Another blow to LABOR

Started by WakeUp123, December 23, 2015, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WakeUp123

Staten Island Advance 12/23/2015 article 'DiBLASIO TO SIGN EXECUTIVE ORDER TO GRANT NON-UNION WORKERS PAID PATERNITY LEAVE"

Non union workers, this is in my opinion one of the last few 'DEATH NAILS" in the Labor movement. Why do we even need a union anymore? Politicians across this country especially here beg for union support at election time promise the world LIKE MAYBE I DONT KNOW REVISIT THE EPP ISSUE AFTER YOU GIVE ME MONEY AND VOTES TO GET ME ELECTED" then turn around and basically DO NOTHING BUT PUNT THE BALL TO THE STATE AND GIVE SO MANY SLEEZY, MURKY EXCUSES AS TO WHY NOTHING IS GETTING DONE.

IM CONFUSED IF DiBLASIO CAN GRANT ALL THESE 'WELFARE" gifts to non union workers by 'EXECUTIVE ACTION" how come the EPP IS NOT AN EXECUTIVE ACTION LAW ?

PROUD MEMBER

I'm not confused. Just as Bloomberg took it away, deBlasio can reinstate it. He chooses not to.

gigi11744

Wow you have a problem with everyone,so let me ask you in all fairness what is your cure all for the problems in our industry , you seem to be very intelligent when it comes to bashing people,let me hear your platform,l am curious as to what your grand plan is to right all the wrongs you complain about,,, I'm waiting to hear your thoughts  :-*

Fed Up

Quote from: gigi11744 on December 29, 2015, 06:29:59 PM
Wow you have a problem with everyone,so let me ask you in all fairness what is your cure all for the problems in our industry , you seem to be very intelligent when it comes to bashing people,let me hear your platform,l am curious as to what your grand plan is to right all the wrongs you complain about,,, I'm waiting to hear your thoughts  :-*

Here Here

WakeUp123

Seriously, some people here really are Sheep.

gigi11744

Figured u say that ,just like the fool in the land of make believe,nothing but garbage , nothing constructive..just drivel,,

gigi11744

Waiting on your words of wisdom my court jester,or do u have to go to the white knights for some guidance and words of wisdom,

Grrr

How to start an internet fight.
Step 1: State your opinion on a subject.
Step 2: Wait. 

LMR

Like I stated in another post,anything is worthy of being said providing we say it respectfully. I presume no one on this site is directly responsible for the fallout of things that have taken place regarding this union.If I am correct we all suffered loss some more than others.If anybody on this site can't handle someone having a differing opinion without being disrespectful or sarcastic then you need to revisit what it means to belong to a union.I was a shop steward on several job sites while working for a major trade union.Vitriolic and argumentative dialogue would not be tolerated.Every union meeting had a warden present to maintain decency and order.Lets try to maintain that here amongst ourselves brothers and sisters.After all we're on the same team.Remeber "IN UNITY THERE IS STRENGTH ".Happy and Healthy New Year to All!