Run Documentation

Started by PROUD MEMBER, July 23, 2022, 03:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

I'm here 20 years and throughout all that time every year we have to update our runs with the new times, active stops and # of children at each stop. And every year without fail OPT does absolutely nothing with our updates.
UNTIL NOW!!!!
The reason 15 summer school runs were deleted starting this coming Monday is that last week we all handed in updated documentation and OPT actually put those updates into the system.
Example:
My Summer School Run had 21 stops but only 7 were active in the AM. I adjusted the times for the 7 active stops and put down 0 children for the other 14 stops. Well, on my card for Monday morning my new route sheet not only shows just those 7 stops but also the times I documented.
In the PM I have the same school with the same stops, so OPT also adjusted the route as I documented it.
Now here's the BAD PART!!!!
At that school there are (was) three buses/routes. OPT deleted one of those routes and split those stops and children up and put them on my bus and the other bus!
Obviously us as Union Members and the owners as well we DO NOT want to lose runs (even at this time if we do not have the manpower).
So just keep this in mind come September when we're asked to document our runs. I'm sure you know what I'm saying. Also keep in mind that all the buses have GPS and all the buses possibly may have these new phone systems or whatever it's called. But even with that, I think it will be a couple of years down the road before the students actually have ID that shows that they boarded the bus. For the foreseeable future at least definitely for General Ed runs
OPT will only know if you're going to the stops and will not no how many if any children boarded the bus. Don't be lazy and make sure you pull the parking brake and open the door at the stops!

Kid24

I documented my original run. 3 stops out of 15 in the AM and was told to adjust my times because I said my first actual pick up gets on the bus at 6:21 and gets off at PS 18 at 8am. They said the kid can't be in the bus that long so that pick up was made on my end at 7:10 which was fine UNTIL I saw the run additions after Fridays PM run. I got more kids that were dumped on my run from the deleted runs which is fine because it's actual stops I current had that I had nobody BUT they have my first pick up at 5:49. The yard doesn't open till 5:30 and that kid who was changed to 7:10 OPT now has for 5:53 the kid is on the bus longer than his original time at 6:21. I will have to go in super early with 3 weeks left hoping to see these new kids to only tell them their new time will change for Tuesday. This summer program has been and continues to be a cluster fuck

Kid24

Oh and the stops I documented with O kids are still on my run. I should be able to go in late and have pioneer tell the parent at 5:49 to be at the stop at 7 but we all know my ass would be chewed out for not being their for OPTs nonsense time.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 23, 2022, 03:41:33 AMOPT will only know if you're going to the stops and will not no how many if any children boarded the bus. Don't be lazy and make sure you pull the parking brake and open the door at the stops!

Sound advice yet I wouldn't bet a nickle that times, drivers' names, etc. will be changed on regular school year runs. They only have about 1/4 as many summer runs and they know from past summers that ridership is usually not what they predict. We'll see.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

We will see but obviously it's not worth the chance.
I personally believe that the BOE will definitely be looking to combine/delete runs!
New Mayor is looking to make a name for himself and obviously get re-elected when the time comes around.
In order to do that one of the things he needs to do is cut the budget!!!

Buzz

Obviously do all your stops, I'm just saying I doubt times, names, etc. will be changed.

PROUD MEMBER

Let me make it clear so everyone understand my point. Do all ur stops BEFORE and AFTER you hand in ur documentation. Just make sure that when you hand in ur documentation that you put down at least ONE child for those stops that may have ZERO most of the time!

Buzz

QuoteLet me make it clear so everyone understand my point. Do all ur stops BEFORE and AFTER you hand in ur documentation. Just make sure that when you hand in ur documentation that you put down at least ONE child for those stops that may have ZERO most of the time!

Absolutely! Because there was a kid a that stop ... or could be one ... I think ... maybe ... a couple of years ago ... ya' never know ...  ;D  ;D  ;D

Kid24

So the kids added to my stops from the deleted runs were no shows....🤦🏻‍♂️

Kid24

So my god daughter had her run deleted and another bus never came to pick her up....

Kid24

This by far has been a cluster fuck for this summer. Two weeks left after tomorrow and they are still making run changes. Having drivers go out of their way driving deleted routes that still had kids on the route. Real shit show that needs to end like today lol.

mirrorcheck

It's an OPT thing .........will continue to happen. Just thing if they misfired on this can they even put runs together for September?  I think they have no clue I put it at 50/50 we pick ..............
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.