Official notifications

Started by Andrewcappa, September 24, 2020, 01:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For Drivers With ONLY PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Did you receive an e-mail, text or phone call from Pioneer to report for work Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?

NO
16 (84.2%)
YES
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Andrewcappa

Hey guys, what a crazy start to the school year, who's got students riding, who don't have students riding, go to your first school in the AM which is closed and wait for instructions, go to your first school in the PM which has no children, why, BECAUSE IT'S CLOSED, and wait for instructions, did you ever witness anything like this in your entire career?             
OK now, I'm taking a survey, I would like to know how many drivers, and attendants with only public schools were officially notified by the Pioneer office to come to work on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, of this week, I want everyone to be honest. I would like to know how many of you drivers, and attendants with only public schools received a phone call, text, or email from the Pioneer office informing you that you must show up for work on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, of this week. Thank You, Andrew

Andrewcappa

By the way, I did not receive an e-mail, text, or phone call, from the Pioneer office to work Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of this week.

rc1790

Andy, the email they sent today said to document students and  their stops. We are not allowed in the buildings. How do we document imaginary kids. Those of us working Catholic schools already have different kids from day to day due to split schedules and remote learning. Can you try to get us clarification. Thanks

Buzz

Guys, just want to make clear, Andy's poll DOES NOT apply to drivers/matrons who were called to do their non-public school. DO NOT VOTE IF YOU ARE DOING A NON-PUBLIC SCHOOL RUN THIS WEEK. It applies only to those who did not have to do a public schools only run this week.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on September 24, 2020, 01:59:59 AM
Andy, the email they sent today said to document students and  their stops. We are not allowed in the buildings. How do we document imaginary kids. Those of us working Catholic schools already have different kids from day to day due to split schedules and remote learning. Can you try to get us clarification. Thanks

Dude, as I told you but just verified with Ernie, this is not our job. Do the run. Adjust times if necessary (though they will never be changed on your run sheet anyway), sign and date the sheet and hand it in. Done and done.

Buzz

Yes? Somebody, who does not have a Catholic or other non-public school, was called or emailed by Pioneer to come in??? If you don't want to post it here can you please PM me and tell me how and when your were contacted? Thanks.

rc1790

Hammer2161

I do catholic school special Ed and I still wasn't notified lol

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on September 24, 2020, 02:22:33 AM
Thanks Buzz. Dude? LOL

Oh, I'm sorry ... dudette? Do I know who you are? If I did, I forgot ... I'm senile.  ;D

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 24, 2020, 02:31:15 AM
I do catholic school special Ed and I still wasn't notified lol

Yes, you're not the first one to tell me that. But you did come in and you are getting paid for the week. Company is trying to pull a fast one and not pay the people who did not come in this week because they did not have a catholic/non-public school.

WigWag16

I was contacted Friday 9/18 and Saturday 9/19 to come in Tuesday 9/22 and the rest of the week to do RJJ girls only. I was then told on Facebook from another driver at 5:30 PM Sunday 9/20 to report for the rest of the week to show up at the AM and PM schools given that RJJ denied service for the week and to show up for my public school runs. I was not contacted by the office of any sort to come in for my public school run, just RJJ

Buzz

To the people the who are saying YES on the poll: Could you either post here, or PM me and tell me what schools you do and how and when you were notified? I'm thinking you should maybe have not taken the poll.

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on September 24, 2020, 02:50:50 AM
I was contacted Friday 9/18 and Saturday 9/19 to come in Tuesday 9/22 and the rest of the week to do RJJ girls only. I was then told on Facebook from another driver at 5:30 PM Sunday 9/20 to report for the rest of the week to show up at the AM and PM schools given that RJJ denied service for the week and to show up for my public school runs. I was not contacted by the office of any sort to come in for my public school run, just RJJ

Ok, that's what I thought. Most, not all, drivers with non-public schools were contacted.

This website and Fb are not official communications from Pioneer.

The poll says, "For Drivers With ONLY PUBLIC SCHOOLS"

And I posted below, "DO NOT VOTE IF YOU ARE DOING A NON-PUBLIC SCHOOL RUN THIS WEEK"

So I hope you voted "No."

