So much for digital fingerprints

Started by Buzz, December 01, 2018, 01:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

One of our drivers, (I won't mention any names but we'll call him "Frank"), insisted I write something about the fiasco that was today.

Initially, names were called off the sign-in sheet we put our names on as we arrived. But that was just to get on line 1 (I was number 99 on the list, 1 1/2 hour wait. I appropriated a parked van for myself and some other drivers to warm up in.). Then we went to the next person, line 2 (no real wait). Then we had to go outside, in the cold, and wait on a long line (line 3) for the prints to actually be taken.

For a number of us, the digital prints didn't register satisfactorily, so ... screw the digital prints ... they rolled us in ink! (Line 4 ... short.)

There were 3 people doing digital prints, one doing ink, 4 doing paperwork, some apparently switching positions from time to time. The guy I had doing ink had handwriting that was barely legible. I hope they can tell it was me from my SS number. He was copying another driver's name off a form and still managed to spell it wrong.

I was there almost 3 1/2 hours (got there before 8:30 ... they didn't start until after 9). I'm guessing the remaining 125 guys on the second day will have an easier time of it.

I hope "Frank" is happy with this summary of the day. (Any resemblance to persons, fictional or real, living or dead, is purely coincidental.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Golfnut