is he a rat

Started by kupcake, May 18, 2011, 03:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kupcake

I read this site before but I sign up now so I can write. I hope it ok cuz I dont work poineer but I just want to know if somethings true. the other day I saw a flier from salerno slate saying that he did not write some letter that got a girl from atlantic in trouble. I dint know what its about but I asked some people. they say that he had something against her she does the road tests at atlantic. they said he called and wrote the dmv and said she dont give the test right. if this is true it is a nasty thing to do to an other union sister, special from someone who runs for pres. Do anybody of you know if its true. sorry dont write english to good so sorry for the errs.

Buzz

Welcome, kupcake and remember, "To err is human. To forgive is divine." LOL.

I heard this about a month ago and since then a couple of people have mentioned the same to me. I didn't really pay much attention to it but now that you ask about it here, my curiosity is piqued. I am not familiar with the flier you made reference to however I will try to get more information as to whether there is any validity to the story and what would prompt the distribution of such a flier from this slate.

Can't promise anything, but thanks for posting.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Well, kupcake, it seems you dropped a bit of a bombshell on us. The story, as explained to me, is that the 19-A instructor involved was asked to run on the Salerno slate as a delegate. She declined, saying she supports the Cordiello slate and of course, that didn't sit well with the Salernos. There's no way anyone could prove or disprove whether Tom Salerno called or visited the DMV in regard to the 19-A instructor, unless there was a witness present who could corroborate such, but that would be a long shot. There's no "paper trail" so to speak.

Now, a letter, on the other hand, is its own "paper trail." In response to my inquiry I did indeed received a copy of a letter that bears the name of Paul Salerno, Tom's brother, (who is running on his slate for a delegate's position).  The letter was addressed to International President Larry Hanley, with copies to the FBI, the Dept. of Labor, the DMV and Atlantic express. (Apparently, Barack Obama was spared the burden of enduring 3 pages of tedious reading.)

The letter is a rambling, 3 page laundry list of supposed injustices suffered at the hands of current union officials, from Michael on down. (Imagine that ... an opposing candidate making unsubstantiated charges against the incumbents!) In the letter, Paul Salerno did make pretty incriminating statements regarding the 19-A instructor and other members. He says, in part, "I know that hundreds of drivers haven't taken a class in years ..."   *OUCH!!*

Click on this link to read the letter in its entirety. The part about the 19-A instructor is at the top of page 2. Please note: The crossed-out names are not my doing – this is the way I received the document ...

Needless to say, this earned the Salerno slate the wrath of many Atlantic Express employees, which will surely be expressed when they cast their ballots. And ironically, outside of Atlantic Express, not many people were aware of this letter until, like yourself, they saw the flier put out by Tom Salerno denying that any such letter from him existed. Of course, he neglected to mention that there is such a letter with his brother's name on it.

Here is that flier, which I believe is the same one you mentioned in your post. The comments written in at the bottom of the page are not mine – this is the way I received this document ...

Most people I spoke to believe Paul sent the letter with Tommy's consent. If you choose not to believe so, then the other alternative is that Paul acted as a rogue, damaging his brother and the entire slate. But then why would a liability like this still be on the slate ... brother or not? If a would-be president is not in control of his running mates, how could he possibly hope to be in control of a union?

In any event, the evidence is yours to assess, and as for your question as to whether it's true and whether he's a "rat," you can draw your own conclusions. As for me, when it's a matter of believing what someone says versus what I see, I'll believe what I see every time.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

bus66

I read the post of kupcake as well as the response by Buzz and my first reaction was why would Buzz respond with such eloquence since kupcake admittedly has a problem with English?  Then it became clear to me that Buzz is the author of the "tip".  I guess things must be so slow that Buzz is playng with himself.  It's old news - no bombshell!
Hey Buzz, do you know that Osama is dead?

Buzz

Quote from: bus66 on May 19, 2011, 06:57:45 PM
I read the post of kupcake as well as the response by Buzz and my first reaction was why would Buzz respond with such eloquence since kupcake admittedly has a problem with English?  Then it became clear to me that Buzz is the author of the "tip".  I guess things must be so slow that Buzz is playng with himself.  It's old news - no bombshell!
Hey Buzz, do you know that Osama is dead?

I can only write the way I always write, Sherlock. Besides, she said she can't "write" well, that doesn't mean she can't read ... and she's not the only one who will read it.

As I said in my response ... it wasn't "new" to me. I had heard it before but I just didn't pay much attention to it. But that was before I saw the letter and before the flier denying it was out there, which I pursued after seeing it here.

Also ... I don't care if "things are slow" ... I don't make a dime on this, in fact, it costs me money. I can only wonder what your agenda would be in making such a statement, especially since this is your first and only post.

