Vote for Change

Started by Stugots, May 22, 2011, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

Let's start with the Contract.  It's 101/2 hours for new members.  I believe by starting that Senior men will be targeted.  You have to pay for Medical that you never had to pay for before.  This goes back to Ambrosio and Sal who said we will never pay for health care.  Favorite Nation Clause was never in any Contract.  Under Michael, the first year it's in our contract.  I will give him this, he got medical for people who are retired, but the pension rate is so low, that you have to retire at 65 and get Medicare anyway.   Most members are paying for something they will never use. We have never been fined by the BOE under any other President like the way we are under Michael.  You asked how we can start fixing the pension, Tommy said he would start by hiring new actuaries.  Michael says he doesn't negotiate for the unborn, but the new members are the future of our Union.  Also, one thing that really bothered me was that Cordiello said that if you vote no for the contract, there will be no new negotiations.  I always thought that a President of a union should go back and re-negotiate for the members.  Sorry to say, Michael couldn't carry Sal or Ambrosio's jock strap. ( Buzz, thank you for posting my comments on your website, even though we don't agree on everything. )   

Buzz

Wow! Where to start. Vote for change ... what change? We're number one in the industry, so any change would be for something less. You want number 2? Number 3?

Quote from: Stugots on May 22, 2011, 03:43:47 PM
Let's start with the Contract.  It's 101/2 hours for new members.  I believe by starting that Senior men will be targeted. 
10 1/2 hours for new men. So what? Has it stopped future members from climbing over each other to get hired?

Targeted how? If you don't do something you can be fired for, you can't be fired. Period. Do you have any example of anybody anywhere being fired for no reason other than saving money?

You have to pay for Medical that you never had to pay for before.  This goes back to Ambrosio and Sal who said we will never pay for health care.
Sal never said that. He said the only way we would pay is if they got benefits for retirees, and that's what we got. Only 30% of what you pay goes for active members increased benefits. All the rest is for retirees.

Favorite Nation Clause was never in any Contract. 
So? Are you against it because somebody who doesnt' understand it told you it's a bad thing? Please refer to this message ... http://1181drivers.com/smf/index.php?topic=16.0

Quote from: Stugots on May 22, 2011, 03:43:47 PMWe have never been fined by the BOE under any other President like the way we are under Michael. 
Maybe because the BOE didn't have dozens of former DOT preschool inspectors before. Whadday think?

Is Salerno going to tel OPT what to do? Does he have that power?

Quote from: Stugots on May 22, 2011, 03:43:47 PMYou asked how we can start fixing the pension, Tommy said he would start by hiring new actuaries. 
New actuaries? Isn't that ridiculous? You think the figures will be any different for them than they are now? You think they'll find any more money?

Quote from: Stugots on May 22, 2011, 03:43:47 PMMichael says he doesn't negotiate for the unborn, but the new members are the future of our Union. 
And there is absolutely no shortage of people looking to join us.

Quote from: Stugots on May 22, 2011, 03:43:47 PMAlso, one thing that really bothered me was that Cordiello said that if you vote no for the contract, there will be no new negotiations. 
Can he negotiate by himself? Once the contractors make it clear that this is their final offer and they're not coming back to the table, our ONLY CHOICE is to accept the contract or strike. That's not Michael's doing ... we gave him that authority in an unanimous vote, remember?

Sorry to say, Michael couldn't carry Sal or Ambrosio's jock strap.
Michael is doing a great job ... and he doesn't have behind him who Ambrosio and Sal did ... but some of you guys didn't want that muscle, remember?

Quote from: Stugots on May 22, 2011, 03:43:47 PM( Buzz, thank you for posting my comments on your website, even though we don't agree on everything. )

LOL ... actually, I don't think we agree on anything! But, you're very cordial and respectful and you views are welcome. Cheers.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

faceit

Good for you STU but your talking to someone who thinks that not careing about the "UNBORN" dose'nt effect us,.. Becouse the owners would want to keep us around, and not hire a new guy ( THE UNBORN ) to save them money....This contract sold us out..Sal would have never let this happen..  P.S. I'm not for members for change or selerno, Just not happy bout the contract..

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on May 22, 2011, 06:30:36 PM
Good for you STU but your talking to someone who thinks that not careing about the "UNBORN" dose'nt effect us,.. Becouse the owners would want to keep us around, and not hire a new guy ( THE UNBORN ) to save them money....This contract sold us out..Sal would have never let this happen..  P.S. I'm not for members for change or selerno, Just not happy bout the contract..
Well, I'll ask you the same question. Do you know of ANYBODY, ANYWHERE who was fired just so they could hire a new guy and save money?
Alternatively, if they leave because they take the buyout, that's completely voluntary.

Just can't see how Michael "sold us out." He got us a better raise than we could have expected in these times and increased benefits.

You are right, however, that I don't give a hoot about the "unborn." How much less would you like for your raise to have been so they could have more?

Stugots

Reply to Buzz:    Do you remember New York Bus Company.  For every year that you worked there, you got 90.00 per year.  Example:  Ten years 900.00 dollars.  They were never subsidized by the city or the state and at that time they weren't putting in forty dollars a week.  Why can't 1181 do something like that.  Somebody who works 20 to 25 years in our union gets the same amount of money.  If you work five more years you should be getting more money.  Forty dollars a week for your pension is alot of money.  That's why were getting the best pension in the industry, because were putting the most money in.  I heard that Michael had to hire a mediator just to settle the contract.  A guy making 240,000 dollars a year can't even negotiate a contract.
I'm not against everyone in the union just the president.  You never heard me complain  about anything until this guy became president.  Nobody shows up at union meetings and  morale is very bad.  We need a change.  That's why I'm voting for Salerno.  I like the fact that a newly elected President is a bus driver just like me.  Who gets up at 4 in the morning and drives in the snow. 0r has to deal with some BOE inspector who's gonna write me a ticket for a crumb on the bus.

faceit

It must be nice to be at a point in your career that if the sh!t hits the fan you can just take the buyout and live very happy in your payed off bungalow, some of us have 10 or 15 years before we can think like that, so the  "unborn" mentality is not in our favor, the owners are in business to make money, so yes they will look for any excuse to fire you or make it difficult for you to wanna stay. Now you tell me they havent done that...You are a fair guy at times, and you give everyone the fourm to speak, but when it comes to this contract you very ignorant.. Listen to your fellow drivers in your own garage and times that by the rest of the industry, Most are not happy with the contract... THE OWNERS ARE NOT STARVING AND THE CITY NEEDS THEM AS MUCH AS WE DO.. I JUST WANT MY FAIR SHARE....AND I DONT GIVE A F@CK WHO GETS IT FOR ME...

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on May 22, 2011, 07:02:19 PM
Reply to Buzz:    Do you remember New York Bus Company.  For every year that you worked there, you got 90.00 per year.  Example:  Ten years 900.00 dollars.  They were never subsidized by the city or the state and at that time they weren't putting in forty dollars a week.  Why can't 1181 do something like that.  Somebody who works 20 to 25 years in our union gets the same amount of money.  If you work five more years you should be getting more money.  Forty dollars a week for your pension is alot of money.  That's why were getting the best pension in the industry, because were putting the most money in.  I heard that Michael had to hire a mediator just to settle the contract.  A guy making 240,000 dollars a year can't even negotiate a contract.
I'm not against everyone in the union just the president.  You never heard me complain  about anything until this guy became president.  Nobody shows up at union meetings and  morale is very bad.  We need a change.  That's why I'm voting for Salerno.  I like the fact that a newly elected President is a bus driver just like me.  Who gets up at 4 in the morning and drives in the snow. 0r has to deal with some BOE inspector who's gonna write me a ticket for a crumb on the bus.

Not familiar with what you're saying about NY Bus. Where did the $90 go? Could you explain that in a little more detail?

Both sides agreed to call in a federal mediator. They were at an impasse. It was either have someone come in and try to bring the 2 sides to an agreement, or refuse and go on strike right there and then. I think Michael did the right thing.

Have you asked Salerno how he is going to do many of the things he says he's going to do. I mean exactly how? Did you get any answers?

I see the low turnout at meetings as a sign that everybody is pretty much happy with where we are no. They turn out in droves when they've got burrs under their saddles. Sorry you have such disdain for Michael and you're free to vote for whomever you want. One thing I can absolutely guarantee you is Michael puts in many, MANY more hours per day than Tommy or any bus driver.

(p.s. - When you want to answer a message, click "Reply" at the top or bottom of the page you're reading. It makes for greater continuity for all readers. "New Topic" is for starting a new thread, as opposed to an ongoing discussion.)

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on May 22, 2011, 07:54:54 PM
It must be nice to be at a point in your career that if the sh!t hits the fan you can just take the buyout and live very happy in your payed off bungalow, some of us have 10 or 15 years before we can think like that, so the  "unborn" mentality is not in our favor, the owners are in business to make money, so yes they will look for any excuse to fire you or make it difficult for you to wanna stay. Now you tell me they havent done that...You are a fair guy at times, and you give everyone the fourm to speak, but when it comes to this contract you very ignorant.. Listen to your fellow drivers in your own garage and times that by the rest of the industry, Most are not happy with the contract... THE OWNERS ARE NOT STARVING AND THE CITY NEEDS THEM AS MUCH AS WE DO.. I JUST WANT MY FAIR SHARE....AND I DONT GIVE A F@CK WHO GETS IT FOR ME...
Well, I'm not a candidate for a buyout yet. But my point is they can't fire you for any excuse. It hasn't and isn't going to happen. If you do something for which you can get fired and can't even be saved by arbitration, that was going to happen whether the company was going to save money or not.

I do speak to others in the yard and we must speak to different people, because by far, the majority I've talked to are very satisfied with the contract. Does that make them "ignorant" too? How can you say "most" are not happy with the contract when 80% of them voted for it. I think 80% would be "most."

Fair share? I think we get much more than our fair share, so we differ greatly on that point. Look at what we what we get to what others around the country get for doing the same job. There is no comparison.

You really think the city needs the contractors or us that much? Do you think we're needed more than air traffic controllers? This gravy train isn't going to last forever and for your sake, I hope it even lasts for the 10 or 15 years you have to go. Let's not kill the goose that lays the golden egg even sooner.

faceit

Dont compare nyc to the rest of the country, there is more money here then the rest of the country, everybody makes more here.the rest of the country dont pay the taxes we do...

John Eadicicco

If any of the posters knew what REALLY goes on behind closed doors you would NOT even waste your time posting on this site, Buzz is the voice of 1181!

faceit

Grrr

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on May 23, 2011, 03:01:07 PM
If any of the posters knew what REALLY goes on behind closed doors you would NOT even waste your time posting on this site, Buzz is the voice of 1181!

Gee, John, and here I thought you were supporting the Cordiello Slate this time around.

Oh well ...

Grrr

Quote from: faceit on May 23, 2011, 03:30:48 PM
" REALLY "

You mean he is a shill?

shill   /ʃɪl/  Show Spelled
[shil]  Show IPA
Slang . 
–noun

1. a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit,  friendship, kinship or loyalty.

4real

HAHAHAHA, YOUR SO TRANSPARENT.... :yawn: :yawn: