Why do we as a union have no direction

Started by 24yrs1181, May 26, 2015, 09:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

24yrs1181

Well it's a new day my brothers and sisters, bright, sunny, feeling blessed, blessed that I have the energy to be able to focus on what's good for my family, my family that I live with and my family that I work with, there is an urgency that touches all of us today, an urgency that has been brought upon us , not by our deeds, but the misdeeds of others , its an urgency of a political nature that will effect all our family's and our extended family's because the politics that have been forced upon us will affect the future well being of all our membership ,black, white, Latino , Asian, Russian , Italian , Irish , Jewish , and everyone else that makes up the ethnic rainbow that is our union, I say the politics that was forced upon us because NO ONE WANTED our current executive board to be so ineffective in their job of being THE GUARDIANS OF OUR CIVIL RIGHTS ON THE ON THE JOB SITE, NO ONE WANTED the president of our union to be someone that the bus company owners would look upon as THE BEST FRIEND A CONTRACTOR EVER HAD , NO ONE WANTED to loose the strength of being one solid unified transportation union to be broken up like so many pieces of glass , NO ONE WANED to see so many of our brothers and sisters suffer on the unemployment line with no hope for the future , NO ONE WANTED to loose 35 years of wages and benefits earned by hard dedicated work , sacrifice and sweat , NO ONE WANTED to see an election of union officers made into a mockery of greed ,fraud, deceit and corruption, NO ONE WANTED ANY OF THIS, but it happened , it came down upon us like a dark cloud choking the very life and spirit out of so many decent hard working people, MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS WE ARE AT THE CROSSROADS , the United States Federal Government by bringing our union into a Federal Courtroom has now justified , and brought to truth everything we all knew for years, THAT WE WERE ROBBED, robbed of the right of having a free and fair election of the people that we would trust with our civil rights, our livelihoods, our health and well being, our future pensions, this basic right of a working man was taken from us by greedy power hungry crooks. BUT BUT BUT they got caught, two counts of election fraud, manipulation of the voter mailing list and manipulation of the voter eligibility list and now they must pay the price, and they must go ,go and clear the way for a new day for our union, a new day of strength, a new day of hope, a new day of trust , honesty, a new day of respect that we all deserve.My brothers and sisters just because the fight is right does not mean we will prevail, we have been given a opportunity to correct this mistake that is our union representation, we must be strong, we must be willing to get out there at our places of employment and make sure that all our coworkers know what is at stake and why this re-election is happening and why we will not get a third chance of turning this catastrophe around, they must know that they have to spread the word to their coworkers and those people need to find other people and so on, knowledge is power and we all must inform and enlighten our coworkers and together we will build a new union with trustworthy leadership , with Thomas Salerno as the captain of our ship, he has the knowledge, leadership and experience to guide us out of this mess with a new philosophy of how we should proceed forward, OUR UNION THE WAY IT USED TO BE , " WORKERS FIRST CONTRACTORS LAST " and with that, to start to make the repairs that need to be made, a industry wide seniority master pick , health care that wont break the bank with co-pays, bring back to us what the entire country has, because its the law, " OVERTIME " , and most of all what you wont get from anyone else, OUR INDUSTRY BACK UNDER ONE CONTRACT, this is what our next president owes us all, my friends the Cordello plan to enrich the contractors at all costs,OFF OUR BACKS , so that their wealth would result in a stronger industry HAS FAILED, this failed republican theory of economics, trickle down economics , of building up the rich off the backs of the poor has not benefited anyone but the rich, IT IS A FAILURE, CORDIELLO IS A FAILURE, OUE EXECTUTIVE BOARD IS A FAILURE, OUR TIME IS NOW , GET OUT THERE AND WIN THIS FOR YOURSELVES, FOR YOUR FAMILYS, FOR YOU CHILDREN, there will be good intentioned people out there that will say, they work hard for us, they got in over their heads, there trying to fix the problem they created , they made a mistake, don't talk negatively about our leadership it will make them look bad, blah - blah -blah, ,,, to this I say, I will say anything I want when it comes to my job, my healthcare, my pension, my future, and if you are of a different opinion and you want my attention, you better be coming with some TRUTH and not be some misguided cheerleader loyalty,,,, god bless you and all that get up before dawn to transport all those needy handicapped children, they deserve only the best behind the wheel of those buses,,, !!!!! ONE UNION ONE CONTRACT ONE BROTHER ONE SISTER !!!! FRATERNALLY YOURS , JOHN ISRAEL PROUD MEMBER OF THE SALERNO M.F.C. SLATE !!!!!

PROUD MEMBER

24yrs1181
I agree with you 100% with regards to what is best for Ourselves, Our Families and this Local. The only thing that I can't comprehend is the part about our existing leadership. That's no matter who it is or when they're in office or even how they got in office. What I'm stuck on is until there is another election (scheduled or special) how can it possible help this Local to bash the existing President & EB? I personally voted for Michael but if Tommy had won I'd be behind him 100%. My point is when and if there is a new President whether it is Tommy, Michael or somebody else once that person is in office as Union Members shouldn't we be United with that President & that Board until they're out of office? Somebody please explain it to me like I'm a kindergartener on the bus.

Buzz

Professor Isreal: Try hitting the "Enter" key twice. This will skip a line and start a new paragraph to make your unnecessarily lengthy post readable. Also, I had to read you flowery prose 3 times to get to the heart of what you were trying to say. I believe it was that "...  this re-election is happening ..." .

