Strike Ballotts Being Cast

Started by Buzz, June 13, 2023, 03:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Slowbus on June 16, 2023, 03:17:27 PM
Quote from: Bussin4Livin on June 16, 2023, 01:00:32 PMSee a paycheck like today shouldn't be acceptable UNLESS we were able to collect unemployment WHICH we are not. 2 day and 3 day paychecks is a disgrace which is why guaranteed weeks NEED to be for ALL!
disgusting bro is not our fault that there was fire in Canada 🇨🇦 I was ready willing and able to choke while driving on Tuesday and Wednesday  I thought I was going to get like a snow day Pay or something   Boy Was I wrong. It's sad  But at the same time I'm not surprised

We didn't work because of the fires we worked because of a clerical day for the teachers and some other board of Ed reason so because of their reasons to be off we were off as well. That's why we didn't get paid for Thursday and Friday

Slowbus

Quote from: Bussin4Livin on June 16, 2023, 03:35:26 PM
Quote from: Bussin4Livin on June 16, 2023, 01:00:32 PMSee a paycheck like today shouldn't be acceptable UNLESS we were able to collect unemployment WHICH we are not. 2 day and 3 day paychecks is a disgrace which is why guaranteed weeks NEED to be for ALL!
disgusting bro is not our fault that there was fire in Canada 🇨🇦 I was ready willing and able to choke while driving on Tuesday and Wednesday  I thought I was going to get like a snow day Pay or something   Boy Was I wrong. It's sad  But at the same time I'm not surprised

We didn't work because of the fires we worked because of a clerical day for the teachers and some other board of Ed reason so because of their reasons to be off we were off as well. That's why we didn't get paid for Thursday and Friday
i was scheduled to work both days and somebody from the office called me to tell me that my school was going to be closed .so I assumed it was due to the smoke 💨

mirrorcheck

Again . There needs to be language in there . Cause no doubt he got paid but withheld your pay. Tell me how that makes any sense ? Monday is Juneteenth ? Although we get a 4 hour layup for training (which no other place is open and would train on ) we train on a holiday and if your contract isn't guaranteed at the top you don't get the day. That was added so you get the off day but no pay ? Makes perfect sense .....
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Slowbus

Quote from: mirrorcheck on June 16, 2023, 04:10:08 PMAgain . There needs to be language in there . Cause no doubt he got paid but withheld your pay. Tell me how that makes any sense ? Monday is Juneteenth ? Although we get a 4 hour layup for training (which no other place is open and would train on ) we train on a holiday and if your contract isn't guaranteed at the top you don't get the day. That was added so you get the off day but no pay ? Makes perfect sense .....
100%

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Slowbus on June 16, 2023, 03:44:01 PM
Quote from: Bussin4Livin on June 16, 2023, 03:35:26 PM

i was scheduled to work both days and somebody from the office called me to tell me that my school was going to be closed .so I assumed it was due to the smoke 💨

Must have bee catholic school for that reason cause they were open

Buzz

Quote from: Slowbus on June 16, 2023, 03:44:01 PMi was scheduled to work both days and somebody from the office called me to tell me that my school was going to be closed .so I assumed it was due to the smoke 💨

Now THAT is completely fucking wrong! They know you're not getting paid for those days so they SHOULD HAVE given you the option to do one of the MANY runs for which there are no drivers and are being covered by drivers who are already getting paid for their own runs. I would complain to the union. That's just WRONG!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on June 16, 2023, 04:10:08 PMCause no doubt he got paid but withheld your pay.

Not so. He does not automatically get paid for every run that's on the books. If a run doesn't go out ... for any reason ... he does not bill them for that run for that day so he doesn't get paid. To do otherwise would amount to stealing and there's no way he's going to take that chance getting caught (which he would eventually) with the city.

Bussin4Livin

It's kinda annoying that we are prepared to work but because the DOE wants to keep creating holidays and giving clerical days due to a third party being involved us drivers get screwed in the end with a 2-3 day check unless you got guaranteed weeks

mirrorcheck

Quote from: Buzz on June 16, 2023, 05:40:41 PM
Quote from: mirrorcheck on June 16, 2023, 04:10:08 PMCause no doubt he got paid but withheld your pay.

Not so. He does not automatically get paid for every run that's on the books. If a run doesn't go out ... for any reason ... he does not bill them for that run for that day so he doesn't get paid. To do otherwise would amount to stealing and there's no way he's going to take that chance getting caught (which he would eventually) with the city.

Buzz to be clear, I'm not implying stealing . I'm simply stating as having a very large company it would be wise on his part to get paid from first day of school to last day of school. I'm going to go even further HIM like US its not our fault the City added Holidays that just needed observance . So on the reverse side he's paying guys guaranteed weeks that aren't in the "12 step " program out of his pocket ? He paid to guys the Chinese  new year out of pocket too? the muslim holidays ? im gonna disagree on that. If he does Kudos to him . Until then I don't believe it
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Sorry, mirrorcheck, but you're wrong. That's not the way it works.  I can tell you for a fact he does NOT get paid "from first day of school to last day of school." Each run has to be accounted for every single day. Any that don't go out, he doesn't bill them for and he doesn't get paid for them. To bill them for a run that didn't go out would, indeed, amount to stealing. He's not going to risk it, I guarantee.

As far as paying guys for holidays ... doesn't really pay "out of pocket," per se. It's all figured into his contract with the city. He has a good idea what that's going to cost him ... easy to figure out. He's not taking a hit.

mirrorcheck

Buzz all i am saying is he had to have this bid in as you said . I can't see overages like all the Holidays added that it's a loss for him. Again not saying he's stealing or improperly billing . Isn't fair to him either that all these days popped up. Again if it isn't built in he's taking it as a loss ? hmmm 🤔 PS in effect didn't these Holidays expand the school year cause of the additional time off ?

Buzz

These holidays didn't just pop up and I'm sure there are clauses in his contract with the city to cover any contingencies.

The school year has been 183 (180 required by NYS law) days for as long as I've been here. I don't know how it worked in the past but now if they want to add a new holiday they can't do it by extending the school year. They have to take away an existing holiday ... as with Diwali that I mentioned in another topic.

Buzz

I wonder if our contract will provide for air-conditioned vehicles like UPS got?  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

faceit

All lives matter

PROUD MEMBER

And I just saw a bear shitting in the woods