WigWag16

hideout

I have only public schools and was schd. to start on 9/29. But Buzz when I asked on this website if I, and drivers in my situation, should be reporting this week you quoted that Ernie posted and said ALL DRIVERS to come in at your report time, pick up your card, go to your first school, then wait for instructions. So instead of starting work on Tuesday 9/29 I came in this week as per what was posted on this site.

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on September 24, 2020, 03:03:13 AM
     I have only public schools and was schd. to start on 9/29. But Buzz when I asked on this website if I, and drivers in my situation, should be reporting this week you quoted that Ernie posted and said ALL DRIVERS to come in at your report time, pick up your card, go to your first school, then wait for instructions. So instead of starting work on Tuesday 9/29 I came in this week as per what was posted on this site.

That's fine.

The point is, this is not "official" notification from the company. They're looking not to pay people who didn't show up but not everybody reads this site or Fb.

Buzz

Guys, so far, 75 people have read this and only 7 participated in the poll. Some people getting paid may depend on the results. Please vote!

hideout

Thanks for the clarification Buzz. I already voted NO.

WigWag16

So just to make sure...we are to just do the runs as we usually do, sign them hand them in. Do not go in the schools etc

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on September 24, 2020, 03:27:18 AM
So just to make sure...we are to just do the runs as we usually do, sign them hand them in. Do not go in the schools etc

Yes. Sign, date, time changes if any. You are NOT required to go into the school.

Ernie

I want to thank everyone for their continued patience and understanding in these crazy times. This is absolutely the strangest and craziest school openings we have ever have and hopefully never have again.

First I would like to say that I appreciate everyone getting involved in the poll on our website. It is very important for me to prove to the owner of the company that at no time did anyone from the Pioneer office contact any members Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday about coming to work. Other than the late conversation that I had with the owner of Pioneer late Tuesday afternoon, in asking him to put a  message out to the members of Pioneer  to some sort of guidance for wed ,but apparently by the time Dispatcher Robert Janks made the announcement for what I am to understand most runs were already in.

I tried voicing  my opinion  to the owner of Pioneer as to why he didn't have office staff send out a mass email as he has done in the past when he furloughed everyone at the end of April. However not until Wednesday evening an email finally came out from pioneer informing our members what to do on Thursday and Friday.

Please be sure to document your AM run and PM run both days (Thursday and Friday).Be sure to write down the correct times on all stops. It is important that this be done properly to ensure that your runs are to be corrected by the BOE and their Routers the number of children and times on your runs are very important. Please Sign and date for both days before turning into office (PLEASE KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF)

Now Accruals: I know we were told they would arrive on or before the 30th of Sept as per the ruling of the arbitrator .However due to the mass confusion of our returning to work checks weren't able to be made for this Friday. And the final date was suppose to be no later than the 30th which is Wednesday of next week. All accruals will be paid on next week's payroll on the second of October.  Guaranteed!.

Now Medical: I spoke to the head of the fund and as I explained too many people already, each company has to send in an attendant sheet for everyone who came into work this week before they can reactivate your medical cards. No matter what day it is when it is turned on, it will be retroactive back to Sept 1st.Hopefully it should be completed no later than next week.

PLEASE Participate in the poll it is very important.

And as always I thank you all for your cooperation

Ernie

hideout

The documentation of runs is only for runs that have children they are picking up this week? Those of us who only have public school general ed runs don't have any students till next week. So since we have no students this documentation does not pertain to us?

sbdriver1

I did not get any notification to come in this week

hideout

Ernie thanks for the update on the medical but it doesn't answer my question. I have a medical billing issue that wants to see a written notification when our Empire coverage is reinstated showing the date. Will there be such a notification or, if not, how can I obtain a written notification of our reinstatement with date.

WTF

Sorry Ernie ahead of time:

Why the fuck should we pull even 1 bus out for this company when he OWES us "OUR" accrual and opt out money! He stole our money kept if for over 3 months (and collected interest on it), forced our union to take him to arbitration, which he then lost and was ordered to pay us by September 30. Lets not forget this was the time that most of us needed it!

Now with all the bullshit going on this week, you want to give this company a pass by not paying us AS THE ARBITRATOR ORDERED! You stated it's because of this week's "mass confusion". Let's not forget we came in on the last minute, did our jobs, with this "mass confusion"!!!. Now you want us to wait another week. I can't afford waiting another hour, never mind another week. Bullshit, Pioneer should have had our checks made and sent out months ago. There should have been NOTHING hard or different for them since they been doing this for decades. Here's an idea, Don't pull out Friday or any other day till he PAYS US OUR MONEY!