Just_Right

Some people must stay up late at night trying to think of ways to be a$$wipes.
The post was clear enough to get her point across. And Buzz answered the way he ALWAYS answers.With respect to the poster.
So no offense  to the person *kupcake* the issue was clear,bad grammar non speaking english.None of that matter as the point was clear. Salerno is by all accounts a rat.

So I would say to bus66 go back and read the letters of incriminating evidence.Written by none other than a Salerno.

mirrorcheck

Buzz I didnt think your response was any different from ones in the past. I guess being thoughtful and articulate are lost trades since the majority of the media doesnt practice that  ;D
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Thank you, Just_Right and mirrorcheck. Not hard to figure out bus66's agenda. It's obvious he's a Salerno supporter or candidate who doesn't like that their dastardly deed was exposed here. He did however describe my post as having "such eloquence" ... I'll thank him for the compliment when I have the chance.  ;D

kupcake

thanks buzz so much to take time to do this. you gave a strait answer and the proof. I print it out to show any one who wants to tell me to vote salerno and no way they can tell me its not a discusting thing to do. I hear that robin is a very nice person and its a shame. and mr bus66 I am legal in this country and read and write good enogh to become a citizen so thank you not to think me to be to stupid to read good english and please dont mook me. I speak 3 languages how many do you.

bus66

ah gee, kupcake, didn't intentionally diss you or get your frosting all upset.  Just thought it would have been a little kinder if Buzz' response was clearer since you made such a point of being confused. I wonder how many languages he speaks, did you check that out or was your unfamiliarity with the present union situation also too confusing?  Welcome to the USA where I'm also given the opportunity to voice my thoughts especially on this website.  I notice that your post was also a first time post but that bombshell was overlooked.  I must have struck a nerve of the author.

bus66

Quote from: Buzz on May 20, 2011, 12:31:49 AM
Thank you, Just_Right and mirrorcheck. Not hard to figure out bus66's agenda. It's obvious he's a Salerno supporter or candidate who doesn't like that their dastardly deed was exposed here. He did however describe my post as having "such eloquence" ... I'll thank him for the compliment when I have the chance.  ;D

I hate to disagree with you Buzz, however, I have no agenda. I'm not a supporter of a Sal appointed Salerno nor do I support the unqualified Members for Change slate.  Better the devil you know than the one you don't!.  Does this count as my second post?  BTW were the contents of the dastardly deed factual?  Have you found time to check that out?  Sorry you don't make a dime controlling this site, but I appreciate you allowing me to put in my two cents worth.

Buzz

Quote from: bus66 on May 20, 2011, 04:59:42 PMI hate to disagree with you Buzz, however, I have no agenda. I'm not a supporter of a Sal appointed Salerno nor do I support the unqualified Members for Change slate.  Better the devil you know than the one you don't!. 
Well, then your only agenda was to try to discredit me for whatever reason. And actually, Spike had Sal appoint Salerno, but OK.

Quote from: bus66 on May 20, 2011, 04:59:42 PMDoes this count as my second post? 
No, your third. If you can't count, it says so right next to your name.

Quote from: bus66 on May 20, 2011, 04:59:42 PMBTW were the contents of the dastardly deed factual? 
Are you asking me if what Paul wrote in his letter is true? I have no idea, but that is not the point. The point is, Tommy denied that any such letter was sent ... and you did see the letter, yes?

Quote from: bus66 on May 20, 2011, 04:59:42 PMSorry you don't make a dime controlling this site, but I appreciate you allowing me to put in my two cents worth.
I would appreciate it if you would act like it!

bus66

Quote from: Buzz on May 20, 2011, 05:24:39 PM
Quote from: bus66 on May 20, 2011, 04:59:42 PMI hate to disagree with you Buzz, however, I have no agenda. I'm not a supporter of a Sal appointed Salerno nor do I support the unqualified Members for Change slate.  Better the devil you know than the one you don't!. 
Well, then your only agenda was to try to discredit me for whatever reason. And actually, Spike had Sal appoint Salerno, but OK.

Kinda thin skinned are ya?

Quote from: bus66 on May 20, 2011, 04:59:42 PMDoes this count as my second post? 
No, your third. If you can't count, it says so right next to your name.

Quote from: bus66 on May 20, 2011, 04:59:42 PMBTW were the contents of the dastardly deed factual? 
Are you asking me if what Paul wrote in his letter is true? I have no idea, but that is not the point. The point is, Tommy denied that any such letter was sent ... and you did see the letter, yes?

Quote from: bus66 on May 20, 2011, 04:59:42 PMSorry you don't make a dime controlling this site, but I appreciate you allowing me to put in my two cents worth.

bus66

[/quote]

:bow: Will this do??

Buzz

Quote from: bus66 on May 21, 2011, 02:05:10 AM:bow: Will this do??

LOL ... Now that's more like it!  ;D

You're OK, bus66. A bit of a wise-ass, but you're OK.

Have a nice weekend.