stick togather get things done

Started by 1union, November 15, 2013, 01:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 15, 2013, 08:26:53 PM
In reply to Andy's last post lets set the record straight. First and foremost I really don't think anyone doubts that Ernie and you have all of our best interests in mind. Whether it is a member with one month or one with 39 years. Having said that it's with regards to not having a pick it wasn't pressure it was our wishes. Wishes that at least for 6 hours we thought were heard and respected. Apparently not. As far as hiding behind the internet most people are afraid to speak up in public because Ernie is very intimidating and that is their own fault. It's a shame that you felt that you had to post your statement. Again at least for the last 6 hours everyone felt united with each other and with you and Ernie. Obviously you are only going to hear from the minority of members that agree with you. Apparently you are suggesting that there will be a pick before we vote on a contract. I hope my assumption is wrong. If not I suggest we have a vote on when to have a pick. The reason being as you state I have to do what is good for me & my family. Which I believe is voting on the contract before I pock.

Well, what was meant for good got turned into a pissing match because of a couple of people getting on here and puffing their chests like it was they who got the pick changed ... and Ernie didn't appreciate being undermined in that way. The meeting was called off and the pick postponed because Ernie would not have a copy of the contract until Monday. Period.

Most of us have no idea of the logistical problems associated with a pick ... only having to do it all over again. Coordinating people with trips, performance tests, early dismissals, etc. It take a LOT of work that means nothing to us only because we're not the ones who have to do it.

For everybody's information, the Bronx and Queens are picking next week and they don't know any more about the contract than we do. You think we look like "cry babies" to them?

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Driver222

You bet your ass we look like cry babies Buzz.
I don't know how many of us drivers came from other garages.But I'll tell you this.Those guys who stand up for us are doing a great job for us.You people who never had to work at other garages have no f**king clue what its like. All I know is I see Ernie and Andy wiping the cry babies asses.I mean this is the real world stop bitching.Most garages couldn't give a shit about our opinions.They just go ahead and do what they want and leave us empty handed and with no idea what would be.I give them a ton  of credit.All I hear is nothing but bitching and moaning.

1union

No one sticking their chest out here buzz simply venting and I could give two shits about other garages because this one is turning into a real shit place to work. I used to come to work and look forward to talking to my co workers go out after work and even vacation now its a big mess. I don't claim to have all the answers but want to come to work get paid a fair wage and be respected. I do my job for 20yrs not to through it out the window so Niel can line his pockets. We were ask to be pataint and I have but when we try to organize the we get blown off. So sorry if I don't see it your way but I feel there is a big lack of communication and its frustrating. And by the way no one was trying to put pressure on Ernie to change the pick  just trying to get our opinions herd. I guess the new line on this site will be Be lucky you have a job!   Sad 

Buzz

Look, the whole industry has changed. You may not give a shit about other garages but we're all in the same boat. The days of making hard-line demands are OVER. We're in no position to be telling anybody when to do what ... whether it's the pick or getting our back money ...or whatever. We're between a rock and a hard place and, even though you don't want to hear it, we ARE lucky to have a job. We're lucky Neil didn't pull some of the shenanigans some of these other companies pulled ... with their phony chapter 7's and 11's. At least we have an opportunity to get our money. It may not be the way it should be, may not be the way we like, but right now we have to play by somebody else's rules. Just another item on the list of things in life that aren't fair. Sometimes you have to be smart enough to know when you're licked and be thankful for the bones you're thrown, and unless and until we get some form of EPP back, we're worse off than a horny dog with no dick.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.