Livin' Large

Started by Buzz, February 17, 2023, 04:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

lounge.jpg

Missing: Weber BBQ grill, bocce ball court, pool.  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Golfnut

Very nice ! Hope the drivers can keep it clean !

PROUD MEMBER

Are they going to resume the card games

mirrorcheck

You have to have a putting green and also a spot for the catering truck to pull up
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

QuoteAre they going to resume the card games

Are there any card players left?

PROUD MEMBER

The only two off the top of my head would Gatto and Kathy's son Mike.

Buzz

QuoteVery nice ! Hope the drivers can keep it clean !

My guess is that it's only for shapes in the morning, (matrons ... and drivers if there ever are any), and will probably be locked after they leave. Not intended to be a hangout.

PROUD MEMBER

It's the new driver's room that will be used by drivers & mostly matrons that do not live on Staten Island and have no other place to go between their AM & PM runs. Many of them don't even have cars and take the ferry and MTA buses to get to work. If you recall up until about 5 years ago they use to go to the mall in between runs until they got kicked out because they were sitting & laying around the mall sleeping among other things. I'm not sure if you're aware or not but up until last week when they got this trailer they were using an old bus (#353) that's parked in the yard that the mechanics had removed the seats and put tables & chairs in it.

Buzz

Apparently bus 353 wasn't very warm, (as one of the matrons told me), so they would rather stand in the drivers room rather than sit in the bus as I've witnessed many mornings.

If it's for use by the former "Mall" drivers as you say ... well ... there goes the neighborhood ... especially if there's a microwave.   :wink_cheesy:  :wink_cheesy:  :wink_cheesy: 

faceit

It will smell like goat before you know it
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on February 18, 2023, 03:02:00 PMIt will smell like goat before you know it

LOL ... I said the same thing to somebody yesterday ... goat curry.

hognol

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on February 17, 2023, 05:18:43 PMAre they going to resume the card games

Cards no, dominos yes.

Buzz