!!! STRIKE VOTE Tuesday, June 13 !!!

Started by Buzz, May 31, 2023, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

There will be a strike vote by ballot at the yard on 6/13. Anthony's going to let me know whether there will be someone at Sharrotts or if everyone has to come to Arthur Kill. I'll let you know.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Bussin4Livin

Bam....here we go people fight for what we deserve 🪧

Buzz

Last time we were told we would have benefits for 90 days while on strike. A couple of weeks into the strike we were told, "Oops ... sorry ... benefits for only 30 days" ... which was mainly the reason for the premature end to the strike.

Let's see what they tell us this time.

(FYI ... Last time you couldn't get unemployment until after 8 weeks on strike. Now it's only 2 weeks.)

Tommy Gall

Anyone know if they met today for more negotiations?

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Tommy Gall on June 01, 2023, 03:44:48 AMAnyone know if they met today for more negotiations?

They did today and nothing new which is why they are having the strike vote.

Buzz

Quote from: Bussin4Livin on June 01, 2023, 03:55:19 AMThey did today and nothing new which is why they are having the strike vote.

Correct. Apparently the contractors aren't bargaining in good faith, prompting the strike vote.

I'm told the city's own bus company, NYCSBUS, was offered 2% raise over 2 years and a signing bonus ... which of course they turned down.

Not looking good.

Bussin4Livin

From what I heard they aren't against giving us guaranteed weeks or cutting the top pay in half....they just want to give us as little as they want. Again I could be wrong but at the end of the day we got the whole month of June and will likely go to the 11th hour but they are not helping the situation at all

faceit

I'm hearing Neil is the new gatto :thumbdown:
All lives matter

Buzz

Okay, Anthony told me there will be somebody at BOTH yards from about 5 a.m. at Arthur Kill and about 5:45 at Sharrotts.

After 2 weeks we can get unemployment.

After 1 week we get something from the International and the Local but he did not know how much.

If we go to work even 1 day in a month we get medical for that month. Else we'll have to get our own as we did for COVID. (Some people were able to get it free somehow.)

I would say it would make more sense to strike the second day of school rather than the first so at least we'll have coverage for September.

Bussin4Livin

I assume IF we do end up striking it would be in September, and not over the summer

mirrorcheck

You know last time the strike was against en entity other than the owners. However that didn't stop a weakened union that was beaten down and broken Solidarity to prompt the greedy owners from smiling and showing their fangs . Honestly if that's what they want the. Maybe we go on offense . I'm tired of playing defense and seemingly like we are running . I do extra work . Maybe we should stop covering the extra work and let him see what life is like . I don't know the implications but enough is enough.  Look how much they make when we cover runs for just an hourly rate . No taxes, pension , medical etc . Don't have to be an accountant for the big 3 to see the green profits off our backs .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

mirrorcheck

PS they can't replace us cause they CANT cover the work they currently have . Greedy rats 🐀
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

QuoteI assume IF we do end up striking it would be in September, and not over the summer

Yeah, I don't think they're going to mess with our unemployment. Also, striking summer school would be stupid.

Buzz

QuoteMaybe we should stop covering the extra work and let him see what life is like .

Yeah ... good luck getting anybody to do that. Never happen.