Fill Out A Contract Proposal Form!!!

Started by Buzz, October 21, 2022, 04:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Our contract ends this school year and negotiations will be starting soon enough. Make sure you obtain and fill out a Proposal Form and list your priorities for negotiations ... especially if you were hired from 2013 on!! This is your chance to be heard!! (Got that, Kid24?)

Forms available in the Shop Steward Office!

Below is a sample form ... list what is most important to YOU in order of importance! The issues that get the most mentions and are prioritized most frequently will be the issues emphasized in negotiations.

image(2).jpg
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

And EVERYBODY who does a non-public school should write, "Full day's pay for working on public school holidays." (Especially if you do a.m. and p.m.!!)

One of the many things we lost after the strike.

Please comment below what you will put on the list so others will remember to do the same. The more who mention it, the better!

mirrorcheck

Great post Buzz. We have a lot of qualifications and tasks to maintain and keep our license and good standing with our certification. It's time we get recognized and compensated for such. We all can't have inflation adjustments like some , but we are  enduring cost of living inflation so this is very important. Hope everyone fills theirs out I already did mine .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Kid24

Loud and clear buzz thank you.
I agree with what you guys got
Down but I think top pay should
But cut down from 12 years to 6 or 7 as well

Buzz

QuoteLoud and clear buzz thank you.
I agree with what you guys got
Down but I think top pay should
But cut down from 12 years to 6 or 7 as well
So write that down!

For those hired from 2013 on, how about all holidays paid from day 1, guaranteed weeks for all, same accrual for all, and whatever else you guys don't get? (You would know better than me.)

Kid24

Kid24

Here's what I wrote down.
40 weeks guaranteed for all
Top pay 6 years from 12
All holidays for all
Wage increase to match cost of living
5 sick days not from accrual for all
8 hour charter pay for all
Retire with prescription and dental

Union office also showed me what I
Should write down which is everything I've been saying for 3 years lol.

Buzz

Somebody was supposed to send me a CLEAN copy of the form for you to print out at home if you wanted. That person DIDN'T so I cleaned up the above form the best I could.

Print it out, fill it in ... all forms must be in to the Shop Steward's Office by TUESDAY MORNING.

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on October 21, 2022, 08:43:58 PMHere's what I wrote down.
Top pay 6 years from 12
All holidays for all

:yippee:  :yippee:  :yippee:

Slowbus

8 hours charter probably too much but a least something base in driving time like 2 in Island 4 hours off Island etc also no everybody is on the same boat some has never done a single trip while others get hammered which brings me to the next point what's the criteria or who decide what's a trip run and what's not .

Slowbus

Also transparency with the runs if a run originally has 3 schools don't post it with 2 and then add another ,post it with 3 from the beginning don't change it up just because the company is short on drivers . And if another school must be added to the run driver should be compensated accordingly .

Buzz

Quote... some has never done a single trip while others get hammered ...
You're mistaken. There is NOT a single person here who has never done a single trip. It's just that some of us did them many years ago before many of you were even here ... and then went on to do 4 or 5 schools in the afternoon. For 3 years I did a run that had Petrides ... which was a 4 o'clock out at the time ... as my 5th school of the afternoon. I make no apologies for not doing trips now. We all paid our dues.

Quote...  what's the criteria or who decide what's a trip run and what's not .
Decided by collaboration of the company and shop steward. There is a much greater percentage of runs doing trips now than when I came up. Used to be about 1/4 of the runs, now it's nearly half. Many drivers did 4 and 5 trips a week, every week, years ago.

QuoteAlso transparency with the runs if a run originally has 3 schools don't post it with 2 and then add another ,post it with 3 from the beginning don't change it up just because the company is short on drivers . And if another school must be added to the run driver should be compensated accordingly .
If a run has 3 schools it gets posted with 3 schools. A run doesn't get changed just to look good for the pick, if that's what you're saying. It makes no sense. Somebody is going to have to pick it no matter how many schools. The company doesn't have to make it look good. Plus the company cannot change runs, only OPT can. OPT could give a shit less how many schools are on a run. (Nor do they give a shit about seniority.)

Schools aren't added to runs because they're short drivers. This would reduce the number of runs the company gets paid for ... you know that's not happening. If the company did that they wouldn't be paying out tens of thousands of dollars for run coverage every week.

Schools are added to runs usually because the run they came from was  unworkable time-wise. Sometimes just the addition of a single stop in Timbuktu can make a run a problem run necessitating change ... meaning taking a school off one run and putting it on another.

Look, I sympathize with newer drivers ... hired from 2013 on ... as far as not getting equal everything, the same as more senior drivers. It's not fair, we all do the same work and should all be compensated similarly. I really hope this changes next contract.

However, I will not coddle anyone griping about the number of trips. Those of us here 20,  25, 30 years or more did MUCH more work than any driver does now.

Buzz

QuoteHere's what I wrote down.
Top pay 6 years from 12
All holidays for all

Left out "Family medical coverage in 3 months, not 3 years."

Buzz

Bottom line:

SAME

CONTRACT

FOR

ALL

DRIVERS!!

Regardless of date of hire!

Buzz

@Slowbus - Here's an example of how a school can get added to a run: The Petrides run I  did at 4 p.m. was originally an hour and a half long! Didn't get in until after 5:30. When I started putting in for overtime they cut the run in half and added half to somebody else's run. So, in other words, somebody got a school added to their run to save the company overtime. But as the signs say, "All Runs Subject to Change."