Just don’t understand !

Started by LMAO, December 07, 2020, 03:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMAO

So just to put it out to the drivers that didn't work . Myself and I was told about 30 other drivers wanted to pass on working this week  ( our schools are closed ) And give the runs to who wants and needs to work during this time   ! The powers that be said it would go down as refusing work ( aka No unemployment ) how can you deny people who really need to work the opportunity to do so when someone else is willing to forgo the full weeks pay makes no sense !!! Sorry guys some of us did try  :crazy:

Hammer2161

The bigger question is why they failed to use the volunteer list that was established the week before. It was my understanding along with plenty of other people that that list would be in effect until everyone returned to work.

THE PROBLEM IN THIS PLACE IS THE LEFT HAND HAS NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT THE RIGHT HAND IS DOING. IT TRULY IS A DISGRACE.

Buzz

I don't understand it either, guys, and it goes against everything I was told for the past week, up to and including Saturday night.

They compiled a list before the Thanksgiving break of people who wanted to work. I don't know how many names were on that list but if it was not enough to cover the work for this week they were supposed to go to the bottom of the seniority list.

That's the way it's always been ... summer work ... when we had after-school programs ...  whatever ... if there are not enough drivers to cover work it's supposed to be forced from the bottom up.

Don't understand why it should be any different now. I can only assume that they've been working under such pressure, craziness and time restraints that they just wanted to make sure all the work was covered, so I'm not criticizing anybody involved with making these decisions.

Very stressful and trying times for everybody.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

listen the way the waiting room was pack this morning was a total super spreader.. 

TheKid24

Quote from: LMAO on December 07, 2020, 03:08:05 PM
So just to put it out to the drivers that didn't work . Myself and I was told about 30 other drivers wanted to pass on working this week  ( are schools are closed ) And give the runs to who wants and needs to work during this time   ! The powers that be said it would go down as refusing work ( aka No unemployment ) how can you deny people who really need to work the opportunity to do so when someone else is willing to forgo the full weeks pay makes no sense !!! Sorry guys some of us did try  :crazy:

Faaaaaawkin joke that's why, this are doing more harm than good.....When I was in front of Andy two weeks ago he said if a driver gets a run he doesn't want to do they get furloughed and refusing work
And it goes to the next guy. How do you punish people that want to come in and work....mind boggling. I'm sorry but this company is making shit up as they go. This list is doing more harm than good.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 07, 2020, 03:29:42 PM
I don't understand it either, guys, and it goes against everything I was told for the past week, up to and including Saturday night.

They compiled a list before the Thanksgiving break of people who wanted to work. I don't know how many names were on that list but if it was not enough to cover the work for this week they were supposed to go to the bottom of the seniority list.

That's the way it's always been ... summer work ... when we had after-school programs ...  whatever ... if there are not enough drivers to cover work it's supposed to be forced from the bottom up.

Don't understand why it should be any different now. I can only assume that they've been working under such pressure, craziness and time restraints that they just wanted to make sure all the work was covered, so I'm not criticizing anybody involved with making these decisions.

Very stressful and trying times for everybody.

So wait Buzz, if there weren't enough names on the list they would then go to the very last guy and work there way up from there? How does that make sense because if we are going by seniority I should get asked to come back before the last guy and the guys above him. If I'm
Understanding you correctly. Because how would it then be fore for number 378 to go before 324 then?

TheKid24

So honestly wtf is going on? It sounds to me we were told one thing about a list and now they are making stuff up as they are going along? I'm so confused. are they going by seniority or not?
it sounds like they didn't go by the established list that was made before Thanksgiving. How can you pick and choose who gets to work or better yet punish people who want to work. And how does seniority work because to me it's top to bottom. You don't start the list top to bottom then when there's not enough for the list that signed you you continue to go down the list you don't go bottom up. This is too much 🤣

yabba

orange zone school opening wenesday   great news  we all be back to work wenesday.... mayor just said 

TheKid24

Quote from: yabba on December 07, 2020, 04:19:51 PM
orange zone school opening wenesday   great news  we all be back to work wenesday.... mayor just said

We shall see...I dunno the way things have been going on they will
Be asking retired drivers to come back to work before junior drivers 🤣🤣🤣

TheKid24

If that don't include JHS how will everyone be back to work.....

yabba

i dont think we have many all junior high runs... do you have some guys behind you on the list...

TheKid24

Quote from: yabba on December 07, 2020, 04:37:24 PM
i dont think we have many all junior high runs... do you have some guys behind you on the list...

Yeah I'm in the 320s I got I think 50-70 after me, if not more

sbdriver1

this Wednesday or next Wednesday the 16th

yabba

yabba

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 07, 2020, 04:43:47 PM
Quote from: yabba on December 07, 2020, 04:37:24 PM

Yeah I'm in the 320s I got I think 50-70 after me, if not more

I think you will be fine.  I hope so.