Yard Inspection Wednesday - Even Run Numbers

Started by Buzz, October 29, 2022, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Although we're told repeatedly to come back after the morning run there are always those few who insist on getting inspected before they go out in the a.m. Don't complain about getting the violation. The union can't defend you. You bought it! COME BACK TO GET INSPECTED AFTER THE MORNING RUN!!

Make sure you count your bandaids!   :wink_cheesy:  :wink_cheesy:  :wink_cheesy:  :wink_cheesy:

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Slowbus

union does noooothing last year got a violation for not getting inspected supposedly there was an inspection on April 28 which was never announced anywhere got called to the office in June to tell me I had to pay the violation I ended up paying 230 just because

Buzz

Quoteunion does noooothing last year got a violation for not getting inspected supposedly there was an inspection on April 28 which was never announced anywhere got called to the office in June to tell me I had to pay the violation I ended up paying 230 just because

Not much the union could do if you didn't show up for an inspection. What yard do you come out of? It's always posted and announced on the radio. Could be your bus was off at the time. Not sure if they put a notice up in Sharrotts if you're in that yard.

Slowbus

came out of ak it was never posted or announced over the radio if I knew I would've gotten inspected I always keep my bus ready

Buzz

Here's the thing: If it wasn't posted or announced, wouldn't EVERYBODY who was supposed to get inspected have gotten a violation also? If everybody didn't, how did they know?

Slowbus

It happened to a couple of drivers but they were happy to pay I was the only one that wasn't

Buzz

I don't know why anyone would be "happy" ... LOL

Buzz

By the way, you all should have probably taken the equivalent suspension instead of paying the fine.

PROUD MEMBER

Listing to the radio this morning between 5:30 & 6:00 it's obvious that some drivers just don't get it when it comes to yard inspections. My opinion is the only people that should get inspected before they go out in the morning are the ones with off island trips.

Kid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 02, 2022, 12:55:24 PMListing to the radio this morning between 5:30 & 6:00 it's obvious that some drivers just don't get it when it comes to yard inspections. My opinion is the only people that should get inspected before they go out in the morning are the ones with off island trips.

Especially when they even announced it on the radio yesterday to go after the AM run.....

Btw I alway feel like when I get inspected I'm in a spare bus lol

Buzz

QuoteListing to the radio this morning between 5:30 & 6:00 it's obvious that some drivers just don't get it when it comes to yard inspections. My opinion is the only people that should get inspected before they go out in the morning are the ones with off island trips.

Then when they get hit with a violation they'll say the union didn't do anything for them.

I don't know if you can be forced to get inspected before you go out even if you have an off island trip. Come back, get inspected, be late for your trip. Tough shit.

Slowbus

Well I got inspected this morning before leaving the yard but I prepared my bus yesterday and today came in a little earlier just to warm it up because this inspection was posted and announced .unlike the time I got the violation anyways the inspector was a gentleman and only said I need it tape on some seats which I been reporting on the computer for weeks now and nooothing 

Buzz

QuoteWell I got inspected this morning before leaving the yard but I prepared my bus yesterday and today came in a little earlier just to warm it up because this inspection was posted and announced .unlike the time I got the violation anyways the inspector was a gentleman and only said I need it tape on some seats which I been reporting on the computer for weeks now and nooothing 

As long as you entered it on the defects list (computer) you're good.

Here's the thing ... and I KNOW this has happened to other drivers:

Checked all my lights before getting on line. Get inspected, left turn signal doesn't work. It was after the morning run so I didn't have to pay. If it were before the morning run, I'd have been on the hook for it. Capeesh?

By the way ... very next inspection, the exact thing happens, same light. Apparently it hadn't been repaired correctly the first time and it was an intermittent problem. Again, after the morning run, Pioneer bought it.

You can prep your bus all you want beforehand but shit still happens. Better not to be the one that has to pay. But, if you're a gambling man, go for it!

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on November 03, 2022, 12:49:59 AM
QuoteWell I got inspected this morning before leaving the yard but I prepared my bus yesterday and today came in a little earlier just to warm it up because this inspection was posted and announced .unlike the time I got the violation anyways the inspector was a gentleman and only said I need it tape on some seats which I been reporting on the computer for weeks now and nooothing 

As long as you entered it on the defects list (computer) you're good.

Here's the thing ... and I KNOW this has happened to other drivers:

Checked all my lights before getting on line. Get inspected, left turn signal doesn't work. It was after the morning run so I didn't have to pay. If it were before the morning run, I'd have been on the hook for it. Capeesh?

By the way ... very next inspection, the exact thing happens, same light. Apparently it hadn't been repaired correctly the first time and it was an intermittent problem. Again, after the morning run, Pioneer bought it.

You can prep your bus all you want beforehand but shit still happens. Better not to be the one that has to pay. But, if you're a gambling man, go for it!
10 4 buzz got it thank you for the explanation you make it make sense but nobody ever explained to me before

Buzz

Quote10 4 buzz got it thank you for the explanation you make it make sense but nobody ever explained to me before

Good ... 'cause I don't think even Mattress Mack would gamble on that.  :))  :))  :))