NYCBUS Pays for Personal Cell Phone Use

Started by Buzz, September 09, 2022, 02:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Learning from a leader at the parent group, PIST, that NYCBUS ... the city-run bus company that took over Reliant ... pays $35 a month for drivers' and matrons' use of personal cell phones for company business. (That group usually knows what they're talking about!)

Hmm ... sounds like something that needs to be addressed next contract.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

ALOT needs to be addressed AND duplicated . Everyone should fall under 40 week guarantee 6 years to top pay. In fact IF that doesn't happen it's an Epic Fail cause the door is wide open.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Kid24

Quote from: mirrorcheck on September 10, 2022, 11:34:13 PMALOT needs to be addressed AND duplicated . Everyone should fall under 40 week guarantee 6 years to top pay. In fact IF that doesn't happen it's an Epic Fail cause the door is wide open.

Preach fucking preach. I've been saying it for the last two years and I was in a situation last year where i didn't get paid for Xmas day, New Year's Day because it fell on a Saturday and I ended up getting myself and 80 other drivers paid after arbitration and to quote andy he said "this is the problem everyone needs to be under the same contract" which is what I've been saying as well. We are in a company where the owner Legit is pitting his drivers against each other. The drivers have the momentum next contract to demand and get top pay cut in half, guaranteed weeks, and holidays. Enough of this two years to get that, 4 years to get this crap. Time for all of us to get under the same umbrella or as I say time for us new contract people to sit at the adult table and not the kiddie table. Someone said well he cut the medical in half....he's still got a long ways to go

Sorry for the rant 🤣

PROUD MEMBER

Before we start with everyone under the same contract (new & old contract), how about we start with ALL 1181 properties being under one contract???
For many reasons but one of the main reasons is for unity & bargaining power!
It's unbelievable that some brothers & sisters that work for a company that are 1181 could possibly go on Strike for cause and that other members that work for a different 1181 company can not honor the strike! And if they do, could face immediate legal termination!
More power in numbers! Besides it's just unheard of that different properties have different contracts!

Buzz

Well, I can agree with you to a point. When you say "ALL" 1181 companies I would qualify that by saying all 1181 companies doing DOE work.

Can't expect wages and benefits on Long Island and upstate to be the same as here ... IMHO.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on September 09, 2022, 02:29:01 AMLearning from a leader at the parent group, PIST, that NYCBUS ... the city-run bus company that took over Reliant ... pays $35 a month for drivers' and matrons' use of personal cell phones for company business. (That group usually knows what they're talking about!)

Hmm ... sounds like something that needs to be addressed next contract.

And yes this is true. I talk to a NYCBUS worker every day by text and was told this about a few months ago.

Going into these contract negotiations us as drivers have the leverage.

Slowbus

Quote from: mirrorcheck on September 10, 2022, 11:34:13 PMALOT needs to be addressed AND duplicated . Everyone should fall under 40 week guarantee 6 years to top pay. In fact IF that doesn't happen it's an Epic Fail cause the door is wide open.
🙏

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on September 11, 2022, 02:40:07 AM

Preach fucking preach. I've been saying it for the last two years and I was in a situation last year where i didn't get paid for Xmas day, New Year's Day because it fell on a Saturday and I ended up getting myself and 80 other drivers paid after arbitration and to quote andy he said "this is the problem everyone needs to be under the same contract" which is what I've been saying as well. We are in a company where the owner Legit is pitting his drivers against each other. The drivers have the momentum next contract to demand and get top pay cut in half, guaranteed weeks, and holidays. Enough of this two years to get that, 4 years to get this crap. Time for all of us to get under the same umbrella or as I say time for us new contract people to sit at the adult table and not the kiddie table. Someone said well he cut the medical in half....he's still got a long ways to go

Sorry for the rant 🤣
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: