No complaints!

Started by Buzz, January 14, 2011, 05:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMC JOE

Off the track with last post ,but I am fed up with  the politics they try to shove down our throats without the real cuts being made.
In God We Trust

Buzz

Sorry to disagree with you, GMC, but a system whereby an employee can be paid a pension for about TWICE as long as he worked is unsustainable. Generous plans like this have driven many municipalities (and some companies!) into bankruptcy. Maybe years ago it was necessary to attract people to what were generally lower paying civil service jobs. But today, those pension payments are more than many people make who are still working in private industry ... and will have to do so for much longer than 20 years.

A little confusing, but I found this post on "Thee Rant" for you  ... http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/26495/t/Tier-5--Preserves-20-Year-Pension--Cops--Firefighters-Despit.html
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

GMC JOE

Well Buzz ,if someone took a job that detailed certain benefits ,those benefits must remain.IF you want to change the benefits it must go to new employees. IF they don't like it then don't take the job .
In God We Trust

Buzz

Quote from: GMC JOE on January 20, 2011, 06:00:39 PM
Well Buzz ,if someone took a job that detailed certain benefits ,those benefits must remain.IF you want to change the benefits it must go to new employees. IF they don't like it then don't take the job .

Oh, absolutely agree ... I thought we're talking about new hires. Can't change the rules in the middle of the game.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Just_Right

I have to say Buzz your response to John on his stand of *personal days* was right on.Perhaps his slate should look more into another pension plan or an additional one.We all know we don't work like the NYPD or the NYFD. This is a school bus we're talking about. Where does a personal day fit in? Duh! it doesn't.
Us *seasonal* drivers OR as we are referred to as the *problem*,know that is not  in the cards for us.