new drivers

Started by 1union, June 07, 2013, 11:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1union

See alot of new drivers being trained and getting ready to start in sept, nothing againest them but dont we have a lot of members out of work and more come sept?why arent good standing union members getting a shot first?This could happen to us if pioneer gets out of the game!

Buzz

At this point, I don't think there is anything the union could do to compel the company to hire anybody.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

worker341

Lets stop the stall jobs the Co. is doing to us all we are a week away from June 15 who has a trueful answer lets hear it load and clear are we getting our well deserve wage and accrual (Vacation cks. ) Lets start with the boss and work our way down to the shop steward or anybody who has the answer. Go for it, start now.

1union

If the epp stays in place will they have a shot of getting a job?

yabba

is it true that a few shapes quit this past week?

as far as the epp im guess that is why the company is hiring so many new drivers now before the layoff end of june...i guess neil can hirte as many as he wants,lets face it we only have a few weeks left he pays them peanuts ,lays them off for the summer,then he buys out more guys and he sees how many of the new hires he needs come sept.,the ones he already hired ,and neil hopes he doesnt need to hire any of the 1181 senior drivers from the master list..

terminator

Im confused about the new drivers - dont they have to join 1181 to work in a union shop?

Buzz

Quote from: terminator on June 12, 2013, 03:22:50 PM
Im confused about the new drivers - dont they have to join 1181 to work in a union shop?

Of course. What makes you think they're not?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.