Something to think about before we walk

Started by 24yrs1181, November 02, 2015, 05:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

24yrs1181

I know how respectfully  my postings are received on this site, I get a lot of heat from you guys on the rock , but this has been posted elsewhere , some of you will hate it because it is critical of your guy, it's just another members opinion , my opinion, and I am regretting this already , but here it is like it or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My brothers and sisters , there has been a lot of talk recently about all of our bus companies having an in house vote to strike against the city , the contractors and our students , nothing can be more important and more serious than a decision that would put ones career in jeopardy. There are times in a career that when a person is backed into a corner and they have to do whatever is necessary to protect all that one has earned ,worked and suffered for , and I myself would not hesitate to step up and defend myself , my family , my job and my union any way I have to , BUT there has to be a DAM good reason to risk ones job , there has to be a DAM good reason to walk that picket line one more time, and there has to a DAM good plan once we are on that picket line, to get us off of that picket line with a VICTORY THIS TIME AROUND, NOT LIKE BEFORE WHEN CORDIELLO TOSSED US ALL UNDER THE BUS , there better be a rock solid plan to get us in and get us out as quickly as it takes to come out of this serious job action as a WINNER THIS TIME AROUND . The sad truth is that there was NO PLAN before and only a sucker would think they would care enough about us to do a better job this time around . Right now we need to look at the many recent serious strategic anti-member decisions this union has made for the membership under the tenure of MICHAEL CORDIELLO , countless PRO CONTRACTOR decisions that would put us all in jeopardy of losing our jobs if we act impulsively , if we don't than we are doomed to allow them to RISK ALL that we are left with today if we were to have a STRIKE that did not include ALL OF THE 1181 COMPANIES, remember Cordiello has separated all of our contracts taking away our strength as a union, this DECISION OF DIVISION was deliberate , it was a calculated move orchestrated by the contractors and put into effect by their BOY Cordiello to weaken us as a unified body, it made us not a unified transportation union , but a bunch of drivers and matrons working for a bunch of bus companies, an easier target of termination and replacement ,sadly there are among us a few company's that have been led to believe that because they have given this administration blind loyalty and an orchestrated voting forum at union meetings that they will be exempt from the advanced termination tactics CORDIELLO and his contractor partners have levied across the board against thousands of good hard working people , they would be wrong, this anti-member administration has only three friends that it cares about today , that is their silent partners the bus company owners who they have given everything except the kitchen sink , power and money that continues to be collected in the form of our dues, dues from the small percentage that is left of our unions senior members and dues from the two or three thousand or so low paid newbies and if we are not careful and close our eyes and act impulsively we will lose everything. EVERYONE DESERVES TO KEEP THEIR JOB WHOEVER THEY SUPPORT AND WHEREVER THEY WORK, EVERYONE , WE ARE ALL BROTHERS THAT HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH WITH THESE GREEDY BASTARDS , I am going to give you a scenario of a strike when we are NOT striking as a unified body of workers , let's say The union puts Pioneer on the strike line , either by themselves or even two or three companies, three companies are walking a strike line , day 1 , day 2, now comes day 3 and the Board of Ed. " PULLS THE WORK " for those striking companies and distributes them to ALL THE OTHER COMPANIES THAT ARE NOT STRIKING , three companies go temporally out of business until the next bid, all of the newly fired striking workers go on the unions master hiring list ,because as you know , you all were told if you walked the picket line. you would be FIRED , and we all know that union HIRING LIST , it's like falling through a black hole to becoming a shape or even a casual, or worse ,being pushed into a non -1181 company, ( A NEW , VERY EFFECTIVE CORDIELLO / CONTRACTOR TACTIC OF CLEARING HOUSE FOR THE 1181 CO. AND SHIPPING US TO OTHER UNIONS ) , the three companies now REPLACE ALL THE FIRED WORKERS UNDER A NEW COMPANY NAME, ( JUST LIKE THEY DID WITH GOTHAM AND IC BUS IN STATEN ISLAND AND TRAFERO IN RED HOOK AND A FEW OTHERS ) AND REOPEN , and the lousy end result of all that backstabbing is that good hard working people will find themselves being unemployed and their jobs going to all new low pay hires, !!!!!!! THE STRIKE IS LOST AGAIN !!!!!! THE DAM STRIKE IS LOST BEFORE IT IS EVEN GETS STARTED , LOOKS KIND OF FAMILIAR DOSENT IT, SEEN IT BEFORE HAVENT YOU , BROTHERS AND SISTERS THIS WILL HAPPEN , CORDIELLO LET THIS HAS HAPPEN BEFORE, AND IF WE DONT STRIKE AS ONE SOLID UNION HE WILL LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN , !!!!!! IF WE STRIKE WE MUST STRIKE AS ONE WITH A PUBLISHED IN WRITING PLAN , OR NOT AT ALL !!!!! I WILL SAY IT AGAIN " STRIKE AS ONE WITH A PLAN THAT WE CAN SEE OR NOT STRIKE AT ALL " NO MORE SEPARATE CONTRACTS, !!!!! NO MORE CORDIELLO GIVING THE CONTRACTORS EVERYTHING THEY WANT, ITS OUR TIME NOW, ITS OUR TIME TO GET BACK WHAT WE LOST , ITS OUR TIME TO REGAIN SOME EARNED RESPECT TO REGAIN OUR DIGNITY, ITS TIME TO SEND THIS CORDIELLO A MESAGE, SEND THE CONTRACTORS A MESAGE, TELL THEM THAT THE CORDIELLO GIVEBACKS WERE ONLY GOING TO BE TEMPORARY AND NOW THAT THEY MADE THEIR PILE OF CASH OFF OUR BACKS , OUR BLOOD MONEY, THAT THEIR TIME IS UP ,THEIR DAM TIME IS UP!!!!!!!!! GO TELL YOUR DO NOTHING DELEGATE THAT TOMMY SALERNO SAYS " ONE UNION ONE CONTRACT " !!!! THATS WHAT BUILT THS UNION !!!!! THATS RIGHT , TELL THEM TOMMY SAID IT BECAUSE YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS YOU WONT HEAR IT FROM CORDIELLO " THE CONTRACTORS BEST FRIEND " THIS IMPORTANT MESAGE WAS SENT TO YOU FROM TOMMY SALERNO AND THE 2015 SALERNO MFC SLATE, FRATERNALLY YOURS JOHN ISRAEL

Buzz

We get it. Michael can do nothing right and 1181 would be a worker's utopia if only Salerno were president.

You may be seated.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

LMR

Funny how when unity and stability is needed the most,we can always count on you going on your usual wining rant.What color would you like your crying towel.

worker341

I don't think there is such a thing as a one day strike, My piont all 1181 members should strike at the same time. There is not enough of school bus Companies to cover the work and not enough of scab drivers to drive the buses. So lets all go on strike together and cut out all the bullshit talk.

hognol

Worker 341 is correct.  All drivers in all 5 boros must strike TOGETHER. But sadly this will never happen for numerous reasons and these owners know it.

Just_Right

WAIT!!!! WHAT?????
WTF! you Sir keep saying *us..we*..You are NOT even a member of 1181 or any part of US and WE! you are a retired Jerk off that does nothing but slam the Cordiello  slate.
Aren't you the one that the same Union  you bash is the union that saved your job not once but twice??
Get off this site and stop spreading your bullshit.

And BUZZ???? are you kidding me...does his bullshit entertain any one of us?? stop his ranting and bullshit.

Buzz

Nah ... it's funny. It's like Salerno is the ventriloquist making the dummy talk.  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.