Strike

Started by Goose623, December 23, 2012, 05:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goose623

What's going on r we striking or not? Bloomberg is killing us in the media what is r response?  If we strike we need to b all in. Good thing for us is a lot of people don't like the mayor. He says its unlawful for what we r asking. I say it was unlawful for his 3rd term.

Eucerin

and not a word from the web site.... http://atu1181.org/ why??

Kramer

Buzz, what's going on with a strike. Are we going to have jobs in Jan.? I heard Bloomy put the bid out already.

Grrr

terminator

As usual Bloomy always makes the union workers look like the bad guys!

Buzz

Quote from: Kramer on December 24, 2012, 01:31:38 PM
Buzz, what's going on with a strike. Are we going to have jobs in Jan.? I heard Bloomy put the bid out already.

No news is good news ... for now. Lots of meetings going on with city and state. As of Wednesday, we're working ... who knows after that.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Funny how the city that fights to keep out Walmart cause of being non union and the not so fair wage and benefit package goes after us ....a union over that very same thing. Maybe just maybe the street signs being changed to capitalize,Citytime scandal, Money for two brand new baseball stadiums, Trumps new Golf course(built w taxpayer funds but not many 1181 drivers will be able to play on this golf course), and on and on....is finally catching up. PS The new mayor is looking at a 4 Billion dollar budget gap. I guess the current Billionaire  mayor never really did solve the problems that people thought he could now did he? An old Colleague summed up New York City....I never thought id say the Dinkins days were better we had some security and every week wasnt a threat of a new tax or freedom being taken away.:snicker:
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Grrr

And the new year begins with:

"Companies that operate yellow buses were also preparing by posting job ads seeking replacement drivers."

yabba

straight from s.i. advance

Job Details

LEADING NEW YORK CITY School Bus companies are now hiring professional School Bus Drivers and Matrons to fill immediate openings for part time & full time Department of Education K-8 work.

Must be 21 yrs. or older with CDL Class A or B with P&S Endorsement. 19-A qualification also a Must.

All applicants must meet stringent selection criteria, which includes drug testing, background checks & an extensive interview & training process.

A competitive wage & benefits package; Unemployment compensation Part-time morning & afternoon hrs.

Please submit e mail responses with your contact information to Bus2013!@yahoo.com

4real

WHY THE FU(K  IS THE UNION SILENT THROUGH THIS WHOLE THING,LET THE PARENTS KNOW THIS MAYOR DUCHE BAG IS A LIAR PIECE OF SHIT ALREADY......

Manwithabus

I'm hearing bad things.  How bad is it?