Glucagon Administration Training? WTF???

Started by Buzz, August 09, 2022, 01:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

The Panel for Education Policy will meet on Aug. 11 and vote on requiring us to receive training on administering Glucagon ... which is a diabetes drug. Un-fucking-real!!

drug training.jpg

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

sbdriver1

faceit

Never happening and can not force me to do it
All lives matter

Buzz

Kid24

"Parents of New York City Public School students with diabetes will now have the comfort in knowing their children can safely ride the school bus and not be denied the opportunity to go on field trips with their classmates,"

Lmaoo I would not feel comfortable as a parent knowing a school bus driver would have to administer the shot. This is such Bullshit. If the kid is in the seat and has an episode how are we supposed to know as we drive the bus? Simple solution is to have a nurse ride the bus for situations like this.

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on August 09, 2022, 09:23:22 PMNever happening and can not force me to do it

You'll do it and you'll like it.   :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

faceit

Regardless of who is requesting it..I   I  refuse to administer any medication to any child I will not take on that responsibility....
All lives matter

Buzz

Got this information from one of the leaders at the parent organization, PIST, when I asked what happened at last night's meeting in regard to  same:

"They passed it but there was a LOT of commentary about actually getting at the bigger picture of problems and hiring. We can tell you that the glucagon training is not for ALL drivers & attendants, they have scaled it back to folks on 'identified routes' -- so someone better identify them. The training is to be done by real nurses, hands on in person for about 60 minutes I think. What we got from the advocates we passed to the ATU. Fingers crossed it won't be an OPT disaster"

We'll have to wait and see what comes of it.

Slowbus

Well I used to vaccinate cows🐄 years ago my only concern would be am i getting pay more

Buzz

Quote from: Slowbus on August 12, 2022, 06:22:21 PMWell I used to vaccinate cows🐄 years ago my only concern would be am i getting pay more

More pay.   :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

sbdriver1

Buzz

QuoteWill 1181 step in and say something?

Remains to be seen what actually comes of this. The agenda is being pushed by a group of parents of diabetic kids but OPT is not at all in favor of it. I don't know if they're planning on challenging the court order but the city does NOT welcome the training logistics or the possible liability. We'll just have to wait to see how it shakes out.

Buzz

You heard about it here first ... and I learned today ... that our special ed drivers and matrons DID have to learn how to give these shots!