Thank you

Started by Ernie, February 16, 2013, 02:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

To all my brothers and sisters of 1181 and especially my Pioneer family.
        In the long days of striking I know you all took many hours and precious time away from your loved ones, as did the strike captains. This has been a long 4 weeks of fighting and trying to keep our needs focused on what was the most important issue. I know it has not been easy financially or emotionally. But it was a necessary to support and honor our union. In spite of all the people that were not happy with all the decisions that were made. I applaud everyone for standing by our union. I especially want to thank all of my strike captains and most of all a very special thanks to my assistants Andy, Anthony, Bobby, John and Gary who helped the ground game go easier. This event has brought many of our members back to complete solidarity and places our best foot forward and leaves behind whatever bad taste that some have had for the union.
        Also I wish to express my gratitude to each and everyone who were nothing but professional even in the darkest days of the disrespect we witnessed by the scab drivers. I am sure at least one or two felt the need to hurl something at the scabs drivers, thank you all for showing your restrain. I know it was not an easy thing to do. But just know we all come out looking better.
Just keep in mind that we will still fight for what we all deserve. The EPP will not fall by the wayside.1181 will continue this battle till it's won.
        So in closing once again thank you everyone for all your support, remember I always said the war can't be won by one person. It will take all of us to fight it.
Thank you all and God bless, enjoy your weekend.
Ernie

Buzz

And, thank you, Ern. We know it's not uncommon for you to put in 12 - 14 hour days, but the 16-18 hours you put in each day of the strike that your were able took a toll on your health. But you're like a machine and you can't keep a good man down. Have a good rest over the next 4 days so you can come back full strength ... you know you'll need it!!

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

1union

Was proud to stand with you ernie you went above and beyond!You and Andy did a great job and it goes to show if we stick togather we will be herd.fight iz not over but i hope we all go back to work and do our job the very best we can and make our union proud.Best of luck to all my brothers and sister's who hung in there and kept it positive i thank you.
GOD BLESS1181 FAMILIES AND FRIENDS.

Air_Brakes

First off let me say that I have been a union man since my early 20's in various jobs.  I have never had a delegate/shop steward work so hard for their membership as Ernie and Andy.  During this strike they, as well as the strike captains, were only able to give us the info that they were supplied.  At times we became very frustrated due to weather conditions, location of strike posts, communication, personality conflicts etc.  This was a trying time.  I for one have become closer to many drivers who were assigned to the same location as myself.  I therefore would like to commend Ernie and Andy for their tireless efforts, and to extend a thank you to my team captain who was always there and tried his best to help people.   Thank you. :thumbup:

terminator

To Ernie and Andy THANK YOU for all you guys did! It isnt easy when you are the 'go between' and have to field all the questions during this tough time.NO DOUBT YOUR THE BEST!

GMC JOE

:yes:  Thanks Erine and Andy you both are the BEST !!!    :bow:
In God We Trust

wizardsi

Thank You Ernie and Andy for all you have done...

Buzz

Andy certainly did more than his share, especially while Ernie was out sick. Can't have more respect or appreciation for either of these guys than I already do, but the past month just reaffirms why I regard them in highest esteem. They gave it their all. Nobody could have done more ... or a better job.

And by the way, though he was less visible out of necessity, Eddie put in many long days, not only with strike issues, but while also conducting other union business that didn't stop because of the strike. The same could be said for Michael and the other executive board members. Larry Hanley's attention to this strike and his guidance were invaluable. I think the timely end of the strike was proper and respectable with reason for a lot of optimism for the future.

Rock Steady

I too feel much closer and look at my fellow brothers & sisters a whole lot differently than I did a month ago.  And for Ernie & Andy, you out did yourselves, I can only imagine how stressfull it must have been, thanks for everything.

Yours Truly
                                                                                                              Carowitz

Buzz

"Carowitz?" Ernie calls me "Barowitz."

I'm Italian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :wink_cheesy:

Numbers

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, ERNIE & ANDREW. You guys r the best ! Thank you 1181 ! Thank you Larry Hanley & mta local 726. Thank you Verizon. And THANK YOU to all my brothers & sisters who stood tall by my side and tolerated me at Arthur Kill. I must say one other thing, all that was said and done this past month by the mayor, chancellor, owners, news media, has killed a part of my spirit.I am sure I'm not the only one who feels this. Pioneer has always been FAMILY to me, so please lets try to heal our wounds and move forward. In Solidarity. #'s

mirrorcheck

Thanks to all...Ernie, Andy and everyone else who gave there all. I appreciate and respect your great efforts and everyone else that played a part.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

MSG

Greetings to all the members of my Pioneer family and the rest of my 1181 brothers and sisters. I just wanted to take the time to add my sentiments. I want to thank Ernie and Andy who worked tirelessly throughout this entire ordeal. The two of them together never wavered in their efforts to bring information, support, guidance and leadership to the rank and file not only at Pioneer but all of Staten Island. This was as monumental of a task that any of you can imagine especially due to the health concerns not only of Ernie but his wife as well. I can tell you that I was fortunate to be part of the team working closely with them day after day and I sincerely hope that every one of you appreciate the brave faces that came before you even when the news was not so good. I also want to commend Barry on the great job he did keeping people informed on this site. I often don't visit here but it was a vital source of information for me and everyone else I'm sure. In closing I want to praise all of the drivers, matrons and mechanics that I had the priveledge to stand shoulder to shoulder with over the last 4 plus weeks. You have shown incredible integrity and resolve and you make me proud to be called your brother. Our show of strength and solidarity was on display for all the world to learn from and I know that they can only hope to emmulate what we showed them in our darkest hours. One more thing YEAH HAH!!!!!!

Buzz

Jeeze, MSG, never knew you could write so well ... very nice and well put. And thanks for the mention.

Rock Steady

He hired a speech writer . . . . to many big words in there.