“It’s all for the safety of the children.” Err… maybe not.

Started by Studly Due Right, January 13, 2013, 11:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studly Due Right

If my bus company loses my route due to competitive bidding, my union demands that the new company must hire me if I've punched the clock longer than the driver the new company wants to hire. And seniority (punching the clock) is all that matters to the union, not quality. Or skill. Or work ethic. (And making sure that the most senior drivers can never get fired, no matter how lazy they are or how much they screw up.) So, to hell with the kids. It's all about the drivers. And their money.

No, no. Wait a minute, because of course the only reason the union bosses want me to keep my job is to maintain that revenue stream of union dues I've been kicking back to them oh-so-steadily all these years to Michael Corleone and his lieutenants. Because the size of the pile of money the bosses command is all that matters. (Along with the power that goes with it.) So that the union bosses can spread the wealth around to their family members, and cronies, and Marxist organizations and politicians. So we must ensure that all the dues money keeps flowing to the bosses by prohibiting any union drivers from ever losing their job. Union power derives from drivers' dues, so the drivers must keep their jobs so that the dues keep pouring in to the union bosses. So, to hell with the drivers. It's all about the union bosses. And their money.

Glad I could clarify that for you.

Just_Right

You know Studly...I have to say.MY DUES goes for more than lining any union leaders pockets.OH and btw IF you're a driver than you are making the same amount of money I am and that is all because of our UNION.SO I would suggest you either re post this or do me and the rest of the drivers matrons and mechanics a favor and shut the fuck up and quit.
You clearly don't deserve to be driving my kids around.!!

Buzz

Quote from: Studly Due Right on January 13, 2013, 11:09:05 PM
. And seniority (punching the clock) is all that matters to the union, not quality. Or skill. Or work ethic. (And making sure that the most senior drivers can never get fired, no matter how lazy they are or how much they screw up.) So, to hell with the kids. It's all about the drivers. And their money.

I find it hard to believe that you're even an 1181 member. If you are, and if that's the way your company operates, they deserve to lose their work ... and you with it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Studly Due Right

Quote from: Just_Right on January 13, 2013, 11:50:20 PM
You know Studly...I have to say.MY DUES goes for more than lining any union leaders pockets.

1. Thank you for admitting that your union dues line the pockets of the union bosses. Many don't want to admit that.

OH and btw IF you're a driver than you are making the same amount of money I am and that is all because of our UNION.

2. That's true. And the fact that you and I make the same amount of money is yet another failure of the union. I'm a better driver with a better record, and therefore I should be making more money – but for the union's anti-competitive rules. As I wrote before: "And seniority (punching the clock) is all that matters to the union, not quality. Or skill. Or work ethic." After all, does Mark Sanchez make as much as Tom Brady?

You clearly don't deserve to be driving my kids around.!!

3. See #2, above.

Studly Due Right

Quote from: Buzz on January 14, 2013, 02:11:06 AM
I find it hard to believe that you're even an 1181 member. If you are, and if that's the way your company operates, they deserve to lose their work ... and you with it.

The one entity I did NOT remark on was my company, but hey, thanks for playing.

"Bob, do we have a consolation prize for Buzz, just for playing the game?"

Buzz

2. That's true. And the fact that you and I make the same amount of money is yet another failure of the union. I'm a better driver with a better record, and therefore I should be making more money – but for the union's anti-competitive rules. As I wrote before: "And seniority (punching the clock) is all that matters to the union, not quality. Or skill. Or work ethic." After all, does Mark Sanchez make as much as Tom Brady?

If you're such an asset, why don't you go to work in private, non-union industry where your pay is based on merit? My guess is you wouldn't be making half of what you're making now, genius.

(I do have to compliment you on your ability to break down quotes into multiple segments, though.)

Just_Right

First I will address your pathetic attempt to twist my words.
You can say and dissect my words every which way you please for your immature mind to comprehend.But the bottom line is : IF and from what I see in your show of silliness here is IF you are an 1181 member than my opinion is you are a piss poor example of what and who I would want standing next to me on a picket line.   
I will say this a little clearer for you lil man. MY DUES and they are each and every members dues DO NOT line the union leaders or the politicians pockets as you can see our dear mayor seems to think our money should go into classrooms.And I agree money should go into classrooms ,however not at the expense of hiring drivers who are not experienced or professional or skilled as an 1181 driver is.Perhaps if you would like to donate your check every month to the NYC education you go right ahead. And since you say you are a better driver than I than you go right ahead and drive a CITY bus for the nice mayor.
Also since you feel the union is failing it can only be because they started hiring fools like you who seem to think your better than the next guy.Collect dues and complain about an elected union leader.Yeah that's the way to go.Sit with hard working drivers and than complain about them. I uhm I believe that's being two faced?

Don't take your anger out on 1181 leaders.
They work hard as well. Just in a different capacity. AND in this great free country you yourself lil man can be a leader as well.Since your a better driver than any,I suggest you hang up the keys to that bus and get your ass up to the union and FIGHT for me like I know OUR union leaders will.!