OnTime

If it wasn't for this site, I would not have been in this week....

I voted NO

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on September 24, 2020, 04:04:21 AM
   Ernie thanks for the update on the medical but it doesn't answer my question. I have a medical billing issue that wants to see a written notification when our Empire coverage is reinstated showing the date. Will there be such a notification or, if not, how can I obtain a written notification of our reinstatement with date.

Allow me to answer for Ernie because I discussed this with him yesterday. After the attendance reports are submitted to the fund and Empire reinstates those who should be, a notification will come from the union and/or Empire indicating same, but he was not given a time frame.

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on September 24, 2020, 03:51:17 AM
    The documentation of runs is only for runs that have children they are picking up this week? Those of us who only have public school general ed runs don't have any students till next week. So since we have no students this documentation does not pertain to us?

Obviously we would have no idea as to the number of riders for public school on a dry run. Correct times if necessary, sign and date.

The important thing is you go through your run ... and only because of the GPS ... and sign and date the run sheet. Don't stress out on details ... for most of us we will be doing the same exact dry runs as we did last week and this is just to make the masturbaters at OPT feel like they're accomplishing something.

Buzz

Quote from: WTF on September 24, 2020, 06:34:07 AM
Sorry Ernie ahead of time:

Why the fuck should we pull even 1 bus out for this company when he OWES us "OUR" accrual and opt out money! He stole our money kept if for over 3 months (and collected interest on it), forced our union to take him to arbitration, which he then lost and was ordered to pay us by September 30. Lets not forget this was the time that most of us needed it!

Now with all the bullshit going on this week, you want to give this company a pass by not paying us AS THE ARBITRATOR ORDERED! You stated it's because of this week's "mass confusion". Let's not forget we came in on the last minute, did our jobs, with this "mass confusion"!!!. Now you want us to wait another week. I can't afford waiting another hour, never mind another week. Bullshit, Pioneer should have had our checks made and sent out months ago. There should have been NOTHING hard or different for them since they been doing this for decades. Here's an idea, Don't pull out Friday or any other day till he PAYS US OUR MONEY!

So let me get this straight. After being out of work since April, you think we should have pulled a job action ... for a delay of 2 days? Really? I'd be surprised if 10% of us would agree.

Yes, we should have gotten this money in June. They didn't pay, and the union did the only thing they could do ... take them to arbitration ... which occurred the end of August.

Let me point out that Neil, (or any other contractor), could have called for a postponement which would have delayed the arbitration to the end of this month at least. The result would probably have been that we had to be paid by OCTOBER 30.

He [they] did not have it postponed, which would have set us back at least another month. Yeah, I think we can cut him 2 days slack.

JMHO

faceit

Cut him slack? Really? I don't believe in any job action at this time at all, but cut him slack? In the last 6 months how many times do you think he had to worry about paying his mortgage electric gas bills MEDICAL BILLS how many times do you think he had to worry about putting food on his table?

HOW ABOUT CUTTING US SOME SLACK WE ARE THE REASON HE DIDNT HAVE TO WORRY THE HARD WORKING DRIVERS AND MATRONS THAT MADE HIM HIS MILLIONS.
Buzz I appreciate what you do but you and the union are 100% wrong defending him on this one
All lives matter

WTF

First how do you figure 2 days? It's a fucken week 7 days! That's 7 days I have to wait to pay my back bills etc.. Secondly Now he's a hero because he didn't postpone arbitration. He can't make his millions without drivers! Damn be real! It doesn't take long to notify payroll (etc.) and direct deposit or cut checks to everyone. Pioneer knows exactly who and how much he stole from everybody. Payment could be sent in 2 days with no problem. We should have Not pulled 1 bus out this month until we got our money!!!! NO MONEY - NO WORK!!!!

rc1790

That's the type of post that screwed those of us working private schools out of unemployment. A driver complained about not being paid for a matter of days. Most people did not work too hard the last two weeks. The chips will fall in place. I understand what you are saying. Maybe we will get separate checks 
before the month ends.

