STRIKE AVERTED! Tentative Agreement Reached

Started by Buzz, September 21, 2023, 12:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Well gang, just as I've predicted all along, negotiations have ended today with a tentative agreement. "Details will follow at a later time." (Anthony)

So no strike ... assuming the MOA is ratified by US, that is.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

That's great news. Can't wait to read the details ....
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Don't know any details yet, but I understand most of it is to the benefit of people hired since 2013. Must be pretty decent because our union leaders seem very confident it will be ratified. I'm happy for you guys!!

One word of caution which can be said for any contract negotaitions: You almost never get everything you wanted but hopefully you'll get almost everything you wanted.

mirrorcheck

That's well said and I agree you never get all of what you want. I'm happy if we can all approve this and everyone is happy. Specifically the new people who are important for the future .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Hammer2161

Glad to hear we have a potential contract. Hopefully enough has been done to rectify a lot of what was done wrong since the strike in 2013. If we are being honest this contract needs to benefit the people hired since 2013 for this industry to survive and hopefully thrive going forward. Kudos to 1181 and the owners for working together to hopefully put forward a contract we all will be happy with. Now all we need to do is ratify it and move forward.

LMAO

So kudos to 1181 For negotiating a contract to get back what they gave up in 2013 ? Some shrewd negotiator's :head_wall:  tweet

mirrorcheck

Yes Kudos to them. It's not the same President and a major wrong was corrected . You think the owners didn't want to continue sign that Gravy train if they saw a fractured workforce or Executive Board ?

Buzz

Quote from: LMAO on September 21, 2023, 06:53:17 PMSo kudos to 1181 For negotiating a contract to get back what they gave up in 2013 ? Some shrewd negotiator's :head_wall:  tweet

And you're complaining about that???

LMAO

Come on Buzz , I'm glad we got SOME things back but it's something we should have never lost to begin with ! So I'll hold the applause to I see it in writing so no use continuing with the back and forth ............for now 🤪

Buzz

QuoteCome on Buzz , I'm glad we got SOME things back but it's something we should have never lost to begin with ! So I'll hold the applause to I see it in writing so no use continuing with the back and forth ............for now 🤪

Yes, shouldn't have lost to begin with, I agree. But what was our option at the time? To go on strike AGAIN after just ending one?

What is a shame is that perhaps these things weren't fought for strongly enough the past contract.

faceit

All lives matter