Stirring the Shit

Started by Buzz, August 30, 2020, 04:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

..if we are  not behind the wheel next week,then its sept 2021..   the UFT is acting like the teachers are walking into the  ICU back in the begining of April.. its time to get our lives and lively hood  back...i dont want to see what will happen if we dont get back to work next week..

Hammer2161

I spoke to my neighbor yesterday who is a para here on Staten Island and who's Aunt is a principal in Brooklyn.  Yes they are now finally getting that information concerning the children and the busing but they did not have it a month ago.

Not sure if you took the time to click the link that Buzz posted at the beginning of this thread but the BOE is saying that busing may not be ready for several reasons. The two major reasons seem to be that contracts have not been executed and the new routes have not been established. The schools may have gotten a list of ridership and stops but that doesn't mean the BOE has converted that into routes.

I also know that catholic high schools here on Staten Island have already pushed back their proposed opening date by a week. And yes they have been told it could be longer if necessary. And before you ask my niece is a student at Norte Dame and their new start date is the 16th.

Let's hope your right and we are behind the wheel in 10 days.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 31, 2020, 03:38:52 AM

Rumor has it that we got our ridership reports too. I have people coming in tomorrow to see what it looks like. These ridership reports are for both special ed and general ed students complete with stops and routes.

Believe me Neil is not letting us get behind the wheel on September 10th without a contract in his hand.

Ridership reports are one thing, but as of my last talk with Ernie a couple of days ago, the runs are coming down just as they were in March without direction as to how they will be done with social distancing taken into account.

I don't think contractors necessarily have to have a contract in place for buses to roll. Wouldn't be the first time they've done so while negotiations are continuing, just as we have worked without a contract in the past.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: docjones on August 31, 2020, 04:29:03 AM
Apparently the teachers/paras will lose 2 days pay for every 1 day they are on strike is what i heard at a boe meeting.

Won't happen. It's not the first time the Taylor Law has been broken either by the teachers or other unions. One of the conditions of ending a strike will certainly be that all or most penalties ... to teachers and the union ... are waived. (That's not to say they have never been imposed, but we're talking UFT here.) Won't cost them a dime over what they lost in salary during the strike.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 31, 2020, 12:58:07 PM
Not sure if you took the time to click the link that Buzz posted at the beginning of this thread but the BOE is saying that busing may not be ready for several reasons. The two major reasons seem to be that contracts have not been executed and the new routes have not been established. The schools may have gotten a list of ridership and stops but that doesn't mean the BOE has converted that into routes.

Bingo! Ridership reports don't translate into doable routes.

As I've said before, I believe not having a contract is a non-issue.

Hammer2161

I agree that not having a contract in place will not be the reason we do not return to work. They can always go off the last contract until a new one is executed. That for sure has been done before when dealing with the city.

But I do believe not having the new or updated runs in place will give the BOE an excuse to push back the eventual first day of in school learning.

Also as for the teachers and the Taylor Law I believe Buzz is correct. They will surely forfeit the days they are out if the choose to actually strike. But I do not believe any other penalties will come into play even though they are available for the city to impose.

Wether Dumblasio had a plan or not at the beginning of August trying to institute it in the largest school system in the country with only 5 weeks till the potential first day of school was SIMPLY TO LATE. They had 5 months to get this all started and at the time when construction was allowed once again was when they should have started looking at the school buildings. Now he wants us to accept a hap hazard ventilation inspection as a reality.

I guess my real problem with this is simple "WHY THE HELL DID WE WAIT SO LONG". It's really that simple.

wheresmymoney!

setting it up to fail so he looks like he tried. Bozo and caranza i hope im wrong.

LMAO

WigWag16

My friend sent me an email with a photo they got with social distancing rules on the bus pretty much we have seen, known and have been told already. She then said her principal said he is able to see bus routes but no vendors assigned to the route. This is a school in the city

Hammer2161

And there in lyes the problem, seems we can see and hear a lot of things but can never get a final answer. We don't know if they are the same routes from last March or if they have been updated.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING SEEM LIKE ITS SO SECRETIVE ITS TIME FOR FULL TRANSPARENCY.

wheresmymoney!

I thought we already had a contract but it was broken by the City???quote author=Hammer2161 link=topic=2046.msg11709#msg11709 date=1598871487]
I spoke to my neighbor yesterday who is a para here on Staten Island and who's Aunt is a principal in Brooklyn.  Yes they are now finally getting that information concerning the children and the busing but they did not have it a month ago.

I also know that catholic high schools here on Staten Island have already pushed back their proposed opening date by a week. And yes they have been told it could be longer if necessary. And before you ask my niece is a student at Norte Dame and their new start date is the 16th.

Let's hope your right and we are behind the wheel in 10 days.
[/quote]
Quote from: WigWag16 on August 31, 2020, 09:14:12 PM
My friend sent me an email with a photo they got with social distancing rules on the bus pretty much we have seen, known and have been told already. She then said her principal said he is able to see bus routes but no vendors assigned to the route. This is a school in the city

MR.AIRPRESSURE

Hey, am I the only one that did it receive their unemployment this morning?

wheresmymoney!

I got mine too.  The 2.5 hours on the phone paid off!

wheresmymoney!

Don't we have a contract in place already that's still valid? It was broken by what was done to us but its still there isnt it?