Official notifications

Started by Andrewcappa, September 24, 2020, 01:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For Drivers With ONLY PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Did you receive an e-mail, text or phone call from Pioneer to report for work Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?

NO
16 (84.2%)
YES
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

WTF

First how do you figure 2 days? It's a fucken week 7 days! That's 7 days I have to wait to pay my back bills etc.. Secondly Now he's a hero because he didn't postpone arbitration. He can't make his millions without drivers! Damn be real! It doesn't take long to notify payroll (etc.) and direct deposit or cut checks to everyone. Pioneer knows exactly who and how much he stole from everybody. Payment could be sent in 2 days with no problem. We should have Not pulled 1 bus out this month until we got our money!!!! NO MONEY - NO WORK!!!!

rc1790

That's the type of post that screwed those of us working private schools out of unemployment. A driver complained about not being paid for a matter of days. Most people did not work too hard the last two weeks. The chips will fall in place. I understand what you are saying. Maybe we will get separate checks 
before the month ends.

GMC JOE

The monies due to us is long over due no attempted justification is acceptable Buzz just like they told me I would not be paid for not coming in Monday of this week . This trigger my retirement Enough of the unfairness . They had no problem notifying us when we were laid off did they
In God We Trust

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on September 24, 2020, 04:16:35 PM
Cut him slack? Really? I don't believe in any job action at this time at all, but cut him slack? In the last 6 months how many times do you think he had to worry about paying his mortgage electric gas bills MEDICAL BILLS how many times do you think he had to worry about putting food on his table?

HOW ABOUT CUTTING US SOME SLACK WE ARE THE REASON HE DIDNT HAVE TO WORRY THE HARD WORKING DRIVERS AND MATRONS THAT MADE HIM HIS MILLIONS.
Buzz I appreciate what you do but you and the union are 100% wrong defending him on this one

OK ... it's easy to fault the union, but you tell me ... WHAT SHOULD THE UNION DO? Please, tell me what you would have them do at this point in time.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: WTF on September 24, 2020, 04:27:46 PM
First how do you figure 2 days? It's a fucken week 7 days! That's 7 days I have to wait to pay my back bills etc.. Secondly Now he's a hero because he didn't postpone arbitration. He can't make his millions without drivers! Damn be real! It doesn't take long to notify payroll (etc.) and direct deposit or cut checks to everyone. Pioneer knows exactly who and how much he stole from everybody. Payment could be sent in 2 days with no problem. We should have Not pulled 1 bus out this month until we got our money!!!! NO MONEY - NO WORK!!!!

How do I figure 2 days? Easy. From Sept. 30 to Oct. 2 is 2 days ... even with Common Core math!

And again, I don't think many people would have supported a wildcat.

So, what did you want the union to do? Take him to arbitration again? Would have taken at least a month to get a date and we might not see our money until some time in November.

Keep it up and I'm going to de-throne the current "King of All Shit Stirrers" (LMAO) and award it to you!

Buzz

Quote from: GMC JOE on September 24, 2020, 05:29:10 PM
The monies due to us is long over due no attempted justification is acceptable Buzz just like they told me I would not be paid for not coming in Monday of this week . This trigger my retirement Enough of the unfairness . They had no problem notifying us when we were laid off did they

They have no leg to stand on not paying you for Monday. There was NO OFFICIAL notification regarding coming in Monday. The union will win this one and you will eventually be paid.

Best wishes on your retirement, Joe.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on September 24, 2020, 04:48:01 PM
That's the type of post that screwed those of us working private schools out of unemployment. A driver complained about not being paid for a matter of days. Most people did not work too hard the last two weeks. The chips will fall in place. I understand what you are saying. Maybe we will get separate checks 
before the month ends.

I'm not clear on what you're saying. Screwed you out of unemployment? You mean you were not paid for all of last week? Please explain.

faceit

Ok READ MY POST IM NOT FAULTING ANYONE WHAT I SAID WAS IM DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY AND YOU ARE DEFENDING HIM!!!!
All lives matter

rc1790

That was a couple of years ago.

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on September 24, 2020, 07:56:55 PM
Ok READ MY POST IM NOT FAULTING ANYONE WHAT I SAID WAS IM DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY AND YOU ARE DEFENDING HIM!!!!

I'm NOT defending him. I'm just saying at this point there is nothing that we or the union could do which would possibly work in our favor. "A bird in the hand ..." you know.

faceit

I think you should read your post you certainly are... I still appreciate what you do
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on September 24, 2020, 08:05:07 PM
I think you should read your post you certainly are... I still appreciate what you do

Listen, if you ask me, this should have been paid BEFORE we even showed up for our training class. He was supposed to pay by the 30th but could have delayed that much longer if that was his intention. It's unacceptable that it wasn't paid in June as it should have been, so I just feel 2 more days, at this point, is no big deal. And again, it's JMHO ... just my humble opinion. You don't have to agree.

Hammer2161

You know I am sitting here trying to make heads or tails out of what everyone is saying but it gets really confusing.

I don't believe anyone of us is sitting here saying that Pioneer was right in holding back our money in June and I think most had hoped we would have gotten it before we returned to work. But unfortunately this is big business and everyday he can keep that large sum of money in the bank is money in the form of interest that he gets to keep.

Having said that I really don't think that 1181 could have handled it any differently then they did. They took him to arbitration and won. The arbitration judge gave him till September 30th to pay it out although I don't believe anyone has seen that in writing.

Now here's the pill that's hard to swallow. As much as everyone needs that money and we all mumble that the buses shouldn't roll I don't believe you could have gotten more than a handful of people to pull a wildcat strike. Most people that do this job need this job and the money it brings them more then they care to admit. At this time I feel a lot are at a breaking point and hopefully it will start to get better.

The unfortunate truth is he has till the 30th and we may not get it till the 2nd of October. If you feel that strongly about that injustice ask 1181 who you need to contact at the arbitration board and turn Pioneer in. That's truly your only option at this point. Because like it or not WE NEED TO WORK AT THIS POINT.

I know Buzz won't say this but I will. For most of us we earned more money when we were on unemployment and earning the extra 600 than we did while working. If it was possible we all should have tried to put the extra away until we needed it. I am not looking in anyone's pockets or pointing blame but unfortunately the situation is what it is. I hope everyone can make till October 2nd. And at that point I hope it gets better for everyone.

Buzz I am not sure how you do this because it can seem very thankless way to often.
But again I Thank You.

yabba

the 600 was not the answer... it turned out to be 966 after taxes,and if you think that the 12.5% was enough taxes ,please let me know your accountant in january i use the savings... i was taking home 90. more a week for 3 months and again will pay dearly when i file income tax next year.... also had no benefits too.. so unlike the govt made it look like we were getting rich off the 600. i didnt see it that way...  it helped yes but was not a sit back and get rich payment...

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 24, 2020, 09:31:10 PM
I don't believe anyone of us is sitting here saying that Pioneer was right in holding back our money in June and I think most had hoped we would have gotten it before we returned to work. ...

Having said that I really don't think that 1181 could have handled it any differently then they did. They took him to arbitration and won. The arbitration judge gave him till September 30th to pay it out although I don't believe anyone has seen that in writing.

The unfortunate truth is he has till the 30th and we may not get it till the 2nd of October. If you feel that strongly about that injustice ask 1181 who you need to contact at the arbitration board and turn Pioneer in. That's truly your only option at this point. Because like it or not WE NEED TO WORK AT THIS POINT.

Buzz I am not sure how you do this because it can seem very thankless way to often.
But again I Thank You.

You're exactly right. However, bringing the contractors to arbitration again would only delay payment for many weeks, perhaps months, and the union realizes that. As long as we've been denied for 3 and a half months already, two days more is not that big a deal  ... to me, anyway. Others may feel differently but I think it's mainly a matter of principle and I understand that. Sometimes you just have to pick your battles.

Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it, really.
(Yes, it can seem a little thankless at times. One guy told me I make money off it. How? Do you see an ads? Actually it costs me about $100 a year for a web host.)