IRS TAX REFUND

Started by steady, July 30, 2021, 10:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Woke up this morning to some extra cash (which I wasn't expecting) in my bank account courtesy of the IRS. Just exactly what is this for???

yabba

if you filed your income tax early in the tax season,say before mid march,we pay tax on all of our UE...then Biden stimulus the first 10,200.00 of UE became tax free on federal income tax...so the IRS has been going back and correcting it and issuing refunds

steady

One thing to mention.  Not everyone is entitled to this tax break.  If you total income exceeds a certain amount you would not be entitled to the unemployment tax break.

Buzz

Quote from: steady on August 26, 2021, 01:47:38 PM
One thing to mention.  Not everyone is entitled to this tax break.  If you total income exceeds a certain amount you would not be entitled to the unemployment tax break.

I believe it was $150,000 for individuals.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

steady

Yes correct.  They're refunding the simplest returns first saving the more complicated return for the end.

steady

Just when I thought I was forgotten I received my refund finally! lol.  Better late than never

Buzz

Quote from: steady on October 27, 2021, 11:26:15 PM
Just when I thought I was forgotten I received my refund finally! lol.  Better late than never

Holy crap! And I thought waiting 7 weeks for unemployment was something.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.