CLC

Started by bus66, May 22, 2011, 12:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bus66

Hey Buzz, just received my ballot - have a couple of questions -why the heck is Central Labor Councils added to our AFL/CIO affiliation? what the heck is it?  why do we need it?  when did this happen?  I found out it's associated with the NEA, are we becoming part of the big deal National Education Association? :bow:

Buzz

As I understand it, CLCs are local "arms" of, and chartered by, the AFL-CIO. They are more involved with geographically local unions and issues, rather than state or national matters. NEA is only one of thousands of unions of all kinds affiliated with CLCs. The NYC-CLC alone is involved with 400 unions. No need for alarm ... http://www.nycclc.org/index.cfm

The most important thing about your ballot though is that you put an "X" where it says "Cordiello Slate."  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Really have to laugh at the "Get Involved" slate on the ballot. What ... none of them wanted to be president? Oh yeah, I want this crew on my executive board!  ;D

Un-fricken-believable!

bus66

my laptop is causing me problems but I'm still :perplexed: don't know the necessity for it.  Thanks for your reply gotta go this problem is driving me  :crazy:

Buzz

Hope it's not the virus I sent you!  ;D

bus66

you would to that?  :o  :cry2: you said i was OK :-*

Buzz

Nah ... just kidding.

Apparently you got it working again.  :thumbsup: