$20 Mil Assets Increase in Welfare Fund

Started by Buzz, January 11, 2022, 04:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

So according to the "Summary Annual Report" we were recently mailed, assets in the NY Welfare Fund increased $20 million during 2020.

How? Where did that money come from? And if that's the case, maybe they could afford to give us better coverage than the Empire POS plan we have now ... because it really is a "P.O.S."

Just sayin' ...
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

sbdriver1

Or maybe a prescription plan for early retirees.

Buzz

QuoteOr maybe a prescription plan for early retirees.

How about for ANY retirees?

sbdriver1

Buzz

Retirees used to get prescriptions up to $1000 a year. Then Obamacare came along and said you can't have a cap on such benefits. So, the fund discontinued the prescription benefit.

Thanks, Obama.  :devil:

OMG

There are people in certain positions in this union who are way over their head and don't know what they're doing in both the welfare fund and pension fund. Just like Brandon and Eric, I still can't believe he's my mayor! Our pension payments should be way more than they are now, especially since we double hour installments for 20 years and haven't had an increase since then.

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on February 14, 2022, 07:28:48 PMThere are people in certain positions in this union who are way over their head and don't know what they're doing in both the welfare fund and pension fund. Just like Brandon and Eric, I still can't believe he's my mayor! Our pension payments should be way more than they are now, especially since we double hour installments for 20 years and haven't had an increase since then.

I agree, but this is the welfare fund. Pension fund is separate.