GMC JOE

The monies due to us is long over due no attempted justification is acceptable Buzz just like they told me I would not be paid for not coming in Monday of this week . This trigger my retirement Enough of the unfairness . They had no problem notifying us when we were laid off did they
In God We Trust

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on September 24, 2020, 04:16:35 PM
Cut him slack? Really? I don't believe in any job action at this time at all, but cut him slack? In the last 6 months how many times do you think he had to worry about paying his mortgage electric gas bills MEDICAL BILLS how many times do you think he had to worry about putting food on his table?

HOW ABOUT CUTTING US SOME SLACK WE ARE THE REASON HE DIDNT HAVE TO WORRY THE HARD WORKING DRIVERS AND MATRONS THAT MADE HIM HIS MILLIONS.
Buzz I appreciate what you do but you and the union are 100% wrong defending him on this one

OK ... it's easy to fault the union, but you tell me ... WHAT SHOULD THE UNION DO? Please, tell me what you would have them do at this point in time.

Buzz

Quote from: WTF on September 24, 2020, 04:27:46 PM
First how do you figure 2 days? It's a fucken week 7 days! That's 7 days I have to wait to pay my back bills etc.. Secondly Now he's a hero because he didn't postpone arbitration. He can't make his millions without drivers! Damn be real! It doesn't take long to notify payroll (etc.) and direct deposit or cut checks to everyone. Pioneer knows exactly who and how much he stole from everybody. Payment could be sent in 2 days with no problem. We should have Not pulled 1 bus out this month until we got our money!!!! NO MONEY - NO WORK!!!!

How do I figure 2 days? Easy. From Sept. 30 to Oct. 2 is 2 days ... even with Common Core math!

And again, I don't think many people would have supported a wildcat.

So, what did you want the union to do? Take him to arbitration again? Would have taken at least a month to get a date and we might not see our money until some time in November.

Keep it up and I'm going to de-throne the current "King of All Shit Stirrers" (LMAO) and award it to you!

Buzz

Quote from: GMC JOE on September 24, 2020, 05:29:10 PM
The monies due to us is long over due no attempted justification is acceptable Buzz just like they told me I would not be paid for not coming in Monday of this week . This trigger my retirement Enough of the unfairness . They had no problem notifying us when we were laid off did they

They have no leg to stand on not paying you for Monday. There was NO OFFICIAL notification regarding coming in Monday. The union will win this one and you will eventually be paid.

Best wishes on your retirement, Joe.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on September 24, 2020, 04:48:01 PM
That's the type of post that screwed those of us working private schools out of unemployment. A driver complained about not being paid for a matter of days. Most people did not work too hard the last two weeks. The chips will fall in place. I understand what you are saying. Maybe we will get separate checks 
before the month ends.

I'm not clear on what you're saying. Screwed you out of unemployment? You mean you were not paid for all of last week? Please explain.

faceit

Ok READ MY POST IM NOT FAULTING ANYONE WHAT I SAID WAS IM DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY AND YOU ARE DEFENDING HIM!!!!
All lives matter

rc1790

That was a couple of years ago.

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on September 24, 2020, 07:56:55 PM
Ok READ MY POST IM NOT FAULTING ANYONE WHAT I SAID WAS IM DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY AND YOU ARE DEFENDING HIM!!!!

I'm NOT defending him. I'm just saying at this point there is nothing that we or the union could do which would possibly work in our favor. "A bird in the hand ..." you know.

faceit

I think you should read your post you certainly are... I still appreciate what you do
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on September 24, 2020, 08:05:07 PM
I think you should read your post you certainly are... I still appreciate what you do

Listen, if you ask me, this should have been paid BEFORE we even showed up for our training class. He was supposed to pay by the 30th but could have delayed that much longer if that was his intention. It's unacceptable that it wasn't paid in June as it should have been, so I just feel 2 more days, at this point, is no big deal. And again, it's JMHO ... just my humble opinion. You don't have to agree.

Hammer2161

You know I am sitting here trying to make heads or tails out of what everyone is saying but it gets really confusing.

I don't believe anyone of us is sitting here saying that Pioneer was right in holding back our money in June and I think most had hoped we would have gotten it before we returned to work. But unfortunately this is big business and everyday he can keep that large sum of money in the bank is money in the form of interest that he gets to keep.

