Parking Lots September

Started by Gary 209, August 29, 2022, 12:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faceit

I don't understand with so many business's on AK rd how do they eliminate parking spots? And what's going to happen when they film a movie again this city just doesn't want to make it easy to work here...
All lives matter

Gary 209

Yes, It's true we lost lot # 1 the big lot on Johnson Street! I found out yesterday morning from the beauty parlor on the corner. I called the owner, and he confirmed it. He said the property is for sale and is in negotiations with the owner (of the stores) on the corner. The store owner took over our lot for his employees and customers of the stores.

Tommy Pezz and I rode around over 3 hours yesterday searching for another location. We spoke with 3 other property owners and wasn't able to secure a lot. There is one other business that was closed yesterday which I will try to meet today if they are open. I will kept everybody informed by Monday how I make out, I will post it and call all members of the lot.

If I am unable t secure a lot by Monday, I will return all rents to those that have paid and lost their  parking spots, by Thursday. I am trying my best to find a location that's reasonable.

As it is said "Business is Business" and the owner will do what's good for him.

I will keep everyone informed!

Thank You!

Gary

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I recall years ago (specifically about Pioneer) that it was said that an employer with over a certain number of employees was to provide parking and the way Pioneer got out of it was that Pioneer stated that it's employees all had different start times and end times. It was presented that all 400 employees don't all come in and go home at the same time and that's why Neil doesn't have to provide parking.
Wether this is true or just a BS rumor that someone started I don't know but I do remember someone saying it.
I would think that Eddie and/or Ernie would know if it's true.

Kid24

Gonna be a lot of drivers starting their runs late with this parking issue ....

Gary 209

Bad News;

Our Last hope for a location fell through! I got a text that they DO NOT want to rent the property.

Everybody that already Paid can call me for a full refund. I should be home all day Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning, if you want to come by and pick it up. Otherwise call me when your available next week and we can make other arrangements.

I like to Thank every parking member for the years we have been together. Unfortunately, I cannot fit everyone in a location at this time. Sorry I gave it my best shot. If any location becomes available, you will be the first calls I make for it!

I also want to Thank Grace and Tommy Pezz with their help on this. I also want to thank Buzz for letting me (us) use his site!

PS: Curves is completely Full at this moment. If there are any changes when school starts, I will notify the drivers.

Thank You

Gary

Kid24

Kid24

Sooooo pioneer isn't going to try and accommodate us? This is ridiculous

LMAO

Here a thought ! ( yes buzz I have some ) parking is going to be difficult to say the least so instead shaking down drivers for shuttle money everyday take two trip runs and make them shuttle runs for AM 5:00-630 & PM 3:00-4:30 ( something like that ) pick up in various locations around the yard and get drivers safely to work , this is something our new delegation need to address !

And to everyone who thinking "I'll Park in Loews " 🤔 you know someone going to mess that right up ! So people need to shut their mouths ,smile and politely accommodate any challenge from the people from Loews ( it's their property ) and don't park in front of the store they have said that in the past . Good luck 🍀

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 03, 2022, 08:46:56 PMI recall years ago (specifically about Pioneer) that it was said that an employer with over a certain number of employees was to provide parking and the way Pioneer got out of it was that Pioneer stated that it's employees all had different start times and end times. It was presented that all 400 employees don't all come in and go home at the same time and that's why Neil doesn't have to provide parking.
Wether this is true or just a BS rumor that someone started I don't know but I do remember someone saying it.
I would think that Eddie and/or Ernie would know if it's true.

I've researched it before because I've heard it before. No such law ... unfortunately. Never made sense to me, though. Thousands of people in a company building in Manhattan ... where would the employer have them park?

Buzz

QuoteHere a thought ! ( yes buzz I have some ) parking is going to be difficult to say the least so instead shaking down drivers for shuttle money everyday take two trip runs and make them shuttle runs for AM 5:00-630 & PM 3:00-4:30 ( something like that ) pick up in various locations around the yard and get drivers safely to work , this is something our new delegation need to address ! 

So you're saying, instead of doing trips they will do an a.m or p.m. shuttle? It's thinking out of the box ... I'll give you that!

Kid24

Regardless buzz there is no place these extra cars to park from lol...

This needs to be addressed to Owen who can use his "community board pull" or to someone else. This is going to make a lot of drivers late for their runs

LMAO

They have a matron shuttle that is assigned to someone everyday .... Correct ?

Buzz

QuoteThey have a matron shuttle that is assigned to someone everyday .... Correct ?

Correct. It's a little different. It's during his work hours and doesn't replace trips.

I like your idea, I really do, but I don't think any employer makes it their problem as to how their employees get to work. Just sayin'.

(Do you really think Pioneer cares if you park a mile away and take the 74 bus that stops right across the street? Be nice if that were the case, but I mean realistically.)

Kid24

My last resort will be to park in the back of
Lowes take the long ass walk and keep my mouth shut.

I still don't get how all these do not stand signs all over Arthur kill rd make sense