Unemployment

Started by rc1790, September 11, 2020, 04:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc1790

The website says the 300 will start the week of 9/14. Hopefully we will still get the previous weeks. We won't be claiming the week of 9/14.

WigWag16

Quote from: rc1790 on September 11, 2020, 04:18:36 AM
The website says the 300 will start the week of 9/14. Hopefully we will still get the previous weeks. We won't be claiming the week of 9/14.

We are entitled to it because it's retro pay from all the Sunday's in August

rc1790

They are sending out emails tomorrow informing you if you are entitled to the benefit.

Hammer2161

From what I have read you will only be getting an email if they need additional information. If you have already stated that you were unemployed due to covid the payment will be automatic.

Buzz

No ... just got an email telling me I was pre-qualified. And this ...

"At the present time, the Federal government has only made funding available for the benefit weeks ending August 2nd, 9th, and 16th. Eligible New Yorkers will receive $300 for each of those weeks that they were unemployed. If the federal government makes funding available for additional weeks, we will notify you."

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

got an email saying no further info needed ,payment coming next week... for 8-2,9,16th   ,further payment must be approved from feds

WigWag16

Quote from: yabba on September 11, 2020, 03:49:27 PM
got an email saying no further info needed ,payment coming next week... for 8-2,9,16th   ,further payment must be approved from feds

Same

rc1790

Did not receive any email. Called automated number 833-491-0632 to certify. Then received email to DocuSign.

WigWag

Just got this e-mail from NYS DOL

Dear New Yorker:

As you may be aware, New York State has been approved for the Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) program, which will provide $300 in additional weekly unemployment benefits to New Yorkers. Payments will begin next week.

Under federal guidelines, benefits are only available to individuals who are unemployed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Based on information you have previously provided to the DOL, you are pre-qualified for the LWA program. You do not need to take any additional action to receive these funds.

At the present time, the Federal government has only made funding available for the benefit weeks ending August 2nd, 9th, and 16th. Eligible New Yorkers will receive $300 for each of those weeks that they were unemployed. If the federal government makes funding available for additional weeks, we will notify you.

Once again, you are pre-qualified for the LWA program and do not need to take any additional action at this time. To allow your fellow New Yorkers to reach a representative for regular UI or PUA matters, please do not call the DOL to inquire about the LWA program at this time.

Thank you.

OMG

I got the email, had to click on the link, click yes I was Unemployed due to Covid, then sign my name. That's pretty much it. Hope it works out I can use the extra 900

Buzz

WigWag - Merged your post with one that had already been started on the very same topic.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

I think we'll see the backpay from unemployment this week?

wheresmymoney!

Anyone see the extra money today in their payment history? I saw on twitter its saying its separate and we should get on the 18th.  Not sure if anyone saw theirs yet.

WigWag16

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on September 14, 2020, 12:51:06 PM
Anyone see the extra money today in their payment history? I saw on twitter its saying its separate and we should get on the 18th.  Not sure if anyone saw theirs yet.

Nope, just my usual UI was released

PROUD MEMBER

Finally some definitive good news. I checked my unemployment claim this morning and it showed the $900 LWA is being released today!