NYC DOE Bids info. ( EPP not written in )

Started by 24yrs1181, March 12, 2015, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

24yrs1181

This is the May school bus contract "Request for Bids" from nycenet.edu mentioned in status below:
BID TITLE: Transportation Services for Students with Disabilities and Their Non-Disabled Peers
BID NUMBER: B2394
BID DUE DATE & TIME: *NEW! *NEW! May 1, 2015 by 4:00 pm 65 Court St., Room 1201, Brooklyn, NY 11201
BID OPENING DATE & TIME: *NEW! *NEW! (Tentative) May 4 and 5, 2015 School Construction Authority- Atrium 30-30 Thomson Avenue Long Island City New York, 11101
Pre-Bid Conference: December 17, 2013 @ 1:30PM School Construction Authority 30-30 Thomson Avenue, Long Island City NY 11101, 5th floor conference rooms
Space for attendance at the conference is limited to 3 people per company. Please email the names, titles, company name and address of attendees to: WinterBusBidB2394@schools.nyc.gov
This Request for Bids (RFB) is to provide School Bus Transportation for school age students with disabilities and other riders citywide. The Office of Pupil Transportation is seeking bids for approximately 4,000 vehicles to provide safe, reliable and efficient transportation services to students. It is anticipated that service will begin for the 2015-2016 school year on or about September 1, 2015. This RFB will result in multiple 5-year requirements contracts.
This RFB is for the transportation between the homes and/or stops and schools of city residents with disabilities and other riders between five and twenty-one years of age attending Educational Programs located within the greater metropolitan area (i.e., the five boroughs of New York City; Westchester, Rockland, Nassau and Suffolk Counties in New York; sites in New Jersey; and, sites in Connecticut so long as they are within a 50 mile radius of the City's boundaries). In addition, this RFB is intended to cover the Board of Education's requirements for transportation between residential treatment facilities and schools, between schools (within and outside of the City) and field trip destinations (within the City only), from after school programs to home or alternative afternoon drop-off locations, and for such other uses as provided herein. With the 2015-2016 School Year, the DOE intends to construct routes to be performed under this (and other) contract(s) based on a wide variety of students being transported on each vehicle. Accordingly, it is anticipated that any vehicle under this contract might transport any combination of students (students with disabilities whose Educational Programs may or may not designate specific transportation requirements as well as non-disabled students).
Login to the Vendor Portal to download BID B2394.
If you cannot download this BID, please send an e-mail to VendorHotline@schools.nyc.gov with the BID Number and title in the subject line of your e-mail. For all questions related to this BID, please send an e-mail to WinterBusBidB2394@schools.nyc.gov with the BID Number and title in the subject line of your e-mail.

Goose623

Would be nice to get some answers as to what the f$$k is going on...maybe see a delegate come down to the yard.. All I hear is about a new election.. Who cares about an election if we have no job...

Just_Right

This has been postponed since sept,so nothing your posting is new or TRUE.We all know bloomjerk put all the bids out without the epp.And it's a wonder why Buzz allows you to post shit.Your still up to you lies and bullshit.

Buzz

Quote from: Just_Right on March 13, 2015, 01:04:56 AM
This has been postponed since sept,so nothing your posting is new or TRUE.We all know bloomjerk put all the bids out without the epp.And it's a wonder why Buzz allows you to post shit.Your still up to you lies and bullshit.

Thank you. I don't know what his point is. This is the work that was put out the last October or November that Bloomy was in office. NOT news.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

this has been public knowledge for many months..why everyone is posting it now doesnt make  sense..i just agree that noone is saying a word..this is the end of our local ,our pension,its all going up in smoke very soon and it seems there is no talk or anything going on..its sad we put our hope into people and noone can say anything good or bad news..

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on March 13, 2015, 09:17:11 AM
this has been public knowledge for many months..why everyone is posting it now doesnt make  sense..i just agree that noone is saying a word..this is the end of our local ,our pension,its all going up in smoke very soon and it seems there is no talk or anything going on..its sad we put our hope into people and noone can say anything good or bad news..

The reason is that there IS no news. We have to wait until the state legislature is good and ready to take up the matter of the EPP and it would be easier to move a mountain than to start a fire under their asses.

PROUD MEMBER

Obviously people r posting things now because it is getting closer to a possible end of their livelihoods. Just as the so called pink slips HAVE TO go out when June 26 comes and if there is no EPP or not more then a ONE YEAR EXTENSION most likely we & OUR FAMILIES r in deep trouble. Should we not let out r concerns???

Buzz

Actually, notices have to go out at least 90 prior to June 26 by law.

And, sure you can voice your concerns, but what was posted is old news.

PROUD MEMBER

Well then maybe our Union Leaders can post something. ANYTHING at all (such as we're trying or we're in contact with the Mayor's office) then we can call it NEW NEWS!!!

24yrs1181

Because of the lack of any official updates to the pending DOE bids other than " we are working on it " I made this post, there are many people that have no idea that the bids will go out on May 1, 2015, and will involve approximately 4000 runs, the people of Pioneer may have a better channel of information on this subject, this post is for the members that get a confused look from their shop reps when they ask any detailed questions about this pending disaster.

Buzz

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on March 13, 2015, 02:56:21 PM
Because of the lack of any official updates to the pending DOE bids other than " we are working on it " I made this post, there are many people that have no idea that the bids will go out on May 1, 2015, and will involve approximately 4000 runs, the people of Pioneer may have a better channel of information on this subject, this post is for the members that get a confused look from their shop reps when they ask any detailed questions about this pending disaster.

John, the bids are NOT going out in May. They went out before Bloomberg left office and the OPENING of the bids has been postponed for the third time, which is May 1. I think you're confusing the issue all the more by posting like it's something new. I don't know if this is due to confusion, or having one's own agenda.

Goose623

Hey Buzz, if pioneer gets extended do we stay on or can he start fresh and get rid of us..

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on March 13, 2015, 04:16:13 PM
Hey Buzz, if pioneer gets extended do we stay on or can he start fresh and get rid of us..

He's stuck with us!!!

yabba

proud member im with you on your concern and your family and mine are in the same boat.... yes there should be union meetings almost daily at this point ...its sad that there is only a plan A and there was no plan B....  i guess all the policitcal connections lines went dead ...

PROUD MEMBER

I voted for Michael this time & last. The only difference is this time my vote was swayed more toward Michael because he was already in talks with the Mayor's Office. At the time I was under the understanding that the International President and Michael had a good relationship with Mayor deBlasio. Also that deBlasio is on board with us. If so I don't understand why the Mayor is waiting for something to happen on the State level. He has the authority to reinstate the EPP without the State. It may not be law but he can do it just like Bloomberg took it away. So my question to the Mayor & Michael is just that???????