Bus Delays Highest in 5 years

Started by Buzz, November 22, 2022, 10:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

"But officials also acknowledged that getting drivers back on the job may be a challenge after thousands of them were furloughed in the wake of school building closures."

"They were laid off, in a worldwide pandemic, with no wages, no pension contributions, and, above all else, no health care," said Kevin Moran, the education department's chief school operations officer. "And so when we talk about the driver shortage and trying to bring people back into the system, we have a fair bit of work to do to re-establish trust."

There's something sadistically satisfying about knowing the city fucked itself worse than it fucked us.

Article:
https://ny.chalkbeat.org/2022/11/21/23472253/nyc-school-bus-delay?fbclid=IwAR2KKxKmDyYrZUyWvz26jjHZdMpAmidTB11vteznkNOhK755-4_jlQPcTBg
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Kid24

They screwed us drivers big time during the pandemic. Only way to solve this is to make this job attractive by bumping up the starting salary, cut to play in half and an overall better contract. Until then they won't get drivers to stay nor come into the business.

mirrorcheck

Buzz I follow a Group it's ALL over .

Kid24 is 100% correct. All over it's the same thing how they chopped and lean on drivers more and more . I'm hopeful something honest and earned gets done . With all these responsibilities this isn't a retiree job. In fact most bolt cause of the hurdles to get in and once in the many responsibilities  and tasks that are subject to fine .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

QuoteBuzz I follow a Group it's ALL over .

Kid24 is 100% correct. All over it's the same thing how they chopped and lean on drivers more and more . I'm hopeful something honest and earned gets done . With all these responsibilities this isn't a retiree job. In fact most bolt cause of the hurdles to get in and once in the many responsibilities  and tasks that are subject to fine .

Oh yes, not only is it all over, it's drivers of all kinds. But the school bus industry is the most over-regulated of any trade. 
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.