Last day of work

Started by GMC JOE, April 30, 2020, 09:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMC JOE

Will will be paid up to April 30 and will that be last day of work for unemployment ?
In God We Trust

Buzz

Quote from: GMC JOE on April 30, 2020, 09:54:25 PM
Will will be paid up to April 30 and will that be last day of work for unemployment ?

Yes.

How's it going, Joe?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

anyone know how much COBRA costs????  just wondering what would be better option.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on April 30, 2020, 10:11:14 PM
anyone know how much COBRA costs????  just wondering what would be better option.

Dude, you've posted numerous times in a number of threads about COBRA and a letter showing you're no longer covered by your employer. Everybody has the same concerns. It's not necessary to flood the message board with the same posts.

First, the letter of furlough states exactly when your coverage will end. That should suffice for your needs.

Next, you don't have to wait to hear from the union regarding COBRA. I'm sure the union won't be able to give you any more info than you can find right here >>> https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/4727

Hope this helps.

Frank.S

Question Buzz. Since we usually are covered for medical throughout the summer would it be correct to assume the same applies here. I would guess we pay and Neil pays throughout the 39 weeks we work to cover the medical for the 10 weeks we are off. It's the same for our union dues and our pension deductions. We pay higher rates during the 39 weeks so we can cover the summer.

Buzz

Quote from: Frank.S on May 01, 2020, 12:12:56 AM
Question Buzz. Since we usually are covered for medical throughout the summer would it be correct to assume the same applies here. I would guess we pay and Neil pays throughout the 39 weeks we work to cover the medical for the 10 weeks we are off. It's the same for our union dues and our pension deductions. We pay higher rates during the 39 weeks so we can cover the summer.

We cannot assume that at this point but in the same sentence I'll say let's see how this plays out. We may not have to worry about any of this and there are questions that just can't be answered now.

MR.AIRPRESSURE

Do we collect unemployment this Sunday?

WigWag16

Quote from: MR.AIRPRESSURE on May 01, 2020, 01:57:04 AM
from what's been said on here before...May 9th is when we claim. We are getting a check this week for 5 days and next week for 4 days

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on May 01, 2020, 01:59:42 AM
Quote from: MR.AIRPRESSURE on May 01, 2020, 01:57:04 AM
from what's been said on here before...May 9th is when we claim. We are getting a check this week for 5 days and next week for 4 days

I corrected that to May 10th. The 9th is a Saturday.

yabba

I think Neil pays 12 months into medical.  So I doubt we will get coverage back in July.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on May 01, 2020, 02:52:24 AM
I think Neil pays 12 months into medical.  So I doubt we will get coverage back in July.

Huh? If that were the case why would we lose medical at all? Not following you.

yabba

Under normal times the bosses make July and August payment for medical , so we keep coverage for summer.   But that is all water under the bridge... we will have nothing till we get behind the wheel and that can be much longer then September unfortunately

Hammer2161

This is just a question as I am hopeful the the DOE changes its mind and decides to pay us. As that is what's best for us as a Union. But does anyone know what this potentially does to our accrual checks and opt out money that we would usually get around June 16th. Again please this is only a question and I would rather not get into a pissing match over it.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on May 01, 2020, 06:05:44 PM
This is just a question as I am hopeful the the DOE changes its mind and decides to pay us. As that is what's best for us as a Union. But does anyone know what this potentially does to our accrual checks and opt out money that we would usually get around June 16th. Again please this is only a question and I would rather not get into a pissing match over it.

Nothing wrong with the questions but there really aren't any definite answers yet. Sorry.

(I am guessing that either or both might be pro-rated, but I don't know.)

Hammer2161

Ok and thank you Buzz. I guess we will have to wait and see. Going to be a very long couple of weeks unfortunately. Uncertainty SUCKS