To All Drivers and Matrons

Started by Ernie, April 26, 2013, 02:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on April 26, 2013, 05:35:57 PM
Quote from: Stugots on April 26, 2013, 04:20:32 PM
I would like to know if all the people in the union took a 7 1/2 % pay cut.

Actually, if this sticks (it won't), Michael has assured me all the members of the executive board would take the same cut.

Why 7 1/2 %?  That's just a small part of the equation.  We lost more than that.

We lost Christmas and Easter accruals.  We lost vacation checks.  We lost a week of double days, overtime, and more.  Along with the 7 1/2% cut.

All in all, I lost 20%NOT 7 1/2 %.

And if you factor in the strike of almost 5 weeks, I lost 30% of my salary.  30% NOT 7 1/2%.  Other drivers lost less, others lost more.  No one lost just 7 1/2%.

If the union wants to feel our pain and stand shoulder to shoulder in solidarity with us, they can also take a 30% cut.  That's the same cut.  Taking less of a hit than the membership got is unacceptable.

But then again, Buzz says "it won't stick".

yabba

i agree with you a 10000% grrrrr....in all my years here i have never seen the membership turning against the executive board as i see now,more and more guys and girls every single day are getting fed up with the bull$hit being fed to us from 1181....its time to have them all step down and let the international step in,so may agree some may disagree,but all i know is we went in the street for 5 weeks and came back to a mess...go on strike and loose 20-30@% however you may look at it..... i like to see in writting when this nlrb suit was filed...

John Eadicicco

Rock Steady

Even if they took a 20-30% cut in pay, that would still leave them with a salary of over a hundred grand, and more for Micheal.  So lets go boys, earn your pay check.

mirrorcheck

The amount of money lost due to contractors taking money is more then the 7.5%...its closer to the 20%...that's the original number they asked. If they aren't stopped and these cuts are sustained and get worse we all ,including the board wont have any worries. It will be the end via elections and jobs going back to the parolees from the strike.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on May 18, 2013, 07:02:00 PM
The amount of money lost due to contractors taking money is more then the 7.5%...its closer to the 20%...

Yes, it is closer to 20%. And if the executive board were really going to feel our pain they would have to suffer a loss of the same amount. My previous reference to 7.5 % was in direct response to the post by Stugots asking, "I would like to know if all the people in the union took a 7 1/2 % pay cut. "

But of course there's a certain member of this forum that has to take a pot shot at me any time he can.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Ironic how the more senior you are and the more checks you accrued over the summer you end up losing more. Slick Neil (sorry Bill Clinton hes the new slick)the big solitaire player specifically did this so the "nickel and diming" us to financial death goes over easier. He must have taken this from Bloomy playbook and how he blasted us when you look at yur bills now compared to when he first was elected.
      Slick Neilly is romping us. He won't let us off the ropes to recuperate, after coming back to his lair after the strike. He has the mechanics seperated from us. My opinion is he so covets them, all the more reason to keep them on our side. Now they will be getting a seperate deal, if I understood this correctly the way it was said.
       I keep wondering whike we wait for the NLRB to deliver some good news, that won't be a game changer what exactly besides pushing long time senior drivers to the door what he expects to accomplish? I hope in the end he gets what he fears and all the dredges of society become his workers, cause you cannot pay $hit and expect to keep the great workers he has. I have my name elsewhere and look daily. Honestly I didn't want to but I know I didn't create this and I know who deserves the majority of blame. It isnt the entity like the "snake in the tree types" that screwed up Adam and Eve and forever since have become the problem in this world.

Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.