Question

Started by Grrr, April 07, 2014, 10:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goose623

May 12th is about three weeks away.. Why is the union so silent??? If no EPP then I am not voting for them...not when a field rep is making over a 100 grand a year...

snypster

If there is no E.P.P,it really will not matter if you vote for them or not. I do believe they are  trying very hard. They have just as much to lose as you and me. lets just hope for the best.

Eucerin

bloomberg crushed us.. the EPP is gone, as he wanted it...just my humble opinion

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Eucerin

Oh Ye of little faith ...
I can fit that Bus in there.. look how big that is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pcZXZ9WzBc

snypster

okay Grrr, I dont know what each of the individual busdrivers and their families have to lose, and you dont either. You, or I also do not know what the union people have to lose. Correct me if i am wrong, but if the 1181 pension fund gets depleted ,their pensions will be  affected,just as the busdrivers will be . So, you are making an  assumption that because they make more money than us, that this will not hurt them also. Yes, if they saved their money,they are more insulated than the busdrivers ,if a worst case scenario happens, but  usually people who make that kind of money have a higher lifestyle to maintain.  Did you ever hear the  saying?  "Rich people have alot more to lose than poor people". Everybody loses without the E.P.P, not just the busdrivers ,but the whole union.   Thats  just my humble opinion, also.

snypster

i just got off the phone with the PBGC again, once i gave them the EIN number that buzz provided in the link, they said 1181 was listed as being insured by the PBGC. {i didnt have that information when i first called, maybe thats why i got the wrong information ?] i just wanted to clarify that, and i am sorry for the misinformation, but it was certainly not intentional.

Buzz

Quote from: snypster on April 25, 2014, 05:39:45 PM
i just got off the phone with the PBGC again, once i gave them the EIN number that buzz provided in the link, they said 1181 was listed as being insured by the PBGC. {i didnt have that information when i first called, maybe thats why i got the wrong information ?] i just wanted to clarify that, and i am sorry for the misinformation, but it was certainly not intentional.

Again, I apologize for jumping to the conclusion that you originally posted to stir up trouble. I wasn't sure what was causing the conflicting stories. One of our drivers was talking to fund director, Bob D'Ulisse, yesterday and, in reference to your post, he asked Bob why you may have been told we weren't insured. He said it was probably because you did not specifically indicate that it was ATU 1181 Pension Fund you were inquiring about. If you just phrased it ... for instance ... as "local 1181," or "our union," or 1181 Welfare Fund, they are not insured as such.

Thanks for helping to clear this up.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

snypster

Yes, It is very possible, I phrased it incorrectly. I am glad it is cleared up ,though

Gary 209

Quote from: Buzz on April 26, 2014, 12:38:25 AM
Quote from: snypster on April 25, 2014, 05:39:45 PM

Again, I apologize for jumping to the conclusion that you originally posted to stir up trouble. I wasn't sure what was causing the conflicting stories. One of our drivers was talking to fund director, Bob D'Ulisse, yesterday and, in reference to your post, he asked Bob why you may have been told we weren't insured. He said it was probably because you did not specifically indicate that it was ATU 1181 Pension Fund you were inquiring about. If you just phrased it ... for instance ... as "local 1181," or "our union," or 1181 Welfare Fund, they are not insured as such.

Thanks for helping to clear this up.

I am the driver who spoke to fund director, Bob D'Ulisse during a break in our credit union board meeting on thursday, and I called up Buzz and told him! Hope this clears up anybody's thoughts that buzz is making that up! There was several drivers, shop stewards, delegates, trustees and credit union personal present at the table! As buzz stated if you don't phase your question right, you will get the wrong answer! Bob stated "1181 Pension Fund is covered by the PBGC, not 1181 union, atu credit union or the Health and Wealfare Fund". Hope this clears up and ends this B/S for All!
ps: If you don't know who I am, join the credit union and ask for me. I will be glad to answer any credit union questions you may have.

Gary Smerina
(Gary 209)