Bloomy's taking the credit?

Started by Buzz, February 17, 2013, 04:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

In today's Advance ...

"For decades, the monopolistic bus contract process benefited the bus companies and unions at the expense of the city's taxpayers and students -- but no longer," Bloomberg said. "Yesterday, I urged the union leaders to end the strike and made clear that the city would not be held hostage."

He thinks we went back for him? This guy's really got to get over himself.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

GMC JOE

Without no question I saw him say so . He is also afraid for the city without him ruling . We have  let all the politicans go way to far . If the people do not stop them we are    SUBJECTS  :cry2:
In God We Trust

hognol

Do you think those Mayoral hopefuls wrote that letter on their own behalf?  My opinion is our union asked them to write that so we can get back to work and save face.  No one is happier than I that we are back to work, but nothing has changed. The union has the difficult challenge in backing the next mayor, backing the losing candidate will hurt us.  Picking the winner doesn't guarantee the EPP either.  Because lets face it, politicians say one thing to get elected and will do another once they're in office.

We certainly have a rough road ahead of us. Bloomy opened up a nasty can of worms.  I hope it works out in our favor.

GMC JOE

hognol , let us not forget the contract talks with the owners !
In God We Trust

Eucerin

now that should be very interesting to say the least

mirrorcheck

If only bloomy put out as much effort into ruling for the majority as he does for his own personal grudges.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on February 17, 2013, 05:25:27 PM
Do you think those Mayoral hopefuls wrote that letter on their own behalf?  My opinion is our union asked them to write that so we can get back to work and save face.  No one is happier than I that we are back to work, but nothing has changed. The union has the difficult challenge in backing the next mayor, backing the losing candidate will hurt us.  Picking the winner doesn't guarantee the EPP either.  Because lets face it, politicians say one thing to get elected and will do another once they're in office.

Great minds think alike ... LOL. Regardless of who approached whom first, I think it was definitely choreographed between the hopefuls and the local and was mutually beneficial. I think it would behoove the contractors to make substantial contributions to the campaigns of  both the final democratic and republican candidates, then go back to whichever one gets elected and remind them it's payback time.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.