1181 Strike Update 9/8

Started by Buzz, September 09, 2023, 12:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Slowbus

Bla bla bla bla just strike already weakest union ever

Buzz

Apparently you have never been through a strike or you would not be so cavalier about it. Even if you win, you lose.

This mayor does not want a bus strike and neither do most other people. Instead they want a contract we can live with and that's what they're working towards. As long as they keep talking it looks like we may get that.

J.T.

We need a better contract that's for sure 😡

sbdriver1

Just remember we lost our medical benefits during the strike of 2013. No one wants to strike. But the owner should compromise. I understand he's not going to budge.

Buzz

For the chancellor to say there will not be a strike for at least the next several weeks can only mean there are more meetings planned and they're talking ... which is a GOOD sign.

I think we'll come out of this with a decent contract for all, no strike ... just my opinion.

mirrorcheck

Nona strike wouldn't be good. Hopefully people see even though we aren't first responders we are essential and take on a lot of responsibility. What's scary is they are willing to take in illegals house, clothe, school give phones to and medical. Then complain we can't afford it and 5% should be cut across the board . The city is at its lowest and dumbest stage ever . Just when everyone said it can't get worse than DeBalsio .....
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

PROUD MEMBER

The City doesn't pay us. They pay the contractors. And just like with the illegals and almost everything else the City pays the contractors well. It's the contractors that don't want to share the wealth!

Buzz

Yes,. the city doesn't pay us directly but the contractors are like the MTA ... no amount of money is enough for them, they always want more.

The city always has somebody sit in on our negotiations, but for the mayor himself ... any mayor ... to do so is significant. No doubt the owners are crying poverty, waiting for the city to say, "Give them what they want and we'll give you a few million." They know Adams doesn't want a strike. (And I've always doubted we would have one.) It's an over-simplification but you get the idea.

J.T.

We need a more money that's for sure everything is going up Except our paychecks get with that already😡