SENIOR MEN GET SCREWED

Started by Stugots, July 30, 2012, 05:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

In January, Varsity sold ninety runs to Borough, which they took from the bottom of the list.  Now in August, they sold 25 runs to Empire, which means the members go to 854 Union.  The members in January have less seniority then the members in August.  So the senior men get scewed again.  The Union has to stop members from  going to another union.   

Stugots

Did anybody know that Local 854 can buy our runs and take our members.  Their benefits are not the same.  Alot is not the same.  These are the facts and I feel that everyone should know what 's going on.  I didn't know.  It has started, so when is going to end.
The Union says the owners can sell their runs to another union,  are they going to do anything about it.  I guess not.  Are we all gonna stick together or is it every man for himself.  Your suppose to go where the work goes, not to another union.  I'm afraid this industry is being attacked on all sides, I don't know what the outcome is going to be, but we better all wake up and smell the coffee.  What happens to one, could happen to all. 

Grrr

Thanks for the info.  Keep us updated.

This is no way to treat a Most Favored Nation.

bus66

I just visited the ATU 1181 website and the only bus company pick missing is Varsity.  Very interesting.  Are they gone?  Looks like they're gone - no people, no runs, no pick.

John Eadicicco

I brought this up to Michael Cordiello and to Tommy Mullins when he was running the local, and I was told that any member going to work in another company, which is represented by a different local, that member will keep all benefits provided by local 1181! Now the only way to substantiate this will be contacting a member who is affected and find out if our contract is being upheld! I will keep my ears and eyes open!

Stugots

The medical is Oxford, the dental is different.  Supposedly, they are not as good as we have now.   You  keep your pension in 1181, but what are you going to do, pay union dues to two different unions?