Monday Is THE Day

Started by Buzz, November 27, 2023, 01:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Well tomorrow is the day we've awaited for over 2 months. We finally get to find out the provisions of the contract we'll be working under for the next 5 years. Hope it's all it's been hyped up to be.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Let's see if what was said is on paper . Interested to see ....
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

mirrorcheck

After seeing the numbers a junior driver makes 3.00 over the next 5 years to go to top pay after . How the FK foes that driver pay his Bills between now and then ??? It's the height of Negligence and Irresponsibility to even agree to put that in front of members faces .

Senior drivers will
Make more over the 5 years

Matrons get it worse

Neil beat the pants off the union and the union went along for the ride . What took so long to negotiate? We could have had this done over the summer for these results . What a mockery
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

PROUD MEMBER

I think with the exception of the attendants wages this is definitely the best contract that we have seen in years. I'm sure there are those that disagree and you have the right. But to rant about it makes no sense and will not change anything. It's been agreed upon by the Union and the Companies and is now in front of us. It's simple now either you vote YES or NO.

Buzz

The near future is sweeter for some than for others but in general, looking at the big picture, I would have to agree with you PROUD MEMBER.

We did not get back everything we lost in the past ... 40th week, full day for a charter and full day if you do both a.m. and p.m. of a private school on a holiday ... but it is a decent contract and definitely the best we've seen in years overall and I think it goes a long way to narrow the divide between legacy members and newer ones.

mirrorcheck

We can agree to disagree . Not a problem .

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on November 27, 2023, 07:24:36 PMWe can agree to disagree . Not a problem .

Oh ... I agree with you ... it is not as good for some junior drivers in the short run. Wish it were not so but it is what it is ...as much as I have that expression