Parking Lots September

Started by Gary 209, August 29, 2022, 12:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

QuoteThe easiest solution to this is just become one of the Mechanics

BINGO! Another instance of how they're regarded vs. drivers.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

QuoteHey it was pointed out to me today that NEW No Parking Signs  went up on Arthur Kill Rd near the yard and indeed new and expended No parking Signs are up near the yard taking a large portion of parking spot that drivers use to park

Exactly WHERE are these NEW No Parking signs on Arthur Kill Rd?

faceit

I looked today I didn't notice many spots taken away
All lives matter

LMAO

Come on guys the no parking and no standing areas  have  been extended along with the entire curve near the skating rink ! Maybe you haven't noticed with your cushy parking spot across the street !
......Oh wait let me clarify it's Arthur kill after the yard going towards the skating rink I was talking about ! But either way if you park on the street you will see the shortage when everyone comes back .

Kid24

Quote from: faceit on September 06, 2022, 09:26:19 PMI looked today I didn't notice many spots taken away

Depends what time you got there. Dry run days are a lot different than regular days when looking for parking

Kid24

Parking just got worse on Johnson st. The owner of the land put up a no standing sign on the right side when you Coke down Johnson so nobody parked on that side

Buzz

What does "Coke down Johnson" mean?

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on September 13, 2022, 02:51:55 PMWhat does "Coke down Johnson" mean?

Lmaoo when you go down Johnson st

Kid24

Parking just got worse on Johnson st. The owner of the land put up a no standing sign on the right side when you GO DOWN Johnson so nobody parked on that side. I thought it has to be officially put by DOT, wtf did he order a green pole, red sign and put it up yesterday

Buzz

Quote from: Kid24 on September 13, 2022, 03:15:18 PMParking just got worse on Johnson st. The owner of the land put up a no standing sign on the right side when you GO DOWN Johnson so nobody parked on that side. I thought it has to be officially put by DOT, wtf did he order a green pole, red sign and put it up yesterday

If the owner put them up ... if they're not NYDOT signs ... they don't mean anything.

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on September 13, 2022, 04:25:59 PM
Quote from: Kid24 on September 13, 2022, 03:15:18 PMParking just got worse on Johnson st. The owner of the land put up a no standing sign on the right side when you GO DOWN Johnson so nobody parked on that side. I thought it has to be officially put by DOT, wtf did he order a green pole, red sign and put it up yesterday

If the owner put them up ... if they're not NYDOT signs ... they don't mean anything.

Not to ask a dumb question but how do you tell the difference if it's DOT or the owner? It's a green pole with a red do not standing sign. Another driver this morning said it looked like the owner put it up

PROUD MEMBER

Years ago any DOT sign such as a stop sign, no parking, etc. use to have the words
"Department of Transportation" printed on the bottom of the sign. I don't know if that are you still in affect.

Kid24

Unless he got permission from the DOT to do so but how would we know ya know? It's straight up bullshit to take a whole side of the street

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 13, 2022, 07:17:31 PMYears ago any DOT sign such as a stop sign, no parking, etc. use to have the words
"Department of Transportation" printed on the bottom of the sign. I don't know if that are you still in affect.

It is still the case ... https://portal.311.nyc.gov/article/?kanumber=KA-01026

Buzz

Quote from: Kid24 on September 13, 2022, 07:35:34 PMUnless he got permission from the DOT to do so but how would we know ya know? It's straight up bullshit to take a whole side of the street
Report it to 311 or DOT directly.