Bad to Worse

Started by Buzz, March 26, 2013, 10:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Did your friend ever hear the saying "Divide and conquer?" Does he feel accepting the checks showed unity? Will he feel the same when he finds out he or some of his coworkers may get laid off for the summer months? Did you tell him "Beware of contractors bearing gifts?"
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

terminator

Maybe he thinks it is easier to replace drivers than mechanics. There has to be a reason for this. Nothing is done by chance anymore - it is all calculated!

Buzz

Quote from: terminator on March 28, 2013, 06:00:14 AM
Maybe he thinks it is easier to replace drivers than mechanics. There has to be a reason for this. Nothing is done by chance anymore - it is all calculated!

Truthfully, it is easier to replace drivers than mechanics. Very difficult to hire even a class 2 man at what they pay, let alone class 1. You see what they hire ... kids ... "helpers" ... and hopefully they become mechanics with years of on-the-job-training. Whereas within a few weeks/months anybody can become a bus driver.

Still, the word is that some companies (probably including ours) are looking to reduce their summertime shop personnel. (They feel they don't really need as many mechanics when a small percentage to zero buses are running.) Would have been in their long-term best interest to show unity, but I can understand how it would be hard to say "No thanks" to somebody waving a check in your face.

Eucerin

Just my opinion but I believe contractor's want to keep their mechanic's...senior driver's not so much...

Rock Steady

How Neil's skin doesn't simply peel from his bones is beyond me.  How someone can simply drop employee salaries by 20% and still be able to sleep good at night is amazing.  To me he is no longer a descent human being with respect for human life, he's an animal.  He's got to know that our lives are structured according to our current salaries. 
[EDITED]
  To think he's such a strong democrat, who's supposed to be "for the working man".  Look up all the contributions he's made to democratic candidates over the years, it's amazing.  You've got to be a certain type of person (or animal) to do something like this and still keep a clear conscience.  I'm wishing for nothing but bad things to happen to him or his family, because thats what's happening to mine.

Sorry, Rock Steady, I don't like to do this. I understand and share the anger and frustration, believe me. Blasting the guy is one thing, but denigrating the family in the manner that you did is uncalled for.

4real

seems to be all im hearing from all our brothers and sisters at pioneer Rock steady, I guess faceit had it right all along  "scumbag" all about money never mind the commitment we made to better HIS company while he sat back and took all the credit on being one of the BEST in the industry.. Good luck to you Neil you must need the money more than your employees do, we only live paycheck to paycheck, and some of US are still bailing water out of our houses.. Your Father would have been proud of you....Your a Good Man  :head_wall:

Goose623

I agree with you 100% rock steady.fuck him

mirrorcheck

Buzz....he (mechanic friend) knows full well what hes doing. Hes also scared personally cause of what happened to the Hostess workers same premise technically different, brutal end result. He is aware as I am, you are and the rest of the people on this thread, this is our professional judgement day. Yeah I took some city tests myself, this is the current job for me that I depend and rely on , I like him have no pension from another job. I am going day to day like a brutal alchoholic (of course im dry) trying to keep my sanity over this chasm. Problem like most people is I had a budget based on this job, this torpedoed that and my titanic idea of a humble life is taking on water. Only a matter of time now before it all sinks. Thanks boss man.  My daughter who is too young to inderstand this is just as confused as I am.  My family is humble and strong....we work for a living and we know the meaning of money and what its like to earn a days pay. Some dont want to know....maybe there glass palace mcmansions dont have mirrors.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Rock Steady

Did you hear that Neil ?  Die you M^&%$r F#@%er . . . . .

4real

WOW this is turning into one of Bloomys newspapers

Goose623

He is pushing his own workers to the edge. Hope he has eyes behind his head.time to rise up n stand together. U scumbag.

Goose623

The scumbag is messing with are livelihoods and are families. You just don't do that.

faceit

DO YOUR OWN RUNS DO NOT HELP THE OFFICE IN ANY WAY THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL HURT THIS GUY IN HIS POCKET, PAY THE SHAPES FOR FULL DAYS, LEAVE THE YARD ON YOUR REPORT TIME + 10 MIN. FOR PRE TRIP...LATE TO SCHOOLS IS A VIOLATION TO HIM, OR ITS O.T FOR YOU.... BE SMART BE PROFESSIONAL AND YOU WONT BE WRONG.... :thumbup: NAME CALLING DOES NOT HURT A GUY LIKE THIS HE'S USED TO IT BY NOW..

mirrorcheck

I still cant believe a sick out entitled him to replace us,yet he can dictate to us any terms he likes and can bypass any meaningful arbitration. something is really wrong with playing by the rules?or is it just the average joe worker takes it in the shorts?  :thumbdown:
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on March 29, 2013, 07:43:08 PM
...LATE TO SCHOOLS IS A VIOLATION TO HIM, OR ITS O.T FOR YOU....

You didn't read the new proclamation ... no overtime until after 40 hours!  :shock: