the pick

Started by 1union, November 18, 2013, 01:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1union

Would love to know who to thank for a pic right before Christmas! Have we lost in enough !

rc1790

Is the new pick schedule posted?

1union

Yes. What the fuck is the rush. Please stop screwing Sr drvers.except it from the company not the union!

Just_Right

Listen- no one is screwing us but the ones that are crying.We could have had our pick today,but due to the cry babies we got shut out. All the other drivers wearing their *big boy* undies are picking today in the Bronx and Queens.
And just a FYI the Sr. drivers aren't getting screwed.Get your facts straight. It's the new guys coming in,that won't get what Sr drivers get.The only thing you cry babies do is screw ALL the drivers.Because we don't get to voice our opinion if you have to keep getting your noses wiped.

Buzz

Quote from: Just_Right on November 18, 2013, 03:11:23 PM
Listen- no one is screwing us but the ones that are crying.We could have had our pick today,but due to the cry babies we got shut out. All the other drivers wearing their *big boy* undies are picking today in the Bronx and Queens.
And just a FYI the Sr. drivers aren't getting screwed.Get your facts straight. It's the new guys coming in,that won't get what Sr drivers get.The only thing you cry babies do is screw ALL the drivers.Because we don't get to voice our opinion if you have to keep getting your noses wiped.

*Like*
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

1union

Facts are straight  tell my why the fuck we have to pick. Used to be done in January. I do my fuckin jod jerk off so my parents do the right thing . By the way guys have a lot to complain about have to listen to bullshit on here or drivers rm.If you don't like it leave the rm or shut your computer. or just ask why no yard meeting s .Seem like we have to wait til someone says something bad against the union before we hear from them. Have a yard meeting once a month that way issues can be addressed. If we had that then maybe we could understand each others problem and address it.If it can't be done the tell us why..Unity in numbers So stop telling me not to complain has long as there are people like yourself I all complain all I want!

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on November 18, 2013, 01:36:08 PM
Would love to know who to thank for a pic right before Christmas!

You can thank the people who bitched about picking this week.

1union

By the way I was for the pick but some co workers had a lot at stake if they for own reason needed to look n stay or leave. So I respect a d don't see the Rush but that would have been brought up at yard meeting we never had.look wish you the best it suck all around but communication is key!

PROUD MEMBER

It appeared to me that the majority of members on this site & at the yard wanted to have the pick postponed to after we got to look over a finalized contract proposal. Whether that was the reason or not Ernie obliged those members. Now guys are complaining just the opposite. It's my opinion we should all just sit back now and when the contract comes & the pick comes they come. Arguing amongst each other is not going to solve anything. We ALL had a rough year. As hard as it may be lets try to enjoy our holidays with our family & friends and be civilized to our UNION Brothers & Sisters (Senior & Junior).

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 18, 2013, 04:39:25 PMAs hard as it may be lets try to enjoy our holidays with our family & friends and be civilized to our UNION Brothers & Sisters (Senior & Junior).

And that will be a lot easier to do once we RATIFY the contract and get our $$$$$$ !!!   :thumbup:   :thumbup:   :thumbup:

Fed Up

Buzz

Quote from: Fed Up on November 18, 2013, 06:32:43 PM
When is it exactly

I think the tentative date is the week of 12/9, but that may change.

Just_Right

In today's global communication network, the *Internet* being what it is. A worldwide connection of exchange and information allowing computers to connect. A vessel for information and many other exciting things it has to offer. Including a sounding board for companies such as Pioneer.
So when posting on a site such as this there really is no way of knowing the context of the wording. That being said I am hesitant to respond to the likes of the above comment. Although I do hope 1union smiled when he out right called me a *jerk off* .My comments were in general. I did not attack anyone personally. So there is no need to attack me on this website. If I may remind you this is a FREE country and I also have my opinion. Just as you have. And I will not leave the drivers room or shut my computer off if I do not like what was said. I have my voice as you have yours. I also do my job. I will comment on anything I feel is wrong. As I will not comment on what I don't know true or false but I WILL try to get the facts and pass them along. I will proceed in an intelligent way. So, if what I do and say doesn't appeal to you. Then do not post back to me and call me names. I am way to professional in my capacity as a school bus driver to lower myself with childish name calling.

Also many things pertaining to this job * used to be * well no longer, times change people change. Mayor decided to screw with the industry. Can't live in the past anymore. So what was once is no longer. Now we have to move ahead with what we have. I have over 28 years in this industry and I have seen many things come and go. So this is nothing new to me. I will say I am thankful I still have a job, comparing myself to the other guys who lost theirs.

1union

Just right you called myself an co workers cry babies .So when you work for someone 20 yrs and never cost the company a dime do what's ask for what so they can stick if to me again and again. Remember one thing Niel already been paid til 2015 and he was the one who voted to shit can your coverage and yet we answer cell phones  coverwork and now let's help him make his movie. You are right I don't get it and never will. Hope that you are not that guy who goes in at 5am to get fuel and gets in an accident you will be on your own.How come its OK to leave before your start in time. Any way I am done with it all  . Best of luck we are going to need it!

worker341

I think the pick date is not important, however what is more important I think, is when you start the run. this pick is close to Christmas let us stay on our runs for the holidays so we can get our Christmas gifts we worked hard for. We all can use a few extra bucks for the holidays so let us collect our Gifts.

1union

Worker 341 great idea that would be great  hope we can do that!  If not why? To just right I am sorry for the name calling it was frustration. I wish nothing but the very best to all my co workers. Been tuff on everyone just can't wait til this mess is over!

Goose623

Is there a list of schools that go in Christmas and February weeks???

PROUD MEMBER

From what I saw in the SI Advance for this school year most Catholic schools are off the same days for Christmas as public schools. Dec. 23-29 As for the February week that includes Presidents' Day Catholic schools are only closed for Presidents' Day. I'm sure the office could supply you an entire list.

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on November 19, 2013, 06:54:31 PM
Is there a list of schools that go in Christmas and February weeks???

Go to the OPT link below, select Staten Island, then select your school. You can advance the calendar to the month you want by clicking on the underlined ">" on the right side of the calendar. However, they can be subject to change, which is why the office doesn't put out lists too far in advance.

http://www.opt-osfns.org/opt/vendors/npcalendar/%28qoehl355mwux4t45i3fzqoig%29/npCalendarMain2.aspx

gigi11744

kind of wondering,,, pick was suppose to start before the holidays anyway  ...I  fail to see the argument regarding gifts...