Claiming Unemployment

Started by Buzz, January 19, 2013, 01:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

According to this DOL document you should file a claim "... when the strike starts." Guessing that would mean Sunday, though if you made more than $405 for the 2 days we worked you wouldn't be able to claim this week any way. Better safe than sorry ... claim ... all they can do is not make it count toward the 49 days.

http://www.labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/ui/P802.pdf
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

OK ... so now what do we do about unemployment? How do we let them know we're back to work ... claim this week and indicate we've returned to work? We actually haven't yet. Don't want any unpleasant surprises Easter week. Anybody?

Rock Steady

I would file tomorow stating we haven't returned to work full time.  Then next Sunday, the 24th, state we worked 3 days and have returned to work full time.  Just in case . . . .

hognol

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on February 17, 2013, 02:21:50 AM
I would file tomorow stating we haven't returned to work full time.  Then next Sunday, the 24th, state we worked 3 days and have returned to work full time.  Just in case . . . .

Yes, actually that's what I was thinking, but if we get paid for the week I think we should say we worked 5. Agree?

Rock Steady

GMC JOE

Why would   we not get paid for five if that is what our contract states? As you said we work under the old terms until there is a new agreement. Or is it just a free for all now ?    :crazy:
In God We Trust

Numbers

Quote from: Buzz on February 17, 2013, 02:09:46 AM
OK ... so now what do we do about unemployment? How do we let them know we're back to work ... claim this week and indicate we've returned to work? We actually haven't yet. Don't want any unpleasant surprises Easter week. Anybody?

I was told earlier this week by an unemployment representative not to certify anymore because we r on suspension due to the strike. She told me I was to file a new claim after March 6 if I was still on strike

Buzz

Quote from: GMC JOE on February 17, 2013, 04:25:26 PM
Why would   we not get paid for five if that is what our contract states? As you said we work under the old terms until there is a new agreement. Or is it just a free for all now ?    :crazy:

Under terms of the old until there's a new.

Buzz

Quote from: Numbers on February 17, 2013, 05:54:22 PMI was told earlier this week by an unemployment representative not to certify anymore because we r on suspension due to the strike. She told me I was to file a new claim after March 6 if I was still on strike

See, now I was told by an unemployment representative at the Restoration Center on Hylan to certify every week (she stressed that a couple of times). I think there's no harm in doing so ... did today and will next week just for the purpose of indicating I'm back to work.

Numbers

I don't think it really matters either way, they ain't giving no moola. :perplexed: