Low Temps = Slow Pumps

Started by Buzz, February 25, 2015, 02:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Any time the temperature dips to single digits it's the same old story ... the fuel pumps run at about 2 gallons per minute. I know nobody cares how long we wait on line, but the havoc the long lines cause in the yard is something else. In the afternoon buses can't park, in the morning they can't get out because of fuel lines that wrap around the entire yard.

I know we can't afford good pumps (*snicker*) that could handle the load regardless of the weather, but would it not make sense to remove vehicles, tire rims, etc., from the other side of the pump so that 2 pumps can be used? (Even if it's by only one fuel guy.)

And please, cooperate with the yard men. (Like, park STRAIGHT!) They're 2 good guys trying to do a job under difficult conditions ... and they're pretty damn good at it. Kudos Bobby and Carmine.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

interman

You nailed it buzz it would make life lot easier in the morning.

yabba

which  is older   the bus wash, the fuel  pumps or the pick up truck (plows) which are rotting away ...  i guess the old saying you have to spend money to make money is false ...  also what about the DANGEROUS situations of all the workers walking in the yards  (the ice roads of alaska)...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on February 25, 2015, 06:07:44 PM
which  is older   the bus wash, the fuel  pumps or the pick up truck (plows) which are rotting away ...
... or the generator that's supposed to start the buses!

Quote from: yabba on February 25, 2015, 06:07:44 PM
...  i guess the old saying you have to spend money to make money is false ... 

Spend? Did you say SPEND?!!! Even Mr. Krabs spends money more freely!!

Buzz

Quote from: interman on February 25, 2015, 05:58:39 PM
You nailed it buzz it would make life lot easier in the morning.

It's so hard to get fuel that yesterday I heard even the tow truck going around the yard starting buses ran out of fuel!!!