Having said that I really don't think that 1181 could have handled it any differently then they did. They took him to arbitration and won. The arbitration judge gave him till September 30th to pay it out although I don't believe anyone has seen that in writing.

Now here's the pill that's hard to swallow. As much as everyone needs that money and we all mumble that the buses shouldn't roll I don't believe you could have gotten more than a handful of people to pull a wildcat strike. Most people that do this job need this job and the money it brings them more then they care to admit. At this time I feel a lot are at a breaking point and hopefully it will start to get better.

The unfortunate truth is he has till the 30th and we may not get it till the 2nd of October. If you feel that strongly about that injustice ask 1181 who you need to contact at the arbitration board and turn Pioneer in. That's truly your only option at this point. Because like it or not WE NEED TO WORK AT THIS POINT.

I know Buzz won't say this but I will. For most of us we earned more money when we were on unemployment and earning the extra 600 than we did while working. If it was possible we all should have tried to put the extra away until we needed it. I am not looking in anyone's pockets or pointing blame but unfortunately the situation is what it is. I hope everyone can make till October 2nd. And at that point I hope it gets better for everyone.

Buzz I am not sure how you do this because it can seem very thankless way to often.
But again I Thank You.

yabba

the 600 was not the answer... it turned out to be 966 after taxes,and if you think that the 12.5% was enough taxes ,please let me know your accountant in january i use the savings... i was taking home 90. more a week for 3 months and again will pay dearly when i file income tax next year.... also had no benefits too.. so unlike the govt made it look like we were getting rich off the 600. i didnt see it that way...  it helped yes but was not a sit back and get rich payment...

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 24, 2020, 09:31:10 PM
I don't believe anyone of us is sitting here saying that Pioneer was right in holding back our money in June and I think most had hoped we would have gotten it before we returned to work. ...

Having said that I really don't think that 1181 could have handled it any differently then they did. They took him to arbitration and won. The arbitration judge gave him till September 30th to pay it out although I don't believe anyone has seen that in writing.

The unfortunate truth is he has till the 30th and we may not get it till the 2nd of October. If you feel that strongly about that injustice ask 1181 who you need to contact at the arbitration board and turn Pioneer in. That's truly your only option at this point. Because like it or not WE NEED TO WORK AT THIS POINT.

Buzz I am not sure how you do this because it can seem very thankless way to often.
But again I Thank You.

You're exactly right. However, bringing the contractors to arbitration again would only delay payment for many weeks, perhaps months, and the union realizes that. As long as we've been denied for 3 and a half months already, two days more is not that big a deal  ... to me, anyway. Others may feel differently but I think it's mainly a matter of principle and I understand that. Sometimes you just have to pick your battles.

Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it, really.
(Yes, it can seem a little thankless at times. One guy told me I make money off it. How? Do you see an ads? Actually it costs me about $100 a year for a web host.)

Hammer2161

I did not mean to imply that the extra 600 made anyone rich. But constantly attacking each other over something none of us can control is not helping the situation either. The situation sucks to say the least but we need to try and remember that Buzz comes here to relay information as he gets it.  I doubt he comes on here to downplay anyone's concerns.

The absolute truth is that it is only 2 days. I know its a hard pill to swallow but the facts are the facts.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on September 24, 2020, 11:59:43 PM
the 600 was not the answer... it turned out to be 966 after taxes,and if you think that the 12.5% was enough taxes ,please let me know your accountant in january i use the savings... i was taking home 90. more a week for 3 months and again will pay dearly when i file income tax next year.... also had no benefits too.. so unlike the govt made it look like we were getting rich off the 600. i didnt see it that way...  it helped yes but was not a sit back and get rich payment...

I figured the $1104 unemployment (including the $600 extra) minus 24% for taxes and still net about $50 more than a regular paycheck.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on September 25, 2020, 01:01:03 PM
Quote from: yabba on September 24, 2020, 11:59:43 PM

I figured the $1104 unemployment (including the $600 extra) minus 24% for taxes and still net about $50 more than a regular paycheck.

as a republican all my life,it pissed me off hearing them say we were sitting home and not wanting to go back to work cause of the 600...  yes it helped ,but it by no means make me lazy and not wanting to go back to work.. maybe if we were making 15. an hour yes but not us.... the 600 did not make us rich or lazy by no  means