stick togather get things done

Started by 1union, November 15, 2013, 01:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1union

way to go 1181 when we stick together we get things done nobody wanted to pick nobody wanted to 5 30 yard meeting on a Friday and they finally listened to it to stick together we can get things done.can anybody tell me why we didn't have a yard meeting during the Movie . He still hasn't paid us our money we really need to stick together guys .no favors  .

yabba

yes we need to stick together. no pick till retro checks are in our hands... and to the one who said .. "bunch of cry babies" over the radio this morning....no its not crying  its about having our voice heard,,its about time we start standing as one and get back some of our  dignity we back lost in the past..remember guys  we have brothers and sisters out there out of work,and some of our own pioner brothers and sisters that need the retro  money we won,and to hang our retro money on a string in our faces upon a vote for a contract full of give backs is not being CRY Babies... its being robbed with a gun to your head ...

Eucerin

NO PICK TILL RETRO MONEY IS IN HAND...NO PICK TILL CONTRACT IS SEEN AND VOTED ON...

sbdriver1

I'm glad you guys are getting your retro, You deserve it. Us at AE (1181) were not getting anything as of yet. Gatto should be brought up on charges of embezzlement.

yabba

Quote from: sbdriver1 on November 15, 2013, 03:20:32 PM
I'm glad you guys are getting your retro, You deserve it. Us at AE (1181) were not getting anything as of yet. Gatto should be brought up on charges of embezzlement.

we are not sure of the retro..its all just rumors now till we see it in writing ...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 15, 2013, 03:30:25 PM
we are not sure of the retro..its all just rumors now till we see it in writing ...

No sweat ... it's money in the bank.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Grrr

Goose623

It's not "retro money" it's money he stole from us.. Big difference..

Andrewcappa

Ok, let me set the record straight. The reason the pick was delayed, was because Ernie and I, were waiting to hear from the union 1181, when we would actually get a hard copy of our contract in hand. We were pushing the envelope, but last night Ernie spoke with our Vice President of 1181, Eddie Gig., who informed Ernie that we would have the contract in our hands next week, the week of Nov. 18th. Ernie advised me at 5:30 this morning about the contract, and we made the decision at that time that we should move the pick, so that our people can receive the contract, and read it fully. Believe me we were not pressured by any employees to not have a pick. Actually, we are getting more pressure, and complaints that we did make the decision of delaying the pick. I'm glad that there are people that want to stick together, and be one, that is a good thing. But to say that by you getting on the internet and boasting that the reason that the pick was delayed because we were pressured by people that won't even I D themselves, is not knowing Ernie. Ernie does what's best for the people at Pioneer, you may not agree with some things, but it is done in the best interest of the employees at Pioneer. As far as the back money owed to us, we will never see it until the contract is ratified. Now, like I said in my last post, when you receive the contract, read it carefully, and make your own decision. Remember it has to be good for you, and your family, and not the opinion of your fellow employees.

1union

damn right its money he stole from us .and now he's using extortion for us to sign the contract shame on them.to the Asshole who says were cry in you dam right we are and were sick of asshole and kiss ass who want union wages but will not fight for them.E even ponytail himself got on the radio to make a joke out of all the help he got yesterday with no parking during filming.He wants to show how they can do what ever they want and get so called union to help.No Money I could give to shits what management has to say!Show me my money then I will listen!We have already showed good faith by doing our jobs. Speak up ! Stop them from destroying our union expose the dead wood and get rid of it!

Just_Right

First off I want to say ...Forget the damn money for a moment and think of our JOBS at stake here. The pick was called off for good reason.NOT because a bunch of immature people said to call it off. I am sure Ernie and Andy mulled this over and came to the RIGHT decision for US!.And I sincerely wish some of you would stop chanting*he stole our money* it completely sounds so childish.You who do this makes you sound like someone took your candy.. Yes Money was taken from us and Yes we are getting it back. But damn!.. people grow up.I don't think there is one person who could not use that money now. But stop the crying.We all know he is not going for *most Liked Boss*..but we know we still have jobs.Your right Buzz..for now it's money in the bank.Whether in his or ours..we ARE getting it back.
        When we are getting it back is another thing. BUT the FACT that we ARE is a good thing. There is no need to push the issue and bunch it in with our contract signing.We need to concentrate on the CONTRACT and what it will mean to KEEP our positions as far as keeping decent jobs.I for one do not wish to be grouped with whiny co-workers. I am a professional bus driver and wish some of the rest of you would act the same. At least while you are at work.

I have complete faith in Ernie and Andy to do the right thing for US!I am sure it is as important to THEM as it is to US.We need to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.Stand behind Ernie and Andy..at least we know they got our backs..

And I do not kiss ass or do I need a new bus to voice my opinion. I give my complete trust in the two of them to get the contract out right.

1union

Its just good to see that members are starting to speak up instead of waiting for some else to.!Ask you again have a yard meeting and we all can talk and try to understand how we became the bad guys and get the shit end of the stick.He must have got a nice buck for his movie yesterday but can't pay us?  Miss a great chance to send a message but we dropped the ball!