Goose623

Don't even pay any attention to this idiot. He is obviously a loser with no life and is def. not a driver.

mirrorcheck

Studly since when is top pay even liveable in ny city ?Also I guess you think any saving would go into the classroom. How did that work out when we instituted lotto ? Why dontyou worry about what this city wastes in pure gabage items due to mismanagent ofmoney. Finally when your done with all that pay a visit to the parents that lost a child cause bloomy didnt want 7th and 8th graders on a bus. All bloomys billions cant bring her back. If you are a driver there are plenty of non union sweatshop companies that will gladly pay you 10an hour for 20 hour days. Enjoy that.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Studly Due Right

Hey Buzz – Walt Frazier is starting in the backcourt tonight. Because he has seniority.
And Joe Namath is going to start next year. Because he has seniority.
And Tom Seaver.
Tony Esposito.

The real world has decided to prioritize only seniority, just like the unions. In fact, there's a movement afoot to bar even these players – because they were so good – Hall of Famers – in favor of the third string player from the team just before them. No merit at all! Seniority über alles!

"How long have you punched the clock, Sir? Oh, that long? You go to the head of the line. You're the most senior so far. No, no. We know you've been phoning it in for years now, waiting for retirement. Or death. No matter. You're the most senior, so you are at the front of the line."

Is there anyone who can explain to Just_Right that I'm opposed to the strike (I'm an independent thinker, I don't get cowed by a bunch of union thugs roaming their glare about the auditorium during vote night.) Therefore, I wouldn't be a "piss poor example" of someone to hold your hand on the picket line, because I won't be on the picket line. Just_Right's having trouble with the concept of opposition to the union bosses – maybe no one's ever tried it before?

And Just_Right, the fact that the union bosses spread your dues around to cronies and family members and politicians, is not refuted because ONE politician – Bloomberg – doesn't take it. After all, the man doesn't take a salary for being mayor, so don't get yourself breathless over the fact that he also takes none from Michael Corleone and Company. They've spread a lot of it to politicians. Just not him.

Mirrorcheck: any savings the city sees will go to the general budget and paying down the debt. They don't need to spend even more on classrooms, but of course the teachers union is lobbying all the time for more money for their union. (You'll find it listed under "smaller class sizes FOR THE CHILDREN. Always for the children. Of course, it doesn't hurt that smaller classes also mean more teachers, which means more union dues to the UFT.) Lotto was a scheme to create a slush fund for the politicians and their cronies. Much like, but on a larger scale, the slush fund Corleone and his cronies sit atop from union dues. (And Lotto also, diabolically, acts as a tax on the lower and working classes.) Or, you could also have pointed out what a boondoggle Off-Track Betting was. They couldn't even cover their expenses and went bankrupt, because government never runs a business efficiently, especially when so many have their fingers in the cookie jar.  Taking bus service from the seventh and eighth grade kids of Staten Island, because of the lack of public transit on the island and sections where there are no sidewalks, was a potentially lethal mistake. (Do you say that a child did die from it?) It was instituted by Pupil Transportation and School Services within DOE, but Bloomberg signed off on it. THAT was an example of being pound foolish with the safety of the children, not EPP.

Buzz

Quote from: Studly Due Right on January 15, 2013, 02:43:09 AM
Is there anyone who can explain to Just_Right that I'm opposed to the strike (I'm an independent thinker, I don't get cowed by a bunch of union thugs roaming their glare about the auditorium during vote night.) Therefore, I wouldn't be a "piss poor example" of someone to hold your hand on the picket line, because I won't be on the picket line. Just_Right's having trouble with the concept of opposition to the union bosses – maybe no one's ever tried it before?

Nobody wants this strike. Maybe you have a better idea for trying to make sure you still have a job in a couple of years?

Just_Right

OOOOHHHhh...DUHHH...I get it now Studly..all this anger and ranting is focused on the *Senior* Drivers!
Well get over it sweet cheeks.If you behave you may be one someday.
And BTW,you could never hold my hand on any line cupcake.

mirrorcheck

Studly....I thought 7th and 8th graders was started by bloomy.....doesnt he not have control over the DOE?Didnt he institute that? You say rightfully so OTB was a boondoggle(everyone under the sun makes money off gambling,except NY State). you now say that the money saved will go to the general budget or pay off debt? Not that I dont believe you think that....I think NY has no clue what its doing,none at all. You do contradict yourself a bit. Not sure who your mad at senior drivers,union or Bloomy? PS arent you a driver and happy with the money we make ....or do you want to take 20% less?
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

terminator

Thats right...maybe he should take 20% less for the good of the city...lol
His statements sure sound like 'sour grapes' from a non union driver to me.
I dont understand his dislike for the seniority system - it is like that in ALL city jobs-so why should we be different? The idea of a seniority system is to eliminate 'picking and choosing' friends/certain people to work first. If you dont believe in seniority then what idea do you offer? He must be a driver that picks in the last 15 minutes of the pick...lol - if he even works with us. STAND together and we have a chance...stand apart and there is NO chance.