For the disgruntled Of Pioneer

Started by Just_Right, May 09, 2011, 04:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just_Right

I posted this on the Salerno site and in case it doesn't get posted I wish to post it here.

Excuse me Pioneer of Staten Island...
I have more years than you driving a bus. And I will tell you this.
Everyone who was/is unhappy with current elected board members took their frustrations out
on every one there. BUT not one of those frustrated bus drivers made a real attempt
at attending meetings. NOT just election meetings. I am talking about ALL meetings concerning
OUR  future. I HAVE attended each and every meeting. AND I have seen the decline in the members
not showing up BUT voicing their opinions about what SHOULD have and what SHOULDN"T have been
done, the  very next day AFTER meetings when they do nothing but sit around on down time and complain  like a bunch of hens in a hen house. You are just one of the many who complain and do nothing.
The current board doesn't make everyone happy. The past board didn't make everyone happy. The past board  before that didn't make everyone happy. Times have changed and the so called bus drivers we have  now don't depict what bus drivers were BACK than when we were respected and did our jobs without  complaining about minor crap.I can tell you this,the Cordiello Slate is promising and shows there can be things done in our favor.
What we're going to GET is incompetence, ignorance  of our needs. People who want to be elected and have no clue what they are doing there but sitting behind a desk and shuffling paper.
In addition I will add to this, I believe the shop steward in Pioneer does his job well he goes beyond
his abilities of what a shop steward is suppose to do. I have seen him do more than any shop steward
before him.And I am sure none after him will do what he does and have the compassion for us drivers the way he does. You may not like him, his personality or his demenor.Perhaps you are a disgruntled driver who doesn't like anyone. But I will say this, I have seen and heard him defend drivers that were not in  any way deserving of defense to anyone. They should by all accounts been gone long ago.
I believe your *abuse is coming from the GM and not even the owner of company. Who has even been spotted smiling to a few drivers. Not quite the way his dad did.But he does get an *A* for effort.
And  BTW with this administration we have received an increase in pay in a time
when people are losing their jobs and no hope for future employment.
I have friends who have served their companies for years and are now out of work who are taking
positions in McDonalds and gas stations.. Wal-Mart's and Home Depot.
In these economic  times we are lucky for what we have.
If you are that upset with this company or any other. You HAVE enough time retire. Get out out now.
while you can still walk run hop..see if you can get a job elsewhere that pays as your union scale does.
I wish you luck, but don't bad mouth and stain my UNION..Because it works for me.

Buzz

Bravo, Just_Right, bravo!

I had to refer back to that website to see what you were talking about and you're right on. All I can assume of someone who would make a post like that is that, having been here 28 years, this may well be the only job this person has ever had and has no idea at all what it's like in the real world.

It is beyond me how anyone could be dissatisfied with a union that has kept us the highest paid school bus drivers and matrons in the entire country, with the best benefits and pension in the school bus industry. If you're already at the top of the heap, any change could only mean something less than that. Is that the kind of "change" this person wants us to vote for? I guess being Number 1 is too good for him.

There are various unions all over the country agreeing to cuts in pay, benefits and pensions to keep their members working ... and in some cases they get to keep only some of them working. Even though we already were making more than anybody else in this business Michael & Co. still managed to get us a 9% increase plus additional benefits. Yeah, OK, we have to chip in for retiree benefits. Would it be better not to have them?

The 28-year man complains that we were "threatened" to accept the contract or strike. Apparently in his 28 years he has not come to understand the negotiating procedure. Once it has gotten to the point that a strike vote has to be taken, the contractors will come to the table with as much as they ever intend to bring. There is no "going back." At that point, NEGOTIATIONS ARE OVER. The companies ARE NOT coming back to the table. They have given their final offer. It is UP TO US to either accept it or go on strike. WE voted that it would be that way. NOBODY threatened us.

He wonders why attendance at meetings is low? When people are discontent is when they make sure they show up. The vast majority is very content with Michael's leadership and the hard-won gains he has succeeded in getting. Yeah, there are a few opportunists who would rather be making executive board pay than driver's pay and manage to get the support of a handful of malcontents. They know NOTHING about running a union and would take us down from Number 1 to something much less ... and fast.

Problem with our shop steward? I think the changes in conditions since shortly before Christmas speak for themselves. He definitely turned things around for the better, but there will always be a few for whom he can do nothing right.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

And, by the way, Just_Right, you're correct ... I can almost guarantee you won't see your reply on their site. That's their way of fooling others into thinking that everybody agrees with them. But they're only fooling themselves  ...  and can do so until the votes are counted.

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on May 10, 2011, 05:53:56 PM
And, by the way, Just_Right, you're correct ... I can almost guarantee you won't see your reply on their site. That's their way of fooling others into thinking that everybody agrees with them. But they're only fooling themselves  ...  and can do so until the votes are counted.

You mean the administrator only wants  people that agree with his views to post positive remarks and discourages or omits all other views?  That means he's using his web site for his own personal reasons and agenda.  That's just wrong.

Veritatum Cognoscere

Moose

buzz never stops anyone from posting anti-union posts. you prove yourself wrong just by the fact that your post is here.

Grrr

You prove yourself an idiot just by the fact that your post is here. 

He HAS deleted some of my posts in the past.  That's a fact! 

How did you take my post as an anti-union?

Buzz

Quote from: Moose on May 11, 2011, 04:53:32 AM
buzz never stops anyone from posting anti-union posts. you prove yourself wrong just by the fact that your post is here.

Thanks, Moose. I don't bother answering him directly because he's just a hateful, dis-Grrr-untled person who is beyond reason. And, I don't recall deleting any of his posts. Look back at the old forum. If I were going to delete any, certainly those with his obnoxious personal attacks wouldn't still be there.

(If, by chance I did, it had to be an over-the-top, obnoxious personal attack and certainly nothing to do with the topic at hand or views or opinions of our union.)

And, by the way, he can use his web site for his own personal reasons and agenda.

Grrr

[/quote]

I don't bother answering him directly
[/quote]

Good decision...

Buzz

mirrorcheck

Between this site and the other sites there is 99.99% freedom to post what you feel here. Then again Buzz said that.....why thats questioned is senseless. Deleting a post doesnt stop a message or change an incident that occured. Thats just my own opinion.....also there is tons of stuff on here and the old forum that would have been deleted and stills stands.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Hey, about time, mirrorcheck. Just this morning I was thinking of sending you a PM to see what happened to you. Haven't heard from you in a long while. Everything OK?

mirrorcheck

Absolutely Buzz....was getting the laptop fixed.....I was reading and watching but not commenting while I was using the other one the wife uses for work,etc.Good to see that all is well....and "some things and people" never change  ;D
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.