PROUD MEMBER

In reply to Andy's last post lets set the record straight. First and foremost I really don't think anyone doubts that Ernie and you have all of our best interests in mind. Whether it is a member with one month or one with 39 years. Having said that it's with regards to not having a pick it wasn't pressure it was our wishes. Wishes that at least for 6 hours we thought were heard and respected. Apparently not. As far as hiding behind the internet most people are afraid to speak up in public because Ernie is very intimidating and that is their own fault. It's a shame that you felt that you had to post your statement. Again at least for the last 6 hours everyone felt united with each other and with you and Ernie. Obviously you are only going to hear from the minority of members that agree with you. Apparently you are suggesting that there will be a pick before we vote on a contract. I hope my assumption is wrong. If not I suggest we have a vote on when to have a pick. The reason being as you state I have to do what is good for me & my family. Which I believe is voting on the contract before I pock.

1union

Well said proud member! We have way to much lac of communication and it seems woodhaven likes it that way.

1union

Sorry Andy but we have a lot of reason to wine when we feel our union is not listening. You don't get your balls broke by the office or talk to like your a fuckin criminal.A though they will not talk to me like that it pisses my off when the office boy can ba little a driver right over the radio but if I say the wrong thing I have to go see ponytail .I've heard it several times and so has anyone who bothers with the radio. A lot more but I'll save it to face to face if the union feels like comming down for yard meeting .

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 15, 2013, 08:26:53 PM
In reply to Andy's last post lets set the record straight. First and foremost I really don't think anyone doubts that Ernie and you have all of our best interests in mind. Whether it is a member with one month or one with 39 years. Having said that it's with regards to not having a pick it wasn't pressure it was our wishes. Wishes that at least for 6 hours we thought were heard and respected. Apparently not. As far as hiding behind the internet most people are afraid to speak up in public because Ernie is very intimidating and that is their own fault. It's a shame that you felt that you had to post your statement. Again at least for the last 6 hours everyone felt united with each other and with you and Ernie. Obviously you are only going to hear from the minority of members that agree with you. Apparently you are suggesting that there will be a pick before we vote on a contract. I hope my assumption is wrong. If not I suggest we have a vote on when to have a pick. The reason being as you state I have to do what is good for me & my family. Which I believe is voting on the contract before I pock.

Well, what was meant for good got turned into a pissing match because of a couple of people getting on here and puffing their chests like it was they who got the pick changed ... and Ernie didn't appreciate being undermined in that way. The meeting was called off and the pick postponed because Ernie would not have a copy of the contract until Monday. Period.

Most of us have no idea of the logistical problems associated with a pick ... only having to do it all over again. Coordinating people with trips, performance tests, early dismissals, etc. It take a LOT of work that means nothing to us only because we're not the ones who have to do it.

For everybody's information, the Bronx and Queens are picking next week and they don't know any more about the contract than we do. You think we look like "cry babies" to them?

Driver222

You bet your ass we look like cry babies Buzz.
I don't know how many of us drivers came from other garages.But I'll tell you this.Those guys who stand up for us are doing a great job for us.You people who never had to work at other garages have no f**king clue what its like. All I know is I see Ernie and Andy wiping the cry babies asses.I mean this is the real world stop bitching.Most garages couldn't give a shit about our opinions.They just go ahead and do what they want and leave us empty handed and with no idea what would be.I give them a ton  of credit.All I hear is nothing but bitching and moaning.

1union

No one sticking their chest out here buzz simply venting and I could give two shits about other garages because this one is turning into a real shit place to work. I used to come to work and look forward to talking to my co workers go out after work and even vacation now its a big mess. I don't claim to have all the answers but want to come to work get paid a fair wage and be respected. I do my job for 20yrs not to through it out the window so Niel can line his pockets. We were ask to be pataint and I have but when we try to organize the we get blown off. So sorry if I don't see it your way but I feel there is a big lack of communication and its frustrating. And by the way no one was trying to put pressure on Ernie to change the pick  just trying to get our opinions herd. I guess the new line on this site will be Be lucky you have a job!   Sad 

Buzz

Look, the whole industry has changed. You may not give a shit about other garages but we're all in the same boat. The days of making hard-line demands are OVER. We're in no position to be telling anybody when to do what ... whether it's the pick or getting our back money ...or whatever. We're between a rock and a hard place and, even though you don't want to hear it, we ARE lucky to have a job. We're lucky Neil didn't pull some of the shenanigans some of these other companies pulled ... with their phony chapter 7's and 11's. At least we have an opportunity to get our money. It may not be the way it should be, may not be the way we like, but right now we have to play by somebody else's rules. Just another item on the list of things in life that aren't fair. Sometimes you have to be smart enough to know when you're licked and be thankful for the bones you're thrown, and unless and until we get some form of EPP back, we're worse off than a horny dog with no dick.