Really? Has there been a decision in the case? Can you provide a link to a document that supports what you're saying? I'll give you the opportunity to do that, and ... for the time being ... refrain from telling you you're full of shit.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 26, 2015, 11:24:57 PM
Somebody please explain it to me like I'm a kindergartener on the bus.

OK ... he's full of doo-doo.

Just_Right

John shut the fuk up and stay the hell off this site .You do nothing but spit out shit you KNOW nothing about. I am so tired of you standing on a soap box and preaching shit you don't know. You have NO facts. No documentation and yet you come here and become a shit stirrer. That's all you do. You have NO truth about what you talk about. And here's a lil hint for you to run back to your boys the scum salerno's. There is NO WAY they would EVER do what Michael and the EB has accomplished so far. Stop spinning the wheel of lies saying they are corrupt. If that's the slate they stand on to win any election FORGET it!!! You have nothing to share with us as PROOF of what you say.

THIS HAS NOT EVEN GONE BEFORE A JUDGE YET!!!!!!

You have so much to say behind the keyboard but when the Delegates went to where you work you hid behind the others and became the fuking mouse that you are. And when you are challenged on here you never return to speak about your lies.Because you CAN'T prove your own lies.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
Thanks for the explanation. Now I understand!

WTF

Your a FXCKIN LIER! This never happened!

"the United States Federal Government by bringing our union into a Federal Courtroom has now justified , and brought to truth everything we all knew for years, THAT WE WERE ROBBED, robbed of the right of having a free and fair election of the people that we would trust with our civil rights, our livelihoods, our health and well being, our future pensions, this basic right of a working man was taken from us by greedy power hungry crooks. BUT BUT BUT they got caught, two counts of election fraud, manipulation of the voter mailing list and manipulation of the voter eligibility list and now they must pay the price,"

Go slid back up the asshole you came out of, You POS!

24yrs1181

Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)
Civil Enforcement Actions 2015

On February 10, 2015, in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the Department filed suit against Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 1181 (located in Valley Stream, N.Y.).  The lawsuit seeks to nullify the June 12, 2014 election for president, vice president, financial secretary, recording secretary, and nine executive board positions, and seeks a new election under OLMS supervision.  The lawsuit alleges that the union violated the LMRDA when it failed to comply with a candidate's reasonable request for distribution of campaign material to all members in good standing.  The local used an incomplete list of members in good standing to mail the candidate's campaign literature, which resulted in a significant number of members not receiving it.  The lawsuit also alleges that the union violated the LMRDA when it denied members in good standing the right to vote, by failing to count a significant number of voted ballots from eligible members.  The lawsuit follows an investigation by the OLMS New York District Office. 

Last Updated: 2-20-15

Grrr

Our president says the DOL did not find anything wrong and are not looking to reverse the results of the election.   

http://atu1181.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Update-of-DOL-election.pdf

DOL says  " The lawsuit seeks to nullify the June 12, 2014 election for president, vice president, financial secretary, recording secretary, and nine executive board positions, and seeks a new election under OLMS supervision.  The lawsuit alleges that the union violated the LMRDA when it failed to comply with a candidate's reasonable request for distribution of campaign material to all members in good standing. 

Who the hell do we believe?

Buzz

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on May 27, 2015, 09:12:13 PM
Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)
Civil Enforcement Actions 2015

On February 10, 2015, in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the Department filed suit against Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 1181 (located in Valley Stream, N.Y.).  The lawsuit seeks to nullify the June 12, 2014 election for president, vice president, financial secretary, recording secretary, and nine executive board positions, and seeks a new election under OLMS supervision.  The lawsuit alleges that the union violated the LMRDA when it failed to comply with a candidate's reasonable request for distribution of campaign material to all members in good standing.  The local used an incomplete list of members in good standing to mail the candidate's campaign literature, which resulted in a significant number of members not receiving it.  The lawsuit also alleges that the union violated the LMRDA when it denied members in good standing the right to vote, by failing to count a significant number of voted ballots from eligible members.  The lawsuit follows an investigation by the OLMS New York District Office. 

Last Updated: 2-20-15

So? A lawsuit can allege anything. Where is the decision? You're reiterating 3-month old news. What else you got?

WTF

He has SHIT! It's a BULLSHIT LAWSUIT. They lost the election and then a vote by the members to see if the membership wants another election for the President, Vice President etc. and the EB. That vote was 100% by the members present NOT to have another election! So they filed a BULLSHIT LAWSUIT that is still pending in court to overturn the 1st election and 2nd vote by the membership. John all members in GOOD STANDINGS are entitled to vote (as you know), which includes having their union dues paid up to date. NOT 6 months or years in the arrears! John the only thing you are trying to do is disrupt the a hard working membership with lies to benefit yourself and your unqualified friends. Be a man (which is not in your character as we all know) even if its the hardest thing you ever did, and congratulate the winning slate, or at least crawl back up the asshole you came out of and never be heard from again! Us members (in GOOD STANDINGS) have more important TOPICS (as a new contract) to discuss. Hope this clears up what's going on to you Grrrr..

Grrr

Quote from: WTF on May 28, 2015, 04:46:01 AM
Hope this clears up what's going on to you Grrrr..

No, it doesn't "clear up what's going on to me".  But thanks, anyway.

On a side note, Grrr has 3 r's.

PROUD MEMBER

Well it appears John has voiced his opinion (which even if I agree or disagree with) which as a fellow Union Member I listen to and respect. From what I read here it is nothing new and just his usual 2 or 3 month remark to get everybody up in arms. For now my opinion on his last post is it's just BS. So I recommend to all of us to just drop it like it was never even posted and let's concentrate on our present & main issue. OUR CONTRACT!!!

Buzz