Message from Ernie & Andy

Started by Ernie, October 27, 2013, 03:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Steady

I don't care how you slice it, with the 2 holiday reductions and the one day per summer week.  For a person with 20yrs or 25yrs that's an 8% hit.  More if you add in all the other bells & whistles.  That's a nice chunk out of a persons annual salary to live with.  Usually a reduction in salary would be 2% or 3%, but this ?  Open contract or not, you'll never see them again once they're gone.  That's a big cut !

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on November 05, 2013, 02:04:33 PM
I don't care how you slice it, with the 2 holiday reductions and the one day per summer week.  For a person with 20yrs or 25yrs that's an 8% hit.  More if you add in all the other bells & whistles.  That's a nice chunk out of a persons annual salary to live with.  Usually a reduction in salary would be 2% or 3%, but this ?  Open contract or not, you'll never see them again once they're gone.  That's a big cut !

That's very true, but still better than the 20-25% cut that was imposed upon us in April, and could be imposed on us again if we turn this down. Not as good as what we once had, but better than what we once were handed. We have to realize that the gravy train has left the station ... like it or not.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WTF

Yea and pulled into neil's (pocket) station!!!!!

PROUD MEMBER

Remember everything is rumor untill you actually read it. Obviously & unfortunately there will be give backs but it's still better than "THE BEST & FINAL OFFER" that was imposed on us. I don't recall any talk about going back on strike then. I have to assume that Ernie believes this is the best proposal that could be negotiated AT THIS TIME. If not he would not put it before us. Remember nobody knows all the people & circumstances involved better than him. I thank him & Andy for their part in this negotiation including them initiating the Opt-in. Also I want to thank all the members who offered to Opt back in. Your gesture truly shows what the word SOLIDARITY means

spunky

All this talk about senority, how about buses should be given out by senority as opposed to who kisses a** to get new ones or who is bringing in food to management and doing all favors to get new buses. The list goes on and on. Nevermind all of 1181 being united the Arthur Kill Road yard alone can't stand united. The rats will always be there as well as the kiss as**es and the backstabbers. I'm here more than 10 years and it is getting worse and worse. It's sad not feeling the same pride I once felt being a Pioneer Employee. Have a great week all 

Dip

Ernie I am an Attendent at AE been on the job 9 years this Feb. Please enlighten us girls about what the heck is going on with our company,are we loses our jobs as of Dec 31?drivers got terminating letters. No has told us anything from our union. TY

yabba

Quote from: spunky on November 11, 2013, 06:31:20 PM
All this talk about senority, how about buses should be given out by senority as opposed to who kisses a** to get new ones or who is bringing in food to management and doing all favors to get new buses. The list goes on and on. Nevermind all of 1181 being united the Arthur Kill Road yard alone can't stand united. The rats will always be there as well as the kiss as**es and the backstabbers. I'm here more than 10 years and it is getting worse and worse. It's sad not feeling the same pride I once felt being a Pioneer Employee. Have a great week all

great post...as far as the new buses there will never be a so called fair way of giving them out...but the other things going on is a joke ...DTA ....the union brotherhood is gone ..too many cheif and not enough  indians

sbdriver1

Quote from: Dip on November 11, 2013, 07:08:47 PM
Ernie I am an Attendent at AE been on the job 9 years this Feb. Please enlighten us girls about what the heck is going on with our company,are we loses our jobs as of Dec 31?drivers got terminating letters. No has told us anything from our union. TY
Dip I feel the same way, I'm an 1181 Driver from Atlantic express and I've heard nothing from our delegates or shop steward. maybe we'll hear something this week.