Daily News and Post Agains Us!

Started by Buzz, April 24, 2020, 08:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

A member sent me this pic of a Daily News article. The last paragraph says the DOE still has to vote on whether to pay contractors for March and April. WTF?? To me, this says Neil has been paying out of his pocket and hoping the city honors their end.

Another member sent me this article from today's scumbag Post:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/23/despite-coronavirus-new-yorks-leaders-cant-resist-school-payola/
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag

I guess its unemployment if the city refuses to pay bus companies.

yabba

we need to get paid for our benefits and our accural check 6-15-2020

WigWag16

Maybe they should go after DeBlasio and his wife for the 1.8 billion they stole from the city first if they want to talk about "wasted" money

Buzz

Here's a Daily News article from yesterday. I like one sentence ....

"Jason Conwall, a spokesman for Gov. Cuomo, said "school districts should be consistent with the terms of their pupil transportation contracts."

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-school-bus-budget-cuts-20200423-7esosj6eu5fqnannu4zewahnmm-story.html?fbclid=IwAR3ktrOmFiU3xlwN5vKdGXGWhAsunXaHjD4GHpJH7Yzvf9B5XFCscXIQxeE

Eucerin

What is the position of Pioneer in regards to this situation. Does anyone know if the owner has applied for the  Coronavirus Stimulus Package for Small Business Owner? Seems as if the Federal Government would be protecting small business's from going bust in this situation... if the city renege's on its contract with the owner.

PROUD MEMBER

Even though I BELIEVE Neil technically has two businesses (Pioneer Transportation for the drivers and Pioneer Charter Services for the Matrons) he also has more than one property. I don't know if that makes a difference and even if it does I'd ASSUME the matrons would come under a Small Business but as far as the drivers again I'd ASSUME it depends on how many drivers there are combined between the yards.

yabba

the simple and only answer is does pioneer have this clause in contract... i would think we are good to go being that he is paying us already...

LMR

So when do we know what we're doing.Do we file for unemployment this Sunday,or do we continue getting the 85% check next Friday?

yabba

no UE...as of now we continue getting paid.... i think its just the 2 rag paper and this Stringer guy cause BS...  We will prevail the city is smart enough to realize they need us back in full force comes sept....so its not throwing money away like the rag papers are making it look like..

Buzz

Quote from: LMR on April 25, 2020, 07:10:28 PM
So when do we know what we're doing.Do we file for unemployment this Sunday,or do we continue getting the 85% check next Friday?

We've been told several times that unless we hear differently things stay the same.

LMR

Got it. I just didn't want to assume otherwise. I guess we'll hear  what  this Stringer has to say on Wednesday going forward. Thanks

wheresmymoney!

Post article today looks like were out!! Buzz please read abd letvus know whats going on?? Bo health insurance as of tonorrow? Is tgis just til September or are we all in danger of beubg terminated??

WigWag16

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on April 30, 2020, 03:27:48 PM
Post article today looks like were out!! Buzz please read abd letvus know whats going on?? Bo health insurance as of tonorrow? Is tgis just til September or are we all in danger of beubg terminated??

Looks like we are all "laid off" until we go back and just have to be certified again once we return according to the article saying "furloughed"