Schools to start reopening on December 7th

Started by Hammer2161, November 29, 2020, 06:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 30, 2020, 01:07:32 AM
The so called list was for wether or not your wanted to work or not period. It was not specifically for catholic or private schools. We all interpreted it that way because those were the only schools open this coming week.
I totally understand where everyone is coming from but why is it ok for senior drivers who only do public schools to take my catholic school run this week leaving me furloughed but it's not ok for me to take someone's run next week if we are not all back to work.
NOW I AM CALLING BULLSHIT !!!!

i dont blame you. we should have left the runs alone for a week  and seen how it played out.

OMG

That's not entirely true Hammer, The list was for people who wanted to cover the Catholic and Jewish schools, that's it nothing more. Because those were the only schools still up and running, why else would there be a list. All the New York City public schools were closing and the Catholic and Jewish schools were the only ones operating, it wasn't a list for people who simply want to Change runs. When your schools reopen you go back to work.

TheKid24

Wake me up when junior men who pay dues are given a shit about again 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hammer2161

Well I will just say this I volunteered to cover any run that was available regardless of wether it was Catholic Private or Public. And I for sure will have something to say should my school be closed next week and Public schools be open.
Pioneer and 1181 can not pick and choose how or when they will institute the use of seniority as a means to who works and who doesn't when all schools are not working.

faceit

All lives matter

Hammer2161

FACEIT,
I am very aware of exactly what happened. Not sure if you have been reading the entire thread but we are discussing who will be working next week should the public school system start to open in stages. Some are under the assumption that once their school opens back up they will automatically go back to work regardless of seniority. I doubt it will happen that way.

faceit

Yes sorry no I didn't read it all and I do agree with you on that point hopefully this shit will end stand every body be back at work
All lives matter

Hammer2161

I totally agree I would rather see everyone go back to work at the same time so we can put all of this behind us.
I truly would rather not take anyone's route from them but unfortunately it seems we all have no choice but to let it play itself out.

Buzz

Quote from: LMR on November 30, 2020, 12:14:27 AM
So Buzz are you saying that if you didn't put your name on the list to work and your public school opens on the 7th or the 10th you can return to work to do your own run unless someone with more seniority who is on the list wants to cover that run.

Yes. I believe so ... if the senior person's run is not working. Don't see any reason why it would be any different than this coming week.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on November 30, 2020, 01:43:03 AM
That's not entirely true Hammer, The list was for people who wanted to cover the Catholic and Jewish schools, that's it nothing more.
... When your schools reopen you go back to work.

I guess it would be that way if you were making the rules.  ;D ;D ;D

TheKid24

I still don't get why JHS has to wait to re open.....🤦🏻‍♂️

yabba

Quote from: WTF247 on November 30, 2020, 05:46:25 AM

possibly has to do with 20% testing a week now,old rule was 20% a month.. but who knows how they figure... just think of this with 20% monthly individual schools were closing so much,so now if you closing 4 times more frequently ,i dont think we have enough window space to display the closings..

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 30, 2020, 05:46:25 AM

Yep, I was thinking about it and came to the same conclusion as yabba.  Maybe not enough test kits and/or personnel for the stepped-up testing in all schools.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 30, 2020, 11:00:04 AM
... just think of this with 20% monthly individual schools were closing so much,so now if you closing 4 times more frequently ,i dont think we have enough window space to display the closings..

I was thinking the exact same thing. On the day before he closed the schools, I believe there were 27 schools closed on Staten Island. That number is sure to rise proportionately to testing. Makes you wonder if it's really worth re-opening at this time.

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 30, 2020, 01:43:38 AM
Wake me up when junior men who pay dues are given a shit about again 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And how would you suggest that should happen? Should they be able to work before senior drivers? (Who have been paying dues for many, many more years, by the way. And if you're not working, you're not paying dues.) What's your solution?