NYC DOE Bids info. ( EPP not written in )

Started by 24yrs1181, March 12, 2015, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 13, 2015, 07:25:34 PM
I voted for Michael this time & last. The only difference is this time my vote was swayed more toward Michael because he was already in talks with the Mayor's Office. At the time I was under the understanding that the International President and Michael had a good relationship with Mayor deBlasio. Also that deBlasio is on board with us. If so I don't understand why the Mayor is waiting for something to happen on the State level. He has the authority to reinstate the EPP without the State. It may not be law but he can do it just like Bloomberg took it away. So my question to the Mayor & Michael is just that???????

You raise a good point and one that others have mentioned to me. Larry and Michael do a have a good relationship with deBlasio and he and the city council are on our side, 100%. But the mayor cannot reinstate the EPP just like Bloomy took it away. The reason is Bloomy had been granted from Albany mayoral control of the schools for a six year period in 2003, I believe. He was granted another 6 years in 2009. That expires June 30th of this year. deBlasio cannot make contracts of this nature that extend beyond that period.

But, instead of asking Cuomo for another 6 year extension of control of schools (which includes the budget) the schmuck asked for PERMANENT control ... something Cuomo was not willing to grant. So, as of now, deBlasio does not have the authority to put the EPP back into a contract that will take effect after his current control expires June 30.

(Whether he will go back to Albany and try for a 6 year extension, I do not know.)

That is the best explanation I can give you and I hope I have done so clearly. It is also as much as I know about it so I doubt I would be able to answer further questions.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
Thank you for the clarification which makes sense but that leads me to another problem. At a Union Meeting a couple of months ago (the one that was basically about approval or disapproval of the last election) I personally spoke to Michael for about 5 minutes before the meeting started. There was no one else around, no noise, no confusion. I asked him 2 questions. The first was "What do you personally think the chances of keeping the EPP is?" His answer was basically yes. The second question and more importantly (in my opinion) was the exact question that I posted on this site yesterday. It was " Michael if nothing is done on the State level can Mayor deBlasio reinstate it on the City level?" His answer was different from yours. You said NO and explained it. He said "YES" and even had told me the actual term it is called. I forget the term because I was just so happy to hear the word YES. I'm sure you can tell from my Posts & Comments throughout the past year that I do not take things lightly and pay attention to what's going on. Most of all I care about my family & this Local! There are two facts here. Your NO post and Michael's YES to me. All I can say is I hope you are wrong. If not there goes a back up for the EPP if it doesn't go anywhere with the State. Also it means either Michael lied (which I don't believe) right to my face or he didn't know (which I hope not) what he was talking about!

Buzz

I can't answer for Michael but I can tell you that the time you spoke to him preceded deBlasio's request for permanent control of the schools being denied, which was just last month.

Also, I would think if deBlasio could do it, he would have done it by now.

John Eadicicco

It is ALL bulls..t EPP doesn't matter anymore. Once 1181 deceided to negotiate the contracts separately for each company the EPP went out the window.... How are they going to decide who gets paid what amount if it's reinstated? You tell me???????????

driver

A secretary that works for Reliant Transportation said that they are talking with Neil to purchase the company. I hope this does not happen. If the union is so strong that he is going to get an extention on his contract, why does Reliant want to buy the company??? and if Reliant does take it over with no EPP there would be a board of ed master pick, and $15.00 and hour..  I hope this does not happen.....  just simply what I heard.....

Buzz

Quote from: driver on March 15, 2015, 01:53:30 AM
A secretary that works for Reliant Transportation said that they are talking with Neil to purchase the company. I hope this does not happen. If the union is so strong that he is going to get an extention on his contract, why does Reliant want to buy the company??? and if Reliant does take it over with no EPP there would be a board of ed master pick, and $15.00 and hour..  I hope this does not happen.....  just simply what I heard.....

Wow, that's a stretch. Reliant can't handle the work they have now. It's not uncommon for drivers to be sitting around because there are so many buses broken down or out of service that they don't have one. And they might as well install a revolving door on the place with as many drivers as they have quitting every month.

How many times in the past did we used to "hear" that Atlantic was going to buy us out? I wouldn't put much stock into what you heard at all.

PROUD MEMBER

It's been over 2 years since the strike. Does anyone know with certainty just how much the City has saved or not saved due to the removal of the EPP?

PROUD MEMBER

I guess my question is a joke just like most things around here. Until the shit hits the fan than the jokes become serious issues. And before someone tells me I'm to serious DON'T because I am serious!

driver

thanks for the imput.... still concerned........ what is this hold up????

PROUD MEMBER

The reason I ask besides the obvious that I need my job is that to this day I still write letters to our Councilmembers, Public Advocate, Mayor & Governor. If since the removal of the EPP the City is truly saving a substantial amount of money and at the same time statistics show safety & tardiness has not been compromised then I am wasting my time. As I said it's been two years I would think that besides our Leadership posting a letter every few months that they are working with the Mayor's office that they would post some facts such as the ones that I am asking.

Buzz

Can't answer your question but you might be interested in the testimony of the Fiscal Policy Institute ... an independent NYS watchdog group ... presented to the city council a year ago. I hope a similar presentation was/will be made in Albany.   

http://fiscalpolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/FPI-Testimony-School-Bus-Workers-March-27-2014.pdf

John Eadicicco

We can all kiss pioneer goodbye in 3 months!!!!!!!!!

Just_Right

John Isreal shut the fuk up and stop making the Pioneer people worried more than than already are.You come on this site and all you do is give is negative vibes. Go back to tommy salerno and stick your head up his ass where you belong.

yabba

Reliant buying Pioneer...Rotflmao... what is there to buy,there is no contract tied to neil after june as of right now.. basically there could be a bunch of broken down buses used school buses availible after june,and a piece of property is useless..for pioneer school bus the property is gold but without the contract its worthless,look how Roy down the street has had his property for years and  he basically is a landlord to car and truck monthly parking,look at the property taxes he pays ,yes he makes money from parking fees monthly, but not like owning a school bus company....so Reliant intrested in buying pionner right now ,no way unless there is a contract deal we dont know about..

mirrorcheck

That is actually  a great point  JohnEadicicco. Negotiations  for each company does what for the EPP. I have always thought that "we not working for the city  , but working  for the contractors" was a disadvantage.  Now without an EPP...that leverage would seem to be even weaker Imo.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.